The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma & The Poles

The metal ones that you wrap yourself around, that is.

Apparently Emma confirmed to Elle France that she did take pole dancing classes for Bling Ring. Never fear Emma, it won't change my perception of you one bit.

*puts on Private Dancer*

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if she did, who cares? I have friends who have taken pole classes. It's very good for core strength. And what a woman does with her body is none of your business anyway (unless she invites you to make it part of your business, of course). :P

Anyway, you should try it. It can be fun but MAN is it hard. Really makes you respect the people doing it professionally. It's kind of a magical sport.

Even if she did, who cares? I have friends who have taken pole classes. It's very good for core strength. And what a woman does with her body is none of your business anyway (unless she invites you to make it part of your business, of course). :P

Anyway, you should try it. It can be fun but MAN is it hard. Really makes you respect the people doing it professionally. It's kind of a magical sport.

You are right, it is in a way a interesting, erotic but very hard sport. But it fit's Emma and her enthusiasm to work hard on her body and her profession. And the rumor WAS, that she was taking lessons for BLING RING. And it was said it is nonsense and that she would not take lessons. So, other way round: why denying something what has to do with the profession and a project and has not really to do with private business? It makes her a little bit implausible.......

I have friends who have taken pole classes. It's very good for core strength.

The way she put it doesn't make it sound like she did it for the athletic benefits (which was what the rumours said IIRC)

And what a woman does with her body is none of your business anyway

No need to get all defensive, if she decided to sell her organs in a Chinese market square I'd also comment on it (surely you can see the parallels ?!)

Anyway, you should try it.

Uhm IDK. I do have long legs though. That must be good for something, stupid legs :doh:

The way she put it doesn't make it sound like she did it for the athletic benefits (which was what the rumours said IIRC)

Er, most women do it for athletic benefits. It's a very trendy things right now, like Zumba and Yoga and whatnot. XD

No need to get all defensive, if she decided to sell her organs in a Chinese market square I'd also comment on it (surely you can see the parallels ?!)

I'm not really defensive, so much as a woman who has to live in a world where people jump to conclusions based on what women do with their bodies. I.E. Your mind goes to private dancer, and not that she was doing it for exercise, when IN FACT it's a trendy exercise. I'm 100% sure that she does not have any plans of becoming an actual pole dancer.

Uhm IDK. I do have long legs though. That must be good for something, stupid legs :doh:

Not to mention what it does for your abs. Seriously look up some of the pole fitness people on YouTube, it is INSANE.

I'm not really defensive, so much as a woman who has to live in a world where people jump to conclusions based on what women do with their bodies. I.E. Your mind goes to private dancer, and not that she was doing it for exercise, when IN FACT it's a trendy exercise. I'm 100% sure that she does not have any plans of becoming an actual pole dancer.

I'd have to look up the quote but it sounded like she did it exclusively for her role. I agree she probably won't fall on such hard times that she'd do it professionally. In private though, mebbe :drool::rolleye0012:

Well, anyway, I'm here to confirm that this is ACTUALLY a trendy exercise thing right now that MANY women are doing. Although the benefit of such exercise outside of the dance studio is yet to be determined since there really isn't much real life application involved (how many people have poles suitable for dancing in their home?).

This is a screenshot of the header of the article (Daily Mail) from May 2012. It was discussed here and condemmed as the usual "rubbish" from the Daily Fail....

And now......

734705_519748181396545_1656780772_n.jpg

It's probably just the article as a whole that was rubbish, I don't know if the Daily Mail have ever actually written a true piece on her.

Well, anyway, I'm here to confirm that this is ACTUALLY a trendy exercise thing right now that MANY women are doing. Although the benefit of such exercise outside of the dance studio is yet to be determined since there really isn't much real life application involved (how many people have poles suitable for dancing in their home?).

Again, your are right and there is nothing sinister or indecent with poledancing. The point is, that it was denied with hand and feet that she is doing it, and 8 month later Emma herself is telling us that she does / did it. I mean, what reason is behind this? Because it was written by the Daily Mail? Or maybe because it's fun to confuse people?

Why could she or her people not say: "Yes, Emma is doing pole-dance. It is a trendy exercise many women doing now. And Emma will use her skill in her upcoming role of BLING RING." It could be so easy..... (I used your words, thank you for that).

It's probably just the article as a whole that was rubbish, I don't know if the Daily Mail have ever actually written a true piece on her.

Hä? The fact that she was/is doing it is the TRUTH. The motivation maybe different, but it was the TRUTH which was denied here, and this makes me wondering......

Edited by Jonny Claus jr.

Again, your are right and there is nothing sinister or indecent with poledancing. The point is, that it was denied with hand and feet that she is doing it, and 8 month later Emma herself is telling us that she does / did it. I mean, what reason is behind this? Because it was written by the Daily Mail? Or maybe because it's fun to confuse people?

Why could she or her people not say: "Yes, Emma is doing pole-dance. It is a trendy exercise many women doing now. And Emma will use her skill in her upcoming role of BLING RING." It could be so easy..... (I used your words, thank you for that).

Hä? The fact that she was/is doing it is the TRUTH. The motivation maybe different, but it was the TRUTH which was denied here, and this makes me wondering......

Yes she did it for her role as Nicki....and?

Yes she did it for her role as Nicki....and?

And??????? You are kidding, do you? 8 month ago it was said with hand and feet that she DOES NOT POLEDANCE. To explain it: we wrote, that a rumor says she is doing pole-dance. And it was answered the she DOES NOT POLEDANCE. And now she does / did.

I will not further comment this quality of PR, because dook is not happy about it. :icontwisted8pz:

The original rumor claimed she was doing it only for personal reasons and didn't mention her role at all.

That was clearly false.

We all knew there was something with poll dancing involved in Bling Ring.

Articles were claiming it was the new way for Emma to get fit. Which is false, it was for her role.

I see no issue here.

Also, I agree with ling. It is amazing exercise! I have gone to a few classes and think everyone should try it. Lets see you boys hoist yourself up a metal pole...

And??????? You are kidding, do you? 8 month ago it was said with hand and feet that she DOES NOT POLEDANCE. To explain it: we wrote, that a rumor says she is doing pole-dance. And it was answered the she DOES NOT POLEDANCE.

And now she does / did.

where was it said?

and wow...calm down, nobody killed anybody. :mellow:

That's called a joke. Do you honestly think I take any of this stuff seriously? :P I mean, feminism yeah. Web design, yeah. I take those seriously. Pettiness with men on the Internet that I don't know and will never meet and don't think about outside of the 10 minutes or so per day that we interact? NOT SO MUCH. ;)

That's called a joke. Do you honestly think I take any of this stuff seriously? :P I mean, feminism yeah. Web design, yeah. I take those seriously. Pettiness with men on the Internet that I don't know and will never meet and don't think about outside of the 10 minutes or so per day that we interact? NOT SO MUCH. ;)

I know.

And: 10 minutes per day.... I feel honored.... and with so much emotions..... :blush: :blush:

Pettiness with men on the Internet that I don't know and will never meet and don't think about outside of the 10 minutes or so per day that we interact?

Sounds like somebody has a crush on somebody. Such is the power of Emma dancing on a pole even with people removed by time and space. IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!!