The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Wild Speculation: Emma Will Attend The Independent Spirit Awards Tomorrow

There are only two televised award shows that nominated Perks: The People's Choice Awards and The Independent Spirit Awards.

Perks is nominated for Best First Feature and Stephen Chbosky is the official recipient.

Emma flew back to LA this weekend and the ceremony is tomorrow night.

Some people are saying she might be attending the Oscars or one of the after party's, but I think this is much more likely.

They're actually taping the Spirit Awards right now, so I guess she didn't go after all.

Although I just read that Perks did in fact win Best First Feature, and Stephen thanked Emma in his speech.

Maybe she really is going to the Oscars...

Another pic from the same makeup artist and hair by Ben Skervin.

If she's working with professional hair and makeup artists, in what looks like her hotel room over multiple days, then I think she'll be doing more than just private parties.

The Independent Spirit Awards (originally known as the FINDIE or Friends of Independents Awards), founded in 1984, are awards dedicated to independent filmmakers (production-budgets not over 20 Mio, Dollar). Winners were typically presented with acrylic glass pyramids containing suspended shoestrings representing the paltry budgets of independent films. In 1986, the event was renamed the Independent Spirit Awards. The Independent Spirit Awards are presented by Film Independent, a non-profit organization dedicated to independent film and independent filmmakers. In 2007, the ceremony was slightly changed to Film Independent's Spirit Awards. Since 2006, winners have received a trophy depicting a bird sitting atop of a pole with the shoestrings from the previous design wrapped around the pole.

The awards show was previously held inside a tent on the beach in Santa Monica, California, usually on the day before the Academy Awards (since 1999; originally the Saturday before). Since 1994, the show has been broadcast on the Bravo network and Independent Film Channel.

(Wikipedia)

Homepage: http://www.spiritawards.com/

Edited by Jonny Claus jr.

Thanks, but I checked Wikipedia already. I wasn't asking about the concept, but the reality of it.

For example Wikipedia says the goal is to offer patronage to directors with a minority background, but Chbosky doesn't belong to any minority I've heard of.

For example Wikipedia says the goal is to offer patronage to directors with a minority background, but Chbosky doesn't belong to any minority I've heard of.

I think it is just another award around the OSCARS, this time for the independend films, never having a chance to be nominated for an OSCAR. The minority-thing sounds after "political correctness".

Edited by Jonny Claus jr.

I think it is just another award around the OSCARS, this time for the independend films, never having a chance to be nominated for an OSCAR.

well Black Swan won an award there, and AFAIK Black Swan was rumored to get nominated for an Oscar (or at least it was anything but an underdog)