The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Google says she is 5'6 or 5'5. But I just can't believe that. She looks so small and tiny. I would say she is weak 5'3.

Has anyone met her in person? What do you think?

I do not think that you will get the correct answer here; her hight is - as far as I know this forum - considered as "private". <_<

Informations on the internet, however, are different between 5,4 and 5,6 - 1,65 in meters.

I saw a episode of CSI Las Vegas yesterday; the size of a suspect was calculated by comparing it with its surroundings. Maybe that would be an approach? All we need is a good picture......

Edited by Jonny Claus jr.

Well, here is another try. Emma's friend Sophie Sumner is 1,75 m or 5'9. This is the official messurement on her Storm-Model setcard, so we could believe that this is true (if I want to book a model a want to know her real measures).

Now look at this picture. Both girls wearing no heels, so you can see the difference....

Using the CSI-technique Emma is on this picture approx. 1,57 m or 5'3, so artismylife could be right.

in csi they solve a crime just in one episode so....besides, They arent in line I think and the street is inclined

the first time I saw her(2004)I searched about her and she was 5.5. Now, no idea

As I said, you find 5'3 up to 5'8 on the internet. So you can choose and you are always right.... Unfortunatly there is no setcard of her on the Stormmodel-page.....

And on the second picture they are standing even on a stage.....

I had the page open for a while and I posted it before read your hehe.

anyway, I dont remember if in her previous official website she had the heigth wrote, i remember some favourites things but her height i dont sure

I had the page open for a while and I posted it before read your hehe.

anyway, I dont remember if in her previous official website she had the heigth wrote, i remember some favourites things but her height i dont sure

No, although she is considered to be a "Model" too, I never saw a Setcard like the one from her friend Sophie.

My god, this would be a sensation and a unexcusable breach of secrecy, if they would reveal details of Emma like this one here from Sophie (official setcard by Storm-Model):

479925_511955602175803_1020275888_n.jpg

Well, I've met Sophie so I'd say Emma is a little bit taller than me. I'm 5ft3.

Well, I think between 5'3 and 5'4 is not wrong at all. Thanks, Gil!

No, although she is considered to be a "Model" too, I never saw a Setcard like the one from her friend Sophie.

My god, this would be a sensation and a unexcusable breach of secrecy, if they would reveal details of Emma like this one here from Sophie (official setcard by Storm-Model):

I think it's probably more because Emma models because she's a face people know and recognize and trust (good for building brand loyalty) and people KNOW when they want/can afford her.

Sophie is less known, not really known outside modelling and ANTM circles, and is more of... one of many models in a database that are more likely to be chosen based off her appearance than her notoriety.

So, if you're looking through headshots for a model, you're unlikely to get Emma unless you're willing to do a big contract with her for a larger brand. With most of the models, though, they're pretty much like "bring me a card for every girl taller than 5'9 with short hair." And that's what they get, and pick a model based off that.

I think it's probably more because Emma models because she's a face people know and recognize and trust (good for building brand loyalty) and people KNOW when they want/can afford her.

Sophie is less known, not really known outside modelling and ANTM circles, and is more of... one of many models in a database that are more likely to be chosen based off her appearance than her notoriety.

you're unlikely to get Emma unless you're willing to do a big contract with her for a larger brand.

I agree, but the many fashion-shooting she did in the last time are not part of a "bigger contract" (except the Lancome-pictures). So I think, you can book her for a shooting, if she is interested in the story and money / publicity is right.....

Emma is not a model although she does some modeling. Emma gets called up for shoots because she is famous and gorgeous. Just like any star who does ads. It's more for her branding then anything else. A fan of Emma is likely to by a product she does a campaign for.

Sophie is a model. She is part of an agency. Her information is public so anyone searching for a model can contact her. People use her for her modeling abilities not her name.

There is a difference here which is why you can find more I formation on Sophie. Pretty much anyone can hire Sophie. To hire Emma you need to go through her PR team and they decide if it is even worth telling Emma.

Emma is not a model although she does some modeling. Emma gets called up for shoots because she is famous and gorgeous. Just like any star who does ads. It's more for her branding then anything else. A fan of Emma is likely to by a product she does a campaign for.

