cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

they'll put a GPS on her soon.

ROFL!!!!! OMG that was wrong, just wrong!!!! ;) But scarily enough I wouldnt put it past stalkers in our world for celebrities.
Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

#43 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Mood::excited by tangents ô.Ô
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

is it stalkerish to go to a premiere, knowing your favorite celebrity will be there? #controversy

"Ok, well, the 'hot bod' is not a characteristic."

#44 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

ROFL!!!!! OMG that was wrong, just wrong!!!! ;) But scarily enough I wouldnt put it past stalkers in our world for celebrities.

They'd do anything to know where she is and that is wrong and weird. I wish they'd be stalked too and see how it actually feels for Emma.

sig by ashley

9.png

#45 ShipOfFools

ShipOfFools

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationOhio USA

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Is there seriously a 50 year old member here?

I felt strange here, being just turned 30 and a college student. Someone who's middle aged and posting on a forum for someone who could potentially be his daughter is definitely kind of dodgy.

"Actually I'm highly logical which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook." - Hermoine Granger

#46 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Is there seriously a 50 year old member here?

I felt strange here, being just turned 30 and a college student. Someone who's middle aged and posting on a forum for someone who could potentially be his daughter is definitely kind of dodgy.

yeah there is. :rolleye0012:

sig by ashley

9.png

#47 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Someone who's middle aged and posting on a forum for someone who could potentially be his daughter is definitely kind of dodgy.

admiring an actress who's younger than you is dodgy? Seriously?

Somehow this forum ditched Valentine's Day in favor of Happy Jonny Bashing Day :doh:

#48 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

They'd do anything to know where she is and that is wrong and weird. I wish they'd be stalked too and see how it actually feels for Emma.

I agree Elena...but sadly I dont think people like that care. I think they would actually welcome it.
Posted Image

#49 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

1.)
It is 49, to be correct.

2.)
I found no rule that forbids people over a certain age to be a member of this forum or posting here.

3.)
"Youth" is something that comes from your soul and your heart. Thank heaven it has nothing to do with the age of your body.

4.)
What will happen if you consider yourself as "to old" for something? Changing your life or killing yourself?

5.)
Young actors/actresses should be proud of every fan "who could be his/her father". Because it is much more difficult to impress "older" people. And maybe they have a little bit more experience to recognise real talent.

6.)
I watched all Harry Potter-movies when I was over 30. I even read the books (what a crime!) at this age. Will I get arrested when travelling the next time to the US or will I be thrown into the tower of London?

7.)
OMG, even watched "Ballet-Shoes" last week with my 9 year old son and my two nieces (11 and 12 years old). Can I expect imprisonment at Guantanamo or the death penalty now?

8.)
A point of view is a point of view. You can discuss it, defend it, argue against it. Otherwise you need no discussion-forum.

9.)
Just to say it clear: I did not invent the "Emma-ticker", I did not pay for it, I did not wanted it - it was just there.

10.)
Surfing the internet is a very good past-time, if you are bedridden after a knee-surgery. Then you find things, you have never expected.....

11.)
I find people dodgy, wanting people over a certain age to shut up retire into the woods. Remember, even your parents are "older people" and without them you would not be there. So a little bit more reverence before the age would do you good. And you will be a "older citizen" too, in a few years time.....

Jonny Carinthia

PS: One last thing; after I wrote here about the "Emma-ticker", I found on the net, I got within two hours six (!) personal messages. Five of them via my not very well known Facebook-account, one over the messenger of this forum. They all wanted to know the link to that "ticker". Some of these messages came from people, bashing me constantly here in this forum for what I say. Sorry that I call them hypocrites.

PPS: Sorry that I went off topic. But given the fact, that no moderator defended me against the cynical comments about my age, I had to write myself.

"Benutze es!" = "Use it!"

„Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” John Updike

#50 ShipOfFools

ShipOfFools

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationOhio USA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Listen, there is nothing wrong with liking an actress who is younger than you. But the whole "finding her attractive" thing...like I said, she could potentially be your daughter.

