The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma at the Perks DVD signing in LA?

Well, there is another page on the internet with a so called "Emma-ticker". Fans can post sightings there. So I knew approx. 8 hrs before it was mentioned here for the first time, that she is/was in LA. If you know were to search on the Internet, you can follow her every day. And get all the rumours and untrue stories, she is later complaining about. Bonnie twittered a nice "goodby London" (even with a pic of the plane, she was flying in) and later a simple "LA". She got many nice replies and wishes for a save travel....

Guy, I had already a life when you were still a baby. After 35 years of that life it nearly killed me. So I changed some things and still have a life, and 2% of this life is Emma. It is easy to find the right informations on the net, if you know were to look ...... And I find it soooo funny that you calling beeing a fan of Emma "creepy". :blink:

Can someone please block Johnny? You're 35 and are obsessing! That's CREEPY!!!! It's one thing to be a fan, it's a whole different story being an obsessive stalker. You are being incredibly rude! Not just to/about Emma, but also to other users. Why are you even commenting if you only have mean, sarcastic things to say?

is it stalkerish to go to a premiere, knowing your favorite celebrity will be there? #controversy

No. This is different. A premiere is a PUBLIC EVENT!! There are paparazzis there, and fans. The fans are half the deal of a premiere. Imagined if no one showed up? The celebrities attend a premiere knowing that they will pose for pictures, sign autographs and give interviews. It's part of them promoting a movie. It's a whole different story stalking them in their PRIVATE lives. I don't think it's controversy at all..

Can someone please block Johnny? You're 49 and are obsessing! That's CREEPY!!!! It's one thing to be a fan, it's a whole different story being an obsessive stalker. You are being incredibly rude! Not just to/about Emma, but also to other users. Why are you even commenting if you only have mean, sarcastic things to say?

No. This is different. A premiere is a PUBLIC EVENT!! There are paparazzis there, and fans. The fans are half the deal of a premiere. Imagined if no one showed up? The celebrities attend a premiere knowing that they will pose for pictures, sign autographs and give interviews. It's part of them promoting a movie. It's a whole different story stalking them in their PRIVATE lives. I don't think it's controversy at all..

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please block Johnny? You're 49 and are obsessing! That's CREEPY!!!! It's one thing to be a fan, it's a whole different story being an obsessive stalker. You are being incredibly rude! Not just to/about Emma, but also to other users. Why are you even commenting if you only have mean, sarcastic things to say?

In the case of Emma going abroad, you don't really know if it's private or not. Noone knew/ knows why she flew to the US lately, when she didn't attend the signing. It could have been a public event. And in that case, being informed isn't stalkerish according to you.

In the case of Emma going abroad, you don't really know if it's private or not. Noone knew/ knows why she flew to the US lately, when she didn't attend the signing. It could have been a public event. And in that case, being informed isn't stalkerish according to you.

If it is not publicly announced, it is not a public event. This was not publicly announced in a legit way. If Emma were really going to the signing it would have been announced. So no. No one knew why she flew to the US because it was no one's business but her own.

If it is not publicly announced, it is not a public event. This was not publicly announced in a legit way. If Emma were really going to the signing it would have been announced. So no. No one knew why she flew to the US because it was no one's business but her own.

Emma flew to Iceland for her work, without an announcement. While that's hardly a public event, it's not a private matter either. And even if it's made public at some point, the information that she's abroad might still travel faster.

Emma flew to Iceland for her work, without an announcement. While that's hardly a public event, it's not a private matter either. And even if it's made public at some point, the information that she's abroad might still travel faster.

What are you talking about? Of course that is private. She flew for work... not an awards show. There was no public event that she was appearing at. She went for work. If you followed her there, I am sure she would not be too pleased. It doesn't matter how fast news travels. That doesn't make it legit or not creepy. It is creepy to keep tabs on Emma while she was in LA. No matter how you spin it.

It would not be creepy if she announced she would be at the signing. Then feel free to go find her. But, keeping track of every restaurant she visits on the way... creepy.

Applause Arie!!! :) I have even stopped buying magazines like People because they are always intrusive with their pics...anyway public event vs work for film-2 completely different things....her work is her work-if she wants people to know or see her, she posts on her twitter-Emma was more than gracious posting Iceland moments and pics. I think we as her fans should show Emma we respect her and her privacy.