Sophie is a model. She is part of an agency. Her information is public so anyone searching for a model can contact her. People use her for her modeling abilities not her name.

There is a difference here which is why you can find more I formation on Sophie. Pretty much anyone can hire Sophie. To hire Emma you need to go through her PR team and they decide if it is even worth telling Emma.

I am a fan, but I fear I will never buy a Lancome-product..... ;)

Her PR-team helps with decisions about jobs? I really hope, this is not true. If yes, poor Emma. She should make her own decisions.

I am a fan, but I fear I will never buy a Lancome-product..... ;)

Her PR-team helps with decisions about jobs? I really hope, this is not true. If yes, poor Emma. She should make her own decisions.

Do you really not know about marketing?

Well first off, Lancome has no interest in you. You are not their target. Lancome does research of who buys their products. Someone saw that their is crossover between who buys Lancome make-up and Emma Watson fans. Thus she does an ad campaign for them. You always have to consider your audience.

Anyone who is famous has a PR team that does some of the weeding down. Not poor Emma at all, in fact this helps Emma. Famous people get hundreds of offers a week. Some of them are just not of interest. Every one has a "branding". Meaning there are campaigns that fall into Emma's branding and those that don't. For example, Emma is not going to be the new face of Texas Instruments any time soon. PR teams help weed out the campaigns that aren't of interest. Ultimately they work for Emma. Emma has sat down with her team and told them what she wants them to do. They do not make the final decisions. But, they decide what she gets told about. Some things are obvious choices. This is true for anyone famous. No company can just call up a famous person, they have to go through a team. I am actually super surprised you don't know this. Kind of just logical.

I will give you a specific example. I had the pleasure of meeting Mayim Bialik this year. I heard her speak at a private an public event. She talked about this vary case. Mayim Bialik does not typically do any kind of ad campaigns or marketing stuff. It is not of interest to her. So her PR team doesn't even let her know about those offers half the time. However, her PR team was approached by Texas Instruments (thus the example above) and they know Mayim loves the brand. So they decided to tell her about it and she became their "face".

Do you really not know about marketing?

Well first off, Lancome has no interest in you. You are not their target. Lancome does research of who buys their products. Someone saw that their is crossover between who buys Lancome make-up and Emma Watson fans. Thus she does an ad campaign for them. You always have to consider your audience.

Anyone who is famous has a PR team that does some of the weeding down. Not poor Emma at all, in fact this helps Emma. Famous people get hundreds of offers a week. Some of them are just not of interest. Every one has a "branding". Meaning there are campaigns that fall into Emma's branding and those that don't. For example, Emma is not going to be the new face of Texas Instruments any time soon. PR teams help weed out the campaigns that aren't of interest. Ultimately they work for Emma. Emma has sat down with her team and told them what she wants them to do. They do not make the final decisions. But, they decide what she gets told about. Some things are obvious choices. This is true for anyone famous. No company can just call up a famous person, they have to go through a team. I am actually super surprised you don't know this. Kind of just logical.

I will give you a specific example. I had the pleasure of meeting Mayim Bialik this year. I heard her speak at a private an public event. She talked about this vary case. Mayim Bialik does not typically do any kind of ad campaigns or marketing stuff. It is not of interest to her. So her PR team doesn't even let her know about those offers half the time. However, her PR team was approached by Texas Instruments (thus the example above) and they know Mayim loves the brand. So they decided to tell her about it and she became their "face".

Arie, please keep cool. No reason, to hyperventilate again. I worked for 29 years in the PR- and Mediabusiness, so I have a little idea, what is possible and what not. I forgot to add "sarcasm", because I am well aware why Lancome is putting so much money in Emma. And you also know my opinion about her "team" - no need to defend them, I will not change my mind until I see that these highly payed people are able to set up a propper homepage and FB-presense. Ok? Good.

Arie, please keep cool. No reason, to hyperventilate again. I worked for 29 years in the PR- and Mediabusiness, so I have a little idea, what is possible and what not. I forgot to add "sarcasm", because I am well aware why Lancome is putting so much money in Emma. And you also know my opinion about her "team" - no need to defend them, I will not change my mind until I see that these highly payed people are able to set up a propper homepage and FB-presense. Ok? Good.