How is that not weird?

I am 30, and I like some of the things that my nieces and nephew are into. I think some of what Justin Bieber does is good, and I absolutely love Taylor Swift's music. But, then again, Taylor Swift is only 6 years younger than me...and I'm a young 30. Emma Watson is only 7 years younger than me.

I don't know, maybe dodgy isn't the word, but why would you spend your time on a forum dedicated to an actress, when you could be doing things that your peers are doing? I have a few friends my age who went to see Perks, and love the book, so I know it's not just me...but a 49 year old isn't the typical age group for Emma Watson.

Edited by ShipOfFools, 18 February 2013 - 05:13 PM.

"Actually I'm highly logical which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook." - Hermoine Granger

#51 I.SetFire2TheRain

I.SetFire2TheRain

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Mood::Happy
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Well, there is another page on the internet with a so called "Emma-ticker". Fans can post sightings there. So I knew approx. 8 hrs before it was mentioned here for the first time, that she is/was in LA. If you know were to search on the Internet, you can follow her every day. And get all the rumours and untrue stories, she is later complaining about. Bonnie twittered a nice "goodby London" (even with a pic of the plane, she was flying in) and later a simple "LA". She got many nice replies and wishes for a save travel....

Guy, I had already a life when you were still a baby. After 35 years of that life it nearly killed me. So I changed some things and still have a life, and 2% of this life is Emma. It is easy to find the right informations on the net, if you know were to look ...... And I find it soooo funny that you calling beeing a fan of Emma "creepy". :blink:

Can someone please block Johnny? You're 35 and are obsessing! That's CREEPY!!!! It's one thing to be a fan, it's a whole different story being an obsessive stalker. You are being incredibly rude! Not just to/about Emma, but also to other users. Why are you even commenting if you only have mean, sarcastic things to say?

is it stalkerish to go to a premiere, knowing your favorite celebrity will be there? #controversy

No. This is different. A premiere is a PUBLIC EVENT!! There are paparazzis there, and fans. The fans are half the deal of a premiere. Imagined if no one showed up? The celebrities attend a premiere knowing that they will pose for pictures, sign autographs and give interviews. It's part of them promoting a movie. It's a whole different story stalking them in their PRIVATE lives. I don't think it's controversy at all..

Can someone please block Johnny? You're 49 and are obsessing! That's CREEPY!!!! It's one thing to be a fan, it's a whole different story being an obsessive stalker. You are being incredibly rude! Not just to/about Emma, but also to other users. Why are you even commenting if you only have mean, sarcastic things to say?

No. This is different. A premiere is a PUBLIC EVENT!! There are paparazzis there, and fans. The fans are half the deal of a premiere. Imagined if no one showed up? The celebrities attend a premiere knowing that they will pose for pictures, sign autographs and give interviews. It's part of them promoting a movie. It's a whole different story stalking them in their PRIVATE lives. I don't think it's controversy at all..

I used to be broken.wings

my blog
my fashion blog

I am Gaithrir92 on instagram. Please follow me <3

#52 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Can someone please block Johnny? You're 49 and are obsessing! That's CREEPY!!!! It's one thing to be a fan, it's a whole different story being an obsessive stalker. You are being incredibly rude! Not just to/about Emma, but also to other users. Why are you even commenting if you only have mean, sarcastic things to say?

sig by ashley

9.png

#53 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

In the case of Emma going abroad, you don't really know if it's private or not. Noone knew/ knows why she flew to the US lately, when she didn't attend the signing. It could have been a public event. And in that case, being informed isn't stalkerish according to you.

#54 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

In the case of Emma going abroad, you don't really know if it's private or not. Noone knew/ knows why she flew to the US lately, when she didn't attend the signing. It could have been a public event. And in that case, being informed isn't stalkerish according to you.

If it is not publicly announced, it is not a public event. This was not publicly announced in a legit way. If Emma were really going to the signing it would have been announced. So no. No one knew why she flew to the US because it was no one's business but her own.

