The Emma-Watson.net Forum

New redband trailer for "This is the End" with Emma Watson bits!

Emma running off set endears her and makes her more human. If she'd just shrugged it off as "the consumate pro" we'd all fear that she'd become part of the Hollywood machine.

Not to excuse their behavior but Emma did walk into a frat party. That's no fault of her's. But on such a movie, it's to be expected. I'm sure the atomosphere on set was very much a frat part with all those dudes knowing each other and having acted together. I mean, the main cast is bad enough but then you've got guys like Aziz Ansari, Mindy Kahling might as well be an honorary dude, et. al.

But to say that Emma needs to stick with, basically, high brow actors is stupid. It would be too restricting for her, or any actor. There's a reason dramatic actors often try their hand at comedy. They want to be challenged. That's why Leslie Neilson enjoyed doing the Airplane movies and the Naked Gun movies. That's why Deniro does things like Meet the Parents. And why John Cusack did Hot Tub Time Machine. I've long heard actors say that comedy is the most difficult. It takes timing and comedic sensibilities. And on a movie set you don't have the feedback of an audience telling you that what you're doing is funny.

Doing a nude scene or Shakespeare or Oscar bait doesn't mean you're a good actor. Good acting means you're a good actor. Seriosly, it's just pretending to be another person.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dude...FREAKIN AWESOME POST!!!!! :)

I loved Leslie Nielsen and DeNiro was hysterical in Meet the Parents as well as Analyze This...John Cusack is a phenomenal actor but I have to say I enjoy his comedy-even as crass as Hot Tub Time Machine Lol...

I agree with you that comedy would be the hardest genre-timing and delivery has to be spot on...like in This is End scene "Hermione just stole all our sh#@"-I was dying at how deadpan the guy is saying that.

Emma would be awesome at any genre because she is so talented...her comedic moments as Hermione were always funny :)

The genres I would really love to see Emma take on in the future are comedy, rom-com (VERY WELL WRITTEN ONE), action.

Anyway, again good post The Dude!

.like in This is End scene "Hermione just stole all our sh#@"-I was dying at how deadpan the guy is saying that.

Yeah, Danny McBride is capable of saying the most ludicrous things with a straight face. At one time I posted a video somehwere on this forum of him in his Kenny Powers role doing an ad for K-Swiss. Same sort of thing.

I think she learned that it is a difference to work with people like Maggie Smith, Kenneth Branagh, Eddie Redmayne, Emma Thompson ecc. ecc. and those "actors", creating this creepy and usless movie. She belongs to the first group, so I agree, I hope she will stay away in the future from such "blockbusters".....

Yes because all rumors and gossip are true. Believe everything you read and hear folks!  :tongue0020:

New still: 

Edited by Occulus
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...