I was just asking a simple question...

From your post I honestly thought you didn't understand and I was only trying to clarify how it works. I really didn't mean anything by it. I am not trying to change your mind about anything. I was just explaining how it works because it seemed like you were asking me a question.

I am sorry for misunderstanding your post as being an honest question. I guess I just don't typically assume people are being sarcastic. I was only trying to help, but I wont be making that mistake again.

Would it have killed you to be nice to me and not assume I was being sarcastic? I can't believe it but I actually feel really hurt by your post. I was honestly just trying to clarify the situation because I thought you were confused. I'm sorry for being nice and trying to help.

Just in case this is needed.... there is absolutely no sarcasm in this post. Just a little sadness and disappointment that you can't seem to be nice to many people. I am going to choose think the best of you, because thats what I do, and hope that this is not how you speak to everyone.

I was just asking a simple question...

From your post I honestly thought you didn't understand and I was only trying to clarify how it works. I really didn't mean anything by it. I am not trying to change your mind about anything. I was just explaining how it works because it seemed like you were asking me a question.

I am sorry for misunderstanding your post as being an honest question. I guess I just don't typically assume people are being sarcastic. I was only trying to help, but I wont be making that mistake again.

Would it have killed you to be nice to me and not assume I was being sarcastic? I can't believe it but I actually feel really hurt by your post. I was honestly just trying to clarify the situation because I thought you were confused. I'm sorry for being nice and trying to help.

Just in case this is needed.... there is absolutely no sarcasm in this post. Just a little sadness and disappointment that you can't seem to be nice to many people. I am going to choose think the best of you, because thats what I do, and hope that this is not how you speak to everyone.

So, well, we both misunderstood each other. Sorry for that. But after 29 years in that business, working in many fields of PR and Marketing, I think I know at least a little what I am talking about. Ok, maybe PR in Great Britain is a little bit different, but in fact we were taking over here many things "invented" in GB. I worked on homepages since Internet was invented (from the first "static" side until the last release with all the gimmicks, the net offers), I produced documentary movies (as producer, screenwriter, cutter, director), I did promotions for some well known actors here in Austria, I did field-research, promotions, events for 30.000 people ecc. ecc. and I'm really tired to be portrayed here constantly as an idiot, not knowing what he is talking about, worth to get a bomb on his computer (as it was suggested last week).

I know, this was off-topic, but as I said, threatened with a bomb is also not nice, I think.

So, well, we both misunderstood each other. Sorry for that. But after 29 years in that business, working in many fields of PR and Marketing, I think I know at least a little what I am talking about. Ok, maybe PR in Great Britain is a little bit different, but in fact we were taking over here many things "invented" in GB. I worked on homepages since Internet was invented (from the first "static" side until the last release with all the gimmicks, the net offers), I produced documentary movies (as producer, screenwriter, cutter, director), I did promotions for some well known actors here in Austria, I did field-research, promotions, events for 30.000 people ecc. ecc. and I'm really tired to be portrayed here constantly as an idiot, worth to get a bomb on his computer (as it was suggested last week).

I know, this was off-topic, but as I said, threatened with a bomb is also not nice, I think.

Let me just remind you that I do not actually know you. I had no idea you work/worked in PR. Which is why I answered the questions in the first place. I never considered you an idiot because I believe the best in everyone. I also did not make the bomb comment. Still, I did not know you had experience in this field and that is why I made the comment I did. I had no way of knowing of your experience. I don't read everything people post on this forum. I have no idea if you even mentioned it before, but I am sure you have due to the nature of some of the discussions.

It is. Especially since I have nothing to do with that comment. But, I understand being hurt by comments that others make.

Seriously, WHY has a topic about her height turned into MORE bashing of her PR? Can ANY topic on here run WITHOUT it turning into a "How Crap something to do with Emma is".

I'm starting to get really angry with all of this crap.

Emma is a bit taller than she looks in pictures, i'm 5'1, I would say she was about 5'5.