#21 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

I think her bf is in university isn't he? So maybe he just CAN'T get up and fly across the country to go to an awards show because he has a life and is paying $100K (at least, American unis are great) for a degree, or whatever.

Sorry to see it from the perspective of a small, under-paid captain. But when MY wife got her university degree or as she was presented with her ​​private pilot's license, it was natural for me to be there and attend the ceremony. Own life or not. This is called "partnership". You give up a part of one's life for a partner.

"Benutze es!" = "Use it!"

„Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” John Updike

#22 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Now now ling, it is not $100,000 for our colleges-way off-only $90,000 ;) ugh our colleges are so freakin expensive. Anyway, I really dont get why we care who goes with Emma or who doesnt. All I can say is that was very sweet of Will to give her his jacket (at least what looks like is his own jacket lol). Either way, it was gentlmanly.
Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

#23 ling

ling

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Sorry to see it from the perspective of a small, under-paid captain. But when MY wife got her university degree or as she was presented with her ​​private pilot's license, it was natural for me to be there and attend the ceremony. Own life or not. This is called "partnership". You give up a part of one's life for a partner.

Well when *I* was in university, being the top of my class and graduating with honours, there are some things I wouldn't have time for, including cross-continental travel. I'm sure my professors would have LOVED to hear that I couldn't hand in a project on time because I went to the People's Choice Awards instead, and my parents would have been THRILLED that they're contributing to my educational success and I'm not giving 110% because I *had* to go to the Teen Choice Awards with my girlfriend even though she's perfectly capable of attending on her own.

I go to a LOT of work events, and I don't take people along with me, choosing instead to mingle with co-workers and network. Award ceremonies can be a similar event. It's not like it was the Golden Globes or an Academy Award and that they're MARRIED. It was the PCAs, he's her boyfriend not her husband, and he (presumably) has his own life.

Relationships where people do EVERYTHING TOGETHER are not necessarily the best relationships. People need to maintain their autonomy.

#24 Jo.

Jo.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Oh wow, this is a whole new level.
Don't even try and go there about how he isn't there for her, you have NO idea about their relationship, NO idea about him and NO idea of their situation.

I've seen from past threads that you do not like him, and all this by judging him for walking next to Emma walking down a street in a few pictures.

And you wonder why she wants to keep her private life to herself.

#25 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Jonny, just because you do not have anything going on in your life doesn't mean that other people don't. You do not seem to understand that not everyone is living the same exact life as you. Great that you got to go to some ceremonies for your wife. Many other people are way too busy to even do that. You need to broaden your horizons and learn something about the way the world works.

Ling, I love your post so much. Story of my life right now.

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#26 Adebisi

Adebisi

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

LOL maybe the right thing to "jonny do what I want" is that her bf even present the Emmas awards.

Y9m353j.jpg

#27 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Don't even try and go there about how he isn't there for her, you have NO idea about their relationship, NO idea about him and NO idea of their situation.

I've seen from past threads that you do not like him, and all this by judging him for walking next to Emma walking down a street in a few pictures.

APPLAUSE!!!!!!!! THIS. This IS exactly why she keeps her private life to herself. Johnny, no offense but you sound like the papparrazzi commenting about Emma.
Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

#28 Rena

Rena

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

OK. in the beginning, when it is not clear how long it will go.... but after a year I would love it to celebrate my gf's success at certain times. And I would get nuts, sitting at home in front of the tv and Ezra is hugging my gf after winning a award instead of me.....

pretty sure Ezra is gay so i dont think he'd care
For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And the stars never rise but I feel the bright eyes
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
Of my darling- my darling- my life and my bride,
In the sepulchre there by the sea,
In her tomb by the sounding sea.

#29 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • Mood::Rock n Roll
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

lucky bastard lol, i guess as long as shes happy its all good haha
Take Me Down to the Paradise City Iii|; )

Posted ImagePosted Image
the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the beauty of her face, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides

Twins: Arie <3.Children: Denisse and Tom Sister:Alex, Kim, Karen.
Niece: Amby Brother: Chandler, P.Jon is my grandad.Dina is the amazing kouhai.

#30 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

I never, never judge a person, I do not know. So I cannot say if he is the right man for her or not; I was just judging the pictures, you know..... And, yes, we all have no idea about their relationship... But WE ALL. Because some here behaving like they are living with them....

Edited by Jonny Claus jr., 24 January 2013 - 11:35 AM.

„Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” John Updike

#31 ling

ling

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Because some here behaving like they are living with them....

That's called empathy. You put yourself into someone else's shoes and imagine how their life must be and defend them when someone else is publicly bashing them because they're jealous.

#32 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

That's called empathy. You put yourself into someone else's shoes and imagine how their life must be and defend them when someone else is publicly bashing them because they're jealous.

Muahahahaha! So if somebody else does it, its "defending", when I am doing it, it is "bashing". I really love this forum and some members here.... :rofl:

#33 ling

ling

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Uh, yeah. If someone is BLATANTLY POSTING MEAN STUFF about someone they DON'T know, and others are trying to make that person stop, that's the difference.

I know Kindergarteners who understand this concept. It's not deep, philosophical stuff.

#34 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Uh, yeah. If someone is BLATANTLY POSTING MEAN STUFF about someone they DON'T know, and others are trying to make that person stop, that's the difference. I know Kindergarteners who understand this concept. It's not deep, philosophical stuff.

As I said: I love your oblique way of looking at things. I makes my day every day.

Edited by Jonny Claus jr., 24 January 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#35 ling

ling

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

MY oblique way? I'm pretty sure you have a large chunk of the forum condemning everything YOU say while the only person arguing with me is YOU.

#36 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

MY oblique way? I'm pretty sure you have a large chunk of the forum condemning everything YOU say while the only person arguing with me is YOU.

Nobody is asking you to argue with me. You want to kill me of with arguments, another member here wants to throw a bomb on me. That's the way, a discussion here goes. But I (we) never got a real answer to our questions. That's the point.

#37 ling

ling

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

... your questions of whether or not Emma's bf is constantly at her side that isn't even your business in any way? HOKAY. :sweatdrop:

#38 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

... your questions of whether or not Emma's bf is constantly at her side that isn't even your business in any way? HOKAY. :sweatdrop:

My question was, if there is a protocol for stars like Emma regarding the attendance of boyfriends (not married spouses) at events like the PCA or even OSCAR. That was my question. If it comes to me he can sit also the whole time at home with his buddies......

NB: my question was answered in the end. That's perfect.

Edited by Jonny Claus jr., 24 January 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#39 Jo.

Jo.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

My question was, if there is a protocol for stars like Emma regarding the attendance of boyfriends (not married spouses) at events like the PCA or even OSCAR. That was my question. If it comes to me he can sit also the whole time at home with his buddies......

I've already explained this to you a few times now, but hell, here goes a third time...

At Awards Ceremonies you are Usually allocated seats and you USUALLY have to sit with fellow cast and crew members.

With me so far?

Premieres you are usually allocated a certain amount of tickets and can sit with who you like.

Got it?

As some people have mentioned, he has been with her to events, just because you don't see him in pictures, it does not mean he isn't there.

#40 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

I've already explained this to you a few times now, but hell, here goes a third time...

At Awards Ceremonies you are Usually allocated seats and you USUALLY have to sit with fellow cast and crew members.

With me so far?

Premieres you are usually allocated a certain amount of tickets and can sit with who you like.

Got it?

As some people have mentioned, he has been with her to events, just because you don't see him in pictures, it does not mean he isn't there.

As I said, you answered my question yesterday. No need for a second time......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users