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#55 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

If it is not publicly announced, it is not a public event. This was not publicly announced in a legit way. If Emma were really going to the signing it would have been announced. So no. No one knew why she flew to the US because it was no one's business but her own.

Emma flew to Iceland for her work, without an announcement. While that's hardly a public event, it's not a private matter either. And even if it's made public at some point, the information that she's abroad might still travel faster.

#56 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Emma flew to Iceland for her work, without an announcement. While that's hardly a public event, it's not a private matter either. And even if it's made public at some point, the information that she's abroad might still travel faster.

What are you talking about? Of course that is private. She flew for work... not an awards show. There was no public event that she was appearing at. She went for work. If you followed her there, I am sure she would not be too pleased. It doesn't matter how fast news travels. That doesn't make it legit or not creepy. It is creepy to keep tabs on Emma while she was in LA. No matter how you spin it.

It would not be creepy if she announced she would be at the signing. Then feel free to go find her. But, keeping track of every restaurant she visits on the way... creepy.

thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#57 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

Applause Arie!!! :) I have even stopped buying magazines like People because they are always intrusive with their pics...anyway public event vs work for film-2 completely different things....her work is her work-if she wants people to know or see her, she posts on her twitter-Emma was more than gracious posting Iceland moments and pics. I think we as her fans should show Emma we respect her and her privacy.
Posted Image

#58 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

What are you talking about? Of course that is private. She flew for work... not an awards show. There was no public event that she was appearing at. She went for work.

I think you see the contradiction there, Emma has a job that involves the public and whatever concerns the job also concerns the fans.

If you followed her there, I am sure she would not be too pleased.

Are you putting people who follow Emma around and those who check her location on the net in the same box? :huh:

It would not be creepy if she announced she would be at the signing. Then feel free to go find her. But, keeping track of every restaurant she visits on the way... creepy.

I think you're lucky that there's no objective way of defining what's creepy and what isn't :P

#59 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

I think you see the contradiction there, Emma has a job that involves the public and whatever concerns the job also concerns the fans.

Are you putting people who follow Emma around and those who check her location on the net in the same box? :huh:

I think you're lucky that there's no objective way of defining what's creepy and what isn't :P

Incorrect. Not everything that concerns Emma's job concerns her fans. For example, her salary or what size shoe she wears. While people care about those things for ridiculous reasons, they are no one's concern. Emma traveling for work is no one's concern. If she doesn't publicly announce it then it is because she doesn't want people to know. Would you like it if the world knew things about you that you didn't want the world to know?

Yes I am. Constantly checking on Emma's physical location is really only one step away from actually following her around. Why else would you be checking?

Are you implying that searching for every single place Emma has been on her recent trip is not creepy?

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#60 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

Incorrect. Not everything that concerns Emma's job concerns her fans. For example, her salary or what size shoe she wears.

Seems like a strawman to me. We're specifically talking about tracking Emma's location, not any other information. But since you're bringing up shoe size; there's at least one topic here where Emma's body size is discussed. That must seem so creepy to you, yet it's an information most people (not to mention fans) don't feel shy asking about.

If she doesn't publicly announce it then it is because she doesn't want people to know.

She didn't announce it because it would be ridiculous to announce it. "I'm going to Iceland everyone!", is that supposed to be an invitation?

Would you like it if the world knew things about you that you didn't want the world to know?

Seems like another strawman, because we both aren't famous actors. This has become a very broad discussion of "what's the relationship between the public and Emma" rather than "do you track her location?".

Yes I am. Constantly checking on Emma's physical location is really only one step away from actually following her around. Why else would you be checking?

Umm, because I find it interesting to know if Emma visits a place like Iceland? Emma found it worth talking about on Letterman, so I think she'd agree with me. I didn't plan on following her to Iceland. BTW, the Emma tickers I've seen say something like "current location: Iceland", not "current location: toilet". I think you're dramatizing.

Are you implying that searching for every single place Emma has been on her recent trip is not creepy?

see above :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users