The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma & The Poles

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, even if someone here says it's an untrue rumour, who cares? You spread lies about Emma ALL THE TIME. And not even things as trivial as the fact that she maybe did a pole class like thousands of others have done, but about private aspects of her personal life!

Uh, even if someone here says it's an untrue rumour, who cares? You spread lies about Emma ALL THE TIME. And not even things as trivial as the fact that she maybe did a pole class like thousands of others have done, but about private aspects of her personal life!

:yesyes: which is rather sad.

With all of some negativity and nastiness toward Emma, I will be limiting my time here. I refuse to listen to anymore tripe. Some clearly have nothing but sarcastic, biting, mean remarks to say regarding Emma. Calling her names or demanding she does things to appease her fans is crossing the line. Emma is one of VERY few celebrities that does nothing shocking or for the pure pleasure of the shock factor. She is going to school to get her degree, helps charities, cares about others, loves her family, and is an extremely talented young actress. I am sometimes shocked some consider themselves fans here. Mods, I apologize for my comment but I just had to say something. I love this forum very much and enjoy people's opinions. However, when some opinions reach the point of nasty or being mean, I have to say my feelings too.

Anyway, once again, look forward to all of Emmas projects and wish her continued success and good luck with everything :) Go Emma :)

Edited by cbmac12

With all of some negativity and nastiness toward Emma, I will be limiting my time here. I refuse to listen to anymore tripe. Some clearly have nothing but sarcastic, biting, mean remarks to say regarding Emma. Calling her names or demanding she does things to appease her fans is crossing the line.

not to state the obvious here, but there's not a single post in this thread where Emma is called names or anyone is demanding anything from her. :blink:

not to state the obvious here, but there's not a single post in this thread where Emma is called names or anyone is demanding anything from her. :blink:

You should go back at the beginning of this topic which is your own and also check all the posts that belong to Jonny Carinthia(throughout the entire forum).

Edited by MrsClaus

You should go back at the beginning of this topic which is your own and also check all the posts that belong to Jonny Carinthia(throughout the entire forum).

I did, there's no name calling and what exactly did I demand from her? :rolleyes:

As for Jonny, he has a point, and that's the point why I posted at all; because back in the day some people vehemently critized the Daily Mail for what they thought was a lie and they even said they'd "looked into the matter" and the pole lessons thing was all fake. I think that's what Jonny is referring to in all his posts.

If you look at the original Daily Mail article, they never say that it was for Emma's role in Bling Ring, only that it was a co-star who encouraged her, and that she was doing it for herself, along with their typical innuendo. They also had articles about how Emma was frequenting 'adult clubs' where such dancing is performed. Personally, I don't believe anything that appears in the Daily Mail unless it is confirmed elsewhere.

Er, but who really has the time and energy to care THAT MUCH about discussions that took place ages ago on a trivial topic? The Daily Fail is known for its crap. That's a truth universally acknowledged. So, they got something right for once (although, not her motive behind it, just that it happened)... And? :P

If you look at the original Daily Mail article, they never say that it was for Emma's role in Bling Ring, only that it was a co-star who encouraged her, and that she was doing it for herself, along with their typical innuendo.

it's true that they claimed she's just doing it for fun/ exercise above and beyond what she has to do for Bling Ring. Which doesn't seem to be the case.

Er, but who really has the time and energy to care THAT MUCH about discussions that took place ages ago on a trivial topic?

You should ask the people who deigned it worth a reply (like yourself) :P

Tbh, I was bored at work. But I also take issue with people policing what women do with their bodies. I found your private dancer comment to be borderline offensive because 1) it's a trendy fitness routine that has little to do with sex and 2) I find the implied objectification of a woman you don't even know to be weird. And yes, that's coming from someone who only dates females.

Er, but who really has the time and energy to care THAT MUCH about discussions that took place ages ago on a trivial topic? The Daily Fail is known for its crap. That's a truth universally acknowledged. So, they got something right for once (although, not her motive behind it, just that it happened)... And? :P

I know who. Its really sad that someone has nothing else to do that worry about some random people said 8 months ago. And yes what the daily fail(LOL I love that name)said WAS false

Tbh, I was bored at work.

AH-HAH!

But I also take issue with people policing what women do with their bodies.

