The Emma-Watson.net Forum

New redband trailer for "This is the End" with Emma Watson bits!

everyone die, even the 6 main characters although im not sure, Emma is the only one who dont die

thats good news i think^^. But why should Emma live? thats unfair. She should die, too. Fall on her nice axe for example. Wouldn´t that fit in the film or don´t die nymphs in films? 

Edited by Badab
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone die, even the 6 main characters although im not sure, Emma is the only one who dont die

I find it a mystery that Emma will be the only one survivor and everyone else will die.  I guess it all has to do with being the top caster in that movie.

I wanted to watch the movie from the previous trailer when Danny McBride goes: 

"James Franco didn't suck any d--k last night? Now I know y'all are trippin'!"   :rofl:

Edited by Occulus

I wanted to watch the movie from the previous trailer when Danny McBride goes: 

"James Franco didn't suck any d--k last night? Now I know y'all are trippin'!"   :rofl:

LOL.  That is one of the funniest quote I have ever read.  Good one.  Sounded to me like a gangster would be saying that.

Interview with This is the End co-writers and co-directors Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen

Emma Watson, aka Hermione from the Harry Potter movies, shows up and steals supplies from James Franco and his friends, in the latest trailer for This is the End. But how did Rogen and his co-director/co-writer Evan Goldberg coax a crazy comedy performance out of Watson? And what sort of humor was going too far for this apocalyptic movie? We asked them, and they told us.

So how hard was it to bring out the weirdo in Emma Watson? And how weird was it working with Rihanna?

Rogen: The answer for both was, not very.

Goldberg: The thing was, once you got to the set, there was like ten of us. And there’s a vibe when you have ten different actors who are all working together, and all the producers all knew the actors. So you kind of like were coming to a summer camp that was already in session, and they just kind of slid right into it.

Rogen: Emma thought it was super funny what we were doing, and she was really funny. And Rihanna was awesome. She was great. She improvised. She did some stuntwork that she didn’t think she was going to be doing. [Laughs] And it was great. It was really easy. There were some days where I looked around, and there’s like 20 movie stars on the set right now, and everyone was kind of coexisting in a great way. It was almost like no-one wanted to be the ***hole, because there were so many people there that you didn’t want to be the one who was the ****ing ***hole.

Goldberg: Hearing you say that, I’m picturing one of them acting up, and it would have been a disaster for them. Everybody would have just zoned in on them.

Emma Watson, though, seems to have less of a comedy background than most of the people in the movie. How did she adjust?

Goldberg: She definitely, for the first half of her first scene, was unsure of how it was going to go. But once she got it, she just dove in hard, and was improv-ing like the rest of the guys, and doing all of that good stuff.

Rogen: And she’s like… one of her jokes in the movie is like, so funny, and it’s a pretty edgy joke. And it’s awesome, how she played it.

Thanks for Charing it with us.

Looks like the cast was focused.

Maybe if she can Emma will make more comedy. I hope less in the direction of the film, i don´t like the kind of humor that much.

I just knew you were going to bring this up again, for old times sake.

Yup, as a historian I had to......

She can handle some roles, but certainly not every situation she gets in. But to stay cool and react accordingly is part of the job. Running away should be no option.

You aren't even making a new point.

You're just saying what you always say whenever anybody makes a hyperbolic statement around here: You remind them of an anecdote that contradicts their praise.

You clearly take offense whenever anybody tries to make Emma appear greater than she actually is, and are just attempting to deflate their happiness.

Maybe he just want to make a conversation out of it, provoke a reaction.

I try this too. So someone can answer and the topic goes on.

Anyway i don´t understand this runaway thing. Missed the anecdote.

To the runner, i would lightly chance this, she can play almost every role she chooses.

I will guess some she will not play because they are to close to her, but that doesen´t count, does it?

So maybe you have the right opinion. Hm

i have to think about it.

Maybe he just want to make a conversation out of it, provoke a reaction. I try this too. So someone can answer and the topic goes on. Anyway i don´t understand this runaway thing. Missed the anecdote. To the runner, i would lightly chance this, she can play almost every role she chooses. I will guess some she will not play because they are to close to her, but that doesen´t count, does it? So maybe you have the right opinion. Hm i have to think about it.

The story goes, that one of her fellow cast members of "End of the world" was dancing in front of her dressed only in a g-string. Instead of keeping cool, our little Emma went nuts and left the set after some discussions. First it was a rumour, then it was talked about it on different blogs by people who were on the set at that time. There were "running gags" about Emma after she left and the crew had a funny time.

Besides the fact, that the behaviour of the said actor was not ok, Emma reacted the wrong way. Instead of ignoring him and his attitude, she run away.

What brings me back to my point, that she is a human beeing, not a godess. Doing so well - and still making mistakes and have little errors.

Hm. Wrong choose yes, and makes the time on set not that good.

Maybe she will not work on such films because of these expierience, would make me happy.

And Jonny right give her something human, but i would had prefer an Russell Crowe maneuver, kicking his ass^^

But i don´t know what i would have done. Depends on my mood, Hit, ignore or run.

Hm. Wrong choose yes, and makes the time on set not that good. Maybe she will not work on such films because of these expierience, would make me happy. And Jonny right give her something human, but i would had prefer an Russell Crowe maneuver, kicking his ass^^ But i don´t know what i would have done. Depends on my mood, Hit, ignore or run.

I think she learned that it is a difference to work with people like Maggie Smith, Kenneth Branagh, Eddie Redmayne, Emma Thompson ecc. ecc. and those "actors", creating this creepy and usless movie. She belongs to the first group, so I agree, I hope she will stay away in the future from such "blockbusters".....

Of course it is. James Franco may be a middle thing between but Seth Rogen and co are definitely another groupe.

I Hope she will act with the first people you said oh i hope.

Like another of Kenneth Branaghs, from me loved, Shakespear adaptions, he could make another one with her.

Of course it is. James Franco may be a middle thing between but Seth Rogen and co are definitely another groupe. I Hope she will act with the first people you said oh i hope. Like another of Kenneth Branaghs, from me loved, Shakespear adaptions, he could make another one with her.

Is Willi S. not counted as "period drama". You know from her latest interview, she does not want to be a "drama queen" (this girl does not know, how perfectly she would fit in a great series like "Downton Abbey").

Indeed she does not know or does not care, but i can still say i would wish she would play in such a peace of art.

What is more english than Shakespeare?

if i think on an English writer i think on Tolkien, Shakespeare and Sir walter scott, and than as Scottish Rowling.

She lives in Edinburgh, that means for me she is Scottish, the same with Sean Connery. Maybe soon they will be separated, i have heard they shall make an ediction about it.

Maybe soon Great Britain will only be England, because every land the brave kings have won in bloody wars will choose separatism.

i hope the English nobility will not be send back to Normandy or even worser back to Scandinavia by there people. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I do believe I will be "persuaded" to go and see it by my same friends who "persuaded" me to watch Hot Tub Time Machine...LOL...it really does look very funny though-raunchy yes, but funny at the same time. :)