The Emma-Watson.net Forum

You will probably notice things have changed a bit. The forum software has been updated, lots, and I mean lots, of things will look different. It may take us a while to get used to things.

The upgrade was not a smooth process, but hopefully the upgrade finished correctly. If you find problems let us know.

There are a few things:

1. The forum now uses one image to represent you for avatar and profile. I had to make a choice so I chose avatar. If you want your profile picture, and don't have a copy let me know and I'll get it to you.

2. You may have to choose a theme again. The old themes were supposed to be updated with new information, but that's one of the things that didn't work properly.

3. The default theme **P.Board) logo needs some changes.

Anyway, like I said, if you find other problems let us know.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to say it's phone friendly. A shame it's been made to look like social networks though. That's why I liked coming here, for it's uniqueness. Now it just looks like facebook, but with topics.

Excellent! chat is a lot more phone friendly which is brilliant

Great!

I was about to say it's phone friendly. A shame it's been made to look like social networks though. That's why I liked coming here, for it's uniqueness. Now it just looks like facebook, but with topics.

I'm not sure why you think it looks like facebook. If it does look like facebook, maybe that was intentional, since forums have lost so many members to the evil empire. Maybe try a different theme?

you can no longer see what topic someone is browsing, which makes it much less fun to click around on people's profiles.

If you open someone's profile, you'll see an Online or Offline box. Hovering over it should show what they are doing, although I don't know what's so important about that. You can also hover over their name and a mini profile will popup with the information.

i wish the avatar/profile pic could be gif too :/ over all its pretty cool :), i kinda agree with the above post too

I'll look into the gif thing.

Nice change - with some good and some not-so-good changes! Overall, I like the new forum :)

Yeah, some good, some bad. But necessary if we wanted to keep up with security updates.

If you open someone's profile, you'll see an Online or Offline box. Hovering over it should show what they are doing, although I don't know what's so important about that. You can also hover over their name and a mini profile will popup with the information.

True, just saw that. Otherwise the changes are, at least, visually pleasing.

you can no longer see what topic someone is browsing, which makes it much less fun to click around on people's profiles.

you can do what Dook said, or at the end of the main page there's online users list - if you click on "(see full list)" , you can see what topic someone's browsing! :)

I'll look into the gif thing.

Yeah, some good, some bad. But necessary if we wanted to keep up with security updates.

The only 'not-so-good' thing for me is that the gif avatars are not available anymore - I made a couple of gifs, and changed my avatar to a gif recently! :doh:

but overall the forum 'looks' really nice! :yesyes:

So I have run into a few issues in the mobile site. I am using an iPhone.... Dunno if tht makes a difference. The button on the top right is not working. That button gets you to notifications, new content, profile ect.

The option to view the full instead of mobile is also not working for me.

The only 'not-so-good' thing for me is that the gif avatars are not available anymore - I made a couple of gifs, and changed my avatar to a gif recently! :doh:

but overall the forum 'looks' really nice! :yesyes:

Are they animated gifs, or just any gif? If animated I changed a setting so it should work now if you try again.

So I have run into a few issues in the mobile site. I am using an iPhone.... Dunno if tht makes a difference. The button on the top right is not working. That button gets you to notifications, new content, profile ect.

The option to view the full instead of mobile is also not working for me.

I fixed some errors in iOS mobile support. Does it work now?

Are they animated gifs, or just any gif? If animated I changed a setting so it should work now if you try again.

They're animated gifs - I tried to put the same gif but any image bigger than 50kb isn't allowed.. I linked the gif through an image hosting site in the older forum and it worked, but it didnt work now... and I dont know how to reduce the size of animated gifs :(

Linking to an image host isn't allowed after the upgrade unless you use a gravatar.

I've increased the limit on upload size to 150kb to match our rules. Don't know why it was at 50. Is that big enough? We could consider increasing it.