The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Disney's Great and Powerful Oz

I really enjoyed the movie. I was worried that it would be visually stunning but have a weak plot but fortunately I believe it was a good movie. I thought the acting was strong, the costumes and special effects were good. I think they really did a good job setting up Oz before there was Dorothy.

Went tonight with some of my cousins. I will give my general opinion and than detailed in spoiler tags. It was good not great. Stunning to look at. The acting was not that great. I expected way more out of James Franco. I really did enjoy it though, but I had some issues that I will explain in spoiler tags. Definetly go see it! Just dont expect it to be the best thing ever. No where near as good as the actual Wizard of Oz or Wicked.

I dont understand why they kept Glinda and her story EXACTLY the same but made a completely new story for the wicked witches. That was weird. Keeping the stories the same would have made so much more sense. The knew stories were not creative or interesting. They were just different. But, it was weird to have everyone else the same.

I didn't like that there was nothing leading you to Wizard of Oz. I would have loved the ending to include something small that hints at at. Just as Wicked does. I love those kind of lead ins. There was nothing. Have the witched fly off with red and white striped socks. SOMETHING.

Also, why was Annie and Glinda the same person? That made no sense.

I don't even care whether I have someone to go with or not, I HAVE to see this. It might just be my inner Wizard of Oz/Wicked fangirl, but I am sososososo excited! tbh, I don't even care whether it's as good or not as the two I mentioned, I just have to see it soon :happydance:

Edited by DarkAngel