The Emma-Watson.net Forum

How did you get your username?

I know there is a "Who were you" thread here and I suppose the meanings/origins of past usernames could be discussed here.

Sometimes when I read the different usernames here of people I know and even those I do not know I wonder why they chose the username they did.

So how did you choose your username and what does it mean to you?

My original username on the old forum and when I first came here was casualobserver. I chose it because I wasn't quite sure how much I would participate in the forums as far as chats and thread topics. I had also been reading the forums for about 4 months or so before I decided to join so I considered myself a casual observer of the conversations.

I liked how my username had the unintended double entendre of being a casual lob server too.. as I am a bit of a tennis fan. haha

I changed my username to Peter Pumpkinhead because I was tired of having the same user name for my first year and a bit... (even though I admit to liking continuity and being quite slow to change). Peter Pumpkinhead is the title of a song by my favorite band XTC. They are a British Alternative Band from the late 1980s and better part of the 1990s.

When I e-married Nora :kiss: I though it would be cute/funny if we changed our usernames to Mr. Pumpkinhead and Mrs. Pumpkinhead, so that's how I became Mr. Pumpkinhead. :o

Well I was always BoMa and forever will be. It's the Arabic name for the owl because I'm in love with them. Also my brother told me once that I look like one. :D

The capital M is for someone special. ;)

I cant remember my original name on the old forum... but the first one I had on this forum was Joe O'Connor.

Coming up with it was rather easy because it is my name, I didn't really want a random username because I'm an open dude and not afraid to use my real name on stuff.

Then for some reason I thought it was time to mix it up and I changed it to wheneverythingfalls.

When Everything Falls is a song by the band Haste The Day. I think at the time I was listening to a lot of them and it inspired me to change it...

How did I get the name Monkey Cartwheels? That is a bloody good question!

I'm pretty sure that it was when I decided to give the bookmarks on my web browser really odd names and it came into my head somehow and I changed my name to suit the tab name. Something like that..... I don't really know, I just know it doesn't have some deep philosophical meaning or nuthin'

The end

I thought it was a good idea to have something that announces to everyone what I am ?...at least to some extent, if they are willing to to use those little brain cells ?

So I decided to use my bday date...didn't work as well as I had thought, but still...using anything else now would feel like deception to me. This is a site with so much potential for age-related problems that I feel the few "older guys" should always take care not to get confused with the vast majority here. And since there's not so many other "numbers" around, I feel mine are quite well known now. So yeah, no need to explain to everyone some new name.

Edited by 130671

When I was a kid we(my brother and I) had a game called Wing Commander: Prophecy (great game starring Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker, The Joker) and Tom F Wilson(Biff from Back to the Future). There was this character who had this great taunt during dogfights: "I think we haven't been properly introduced yet, I'm Maestro, you're dead,". So, that's where I got my nickname from.

My current username is Nekyia, which is the title of the 11th chapter of the Odyssey. In ancient Greek it means, according to wikipedia "rite by which ghosts were called up and questioned about the future" something like necromancy. But it's not that exactly, nekyia does not mean that you just summon a spirit, you have to (ancient heroes in literature had to) descend to Hades themselves to ask the dead. So yeah a quite macabre username :P but I love that chapter.

Well my first username was "W.V.B." and I later changed it to "W.V.B". They are my initials. 

My current username "I Am Not Purple" was given to me by our beloved administrator Maestro. He changed my name one night while we had a group chat.

My current username is Nekyia, which is the title of the 11th chapter of the Odyssey. In ancient Greek it means, according to wikipedia "rite by which ghosts were called up and questioned about the future" something like necromancy. But it's not that exactly, nekyia does not mean that you just summon a spirit, you have to (ancient heroes in literature had to) descend to Hades themselves to ask the dead. So yeah a quite macabre username :P but I love that chapter.

Well my first username was "W.V.B." and I later changed it to "W.V.B". They are my initials. 

My current username "I Am Not Purple" was given to me by our beloved administrator Maestro. He changed my name one night while we had a group chat.

Ah, the fun times we had :P 

So let me get this straight your first username was "W.V.B." and then you later changed it to "W.V.B"?? Really? :P

I take it that's your new response for everything :P

So let me get this straight your first username was "W.V.B." and then you later changed it to "W.V.B"?? Really? :P

I take it that's your new response for everything :P

hahahahahah, exactly. :P The dot was irritating me. xD And I still would've used this name if MAESTRO didn't change it.

Yes, you guessed correctly. :D:P

Edited by I am Not Purple
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, basically, since I have always been a sports fan and I have done sports most of my life-I decided to choose my username, which is H2O.

From what I know from experience, us sports people drink a lot of water-especially when they exercise and throughout the day, so yeah; that is how I got my username.  :)

You better watch out with that name, in Florida two DJs were suspended and are facing criminal charges for telling people that dihydrogen monoxide(a.k.a. water) came out of the taps. :P