Hang on, I just thought for a second you defended the rights of one gender but not the other. SEXISM :0_0:

1) it's a trendy fitness routine that has little to do with sex

but more than cricket, arguably

and 2) I find the implied objectification of a woman you don't even know to be weird.

most of us don't know the woman we're talking about here so, weirdness or not, it's not any different from other threads.

I know who. Its really sad that someone has nothing else to do that worry about some random people said 8 months ago.

I find it sad that you find it sad to find posts discussing Emma Watson on an Emma Watson forum. So much sadness q_q

But, on the subject of 'policing' other people's affairs, here's how my stream of consciousness passed the following milestones upon hearing these news:

1) OMG NO SHE DIDN'T

2) Emma dancing on a pole is pretty hot.

3) I wonder if she had any reluctance to overcome, both because of her self-image and her public image.

4) Reluctance or not, the question is also if she enjoyed it or not

5) Emma being Emma is pretty hot

6) I'm hungry.

Chauvinistic patriarchal pig or not? You decide :rolleye0012:

I find it sad that you find it sad to find posts discussing Emma Watson on an Emma Watson forum. So much sadness q_q

a 50 years old searching mad in the depths of the forum for some stuff someone said 8 months ago? yes is very sad

It is really sad that some people her simply will not get the point. The point is, that some people (they are called "spokesperson" or "spokeswoman" or "spokesman") telling false stories about Emma. Emma herself said - as far as I know - nothing about pole-dancing until the interview with "Elle" and she said the truth. So this discussion is again not about Emma, but about the people around her. When the Daily Mail (and many, many other medis) brought the story in Mai 2012, it was all denied and condemmed. And this makes me wonder: is it always the real picture of our beloved Emma, we get to see, or is it a faked one, manipulated for not-yet-known reasons by some "well informed sources"? The Daily Mail (and many other media, also here in Austria) were right. She DID pole lessons. And the reasons... well, even if they wrote that she want to improve her fitness, is this a bad or image-ruining thing? I don't think so. As long as the would not write: "Emma does pole-dance to get her bf faster into..... :hug: " I think it is a good story and a charming, too. A competend comment on her pole-lessons in May 2012 would have caused some 10.000 female fans of her to do the same - and this is not a bad thing (other members wrote here already about the value for fitness, body and health). And even for the movie it would be a great advertisment.

And I will continue to ask questions. I offend no one, threaten no one with bombs or knife attacks. I would not do this even as a "joke". I will stay polite. It is sad that other members leave the forum due to lack of arguments, but this is life. I am a fan, a true fan, but I hate it to hear lies and false stories about my favourite actress.

Edited by Jonny Claus jr.

It is really sad that some people her simply will not get the point. The point is, that some people (they are called "spokesperson" or "spokeswoman" or "spokesman") telling false stories about Emma. Emma herself said - as far as I know - nothing about pole-dancing until the interview with "Elle" and she said the truth. So this discussion is again not about Emma, but about the people around her. When the Daily Mail (and many, many other medis) brought the story in Mai 2012, it was all denied and condemmed. And this makes me wonder: is it always the real picture of our beloved Emma, we get to see, or is it a faked one, manipulated for not-yet-known reasons by some "well informed sources"? The Daily Mail (and many other media, also here in Austria) were right. She DID pole lessons. And the reasons... well, even if they wrote that she want to improve her fitness, is this a bad or image-ruining thing? I don't think so. As long as the would not write: "Emma does pole-dance to get her bf faster into..... :hug: "

Your point is, once again, Emma's PR people are doing a bad job. In this case you say they are lying. Before the Elle article, Emma mentioned that her character in Bling Ring liked pole-dancing. That's all she had said. I don't know of any comments made about pole-dancing by any "spokesperson" for Emma, either denying or confirming. The closest to a spokesperson here on the forums is Jo, and she hasn't said anything before now.

Daily Mail was right this time. Well, there was a bit of truth in their story. That is the problem with Daily Mail, many times there is a bit of truth in their article, but they wrap it in a bunch of made up crap so people will read it. Few would have cared if they reported "Emma is taking pole-dancing lessons for Bling Ring."

You say you are a "true fan". Then why do you constantly criticize almost every aspect of Emma's life. Why does almost every topic you post in become an argument about how you think she should do things? It is getting very tiresome.

Emma says she took pole-dancing lessons. I think the topic has served it's purpose, and it's now just an argument. So, I'll close it now.