What are you talking about? Of course that is private. She flew for work... not an awards show. There was no public event that she was appearing at. She went for work.

I think you see the contradiction there, Emma has a job that involves the public and whatever concerns the job also concerns the fans.

If you followed her there, I am sure she would not be too pleased.

Are you putting people who follow Emma around and those who check her location on the net in the same box? :huh:

It would not be creepy if she announced she would be at the signing. Then feel free to go find her. But, keeping track of every restaurant she visits on the way... creepy.

I think you're lucky that there's no objective way of defining what's creepy and what isn't :P

I think you see the contradiction there, Emma has a job that involves the public and whatever concerns the job also concerns the fans.

Are you putting people who follow Emma around and those who check her location on the net in the same box? :huh:

I think you're lucky that there's no objective way of defining what's creepy and what isn't :P

Incorrect. Not everything that concerns Emma's job concerns her fans. For example, her salary or what size shoe she wears. While people care about those things for ridiculous reasons, they are no one's concern. Emma traveling for work is no one's concern. If she doesn't publicly announce it then it is because she doesn't want people to know. Would you like it if the world knew things about you that you didn't want the world to know?

Yes I am. Constantly checking on Emma's physical location is really only one step away from actually following her around. Why else would you be checking?

Are you implying that searching for every single place Emma has been on her recent trip is not creepy?

Incorrect. Not everything that concerns Emma's job concerns her fans. For example, her salary or what size shoe she wears.

Seems like a strawman to me. We're specifically talking about tracking Emma's location, not any other information. But since you're bringing up shoe size; there's at least one topic here where Emma's body size is discussed. That must seem so creepy to you, yet it's an information most people (not to mention fans) don't feel shy asking about.

If she doesn't publicly announce it then it is because she doesn't want people to know.

She didn't announce it because it would be ridiculous to announce it. "I'm going to Iceland everyone!", is that supposed to be an invitation?

Would you like it if the world knew things about you that you didn't want the world to know?

Seems like another strawman, because we both aren't famous actors. This has become a very broad discussion of "what's the relationship between the public and Emma" rather than "do you track her location?".

Yes I am. Constantly checking on Emma's physical location is really only one step away from actually following her around. Why else would you be checking?

Umm, because I find it interesting to know if Emma visits a place like Iceland? Emma found it worth talking about on Letterman, so I think she'd agree with me. I didn't plan on following her to Iceland. BTW, the Emma tickers I've seen say something like "current location: Iceland", not "current location: toilet". I think you're dramatizing.

Are you implying that searching for every single place Emma has been on her recent trip is not creepy?

see above :rolleyes:

Why would anyone, of any age, be obsessed with Emma's location at all times? That's borderline stalking.

I watch her interviews, see her movies, and read interviews that she does. I also consider myself a fan, but NO celebrity that I follow, do I care where they're at 24/7 or what they're doing at all times.

I know a few local celebrities personally (not going to mention names), and...they're just people. Emma is just a person. She acts in a few movies, but other than that, she's just like everyone else...and she should be treated like a human being.

/off my soapbox

Why would anyone, of any age, be obsessed with Emma's location at all times? That's borderline stalking.

More hyperbole plz :rolleyes:

I can't answer your question though, as I'm not obsessed with her whereabouts. I'm simply looking them up every now and then, like a lot of other people, including Jonny I'd wager ;)

Can someone please block Johnny? You're 35 and are obsessing! That's CREEPY!!!! It's one thing to be a fan, it's a whole different story being an obsessive stalker. You are being incredibly rude! Not just to/about Emma, but also to other users. Why are you even commenting if you only have mean, sarcastic things to say?

:rolleyes:

Lol dear Johnny....I dunno why you constantly get into all those troubles, but I guess I should thank you for...well...making me look like just another guy in the crowd by comparison, you know? I have no idea what made you think this place could be the same for you (or us) as for everybody else,

but go on...

:rolleyes:

Lol dear Johnny....I dunno why you constantly get into all those troubles, but I guess I should thank you for...well...making me look like just another guy in the crowd by comparison, you know? I have no idea what made you think this place could be the same for you (or us) as for everybody else, but go on...

It's "Jonny" without "h", and, yes. It is a strong psychological experience...... <_<