The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Which role would you choose?

I wanted to ask you, which role you would choose for her if you could?

Dosen´t matter if it is a film who is made oder will be made or if it is an character from a book you have read or a comic or whatever.

I'd like to see her in a role that combines her intelligence and her wish to do something more action oriented. In other words, a spy. :P

Oh, and... if I got my wish, she would do Your Voice In My Head.

Edited by Sacred_Path

Any role would be ok, if she is not playing

a) the brightest witch of her age

g) a young lady, wants to become a actress

c) a Highschool-girl with love-problems

d) a ancient girlfriend of a boy with a father, having acess to "higher" authorities

e) a girl, addicted to fashion, burglary and the jet set

f) herself in a creepy movie about the last day

Short: a adult female role with content and personality in a drama or a comedy. Not a (school)girl.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

You shouldn't judge her characters when you haven't actually seen the movies yet. 

In Noah, she won't be a schoolgirl, and she plays a significant part in the story. Just because you look down on the movie, doesn't make the role any less mature.

You shouldn't judge her characters when you haven't actually seen the movies yet. 

In Noah, she won't be a schoolgirl, and she plays a significant part in the story. Just because you look down on the movie, doesn't make the role any less mature.

According to the informations about the movie she is playing "the 16 year old girl Ila, love interest of one of the sons of Noah.". Ok, at that time a 16-year old was maybe a "old female", but I can change my mind when I saw the movie. Until then I have to rely on the informations I got.

significant part? --> you wish

You're making it sound like she's just there to be the girlfriend.

She has a major role in the movie, and is not just there for romance.

I only know what she said herself about the part and it is a fact, that "Ila" and her story is not mentioned in the bible at all. And what "significant" part of the story should the caracter of "Ila" have? Well, Aronofsky wrote a complete different "Noah-Story" (you can read funny comments about that on some religious inspired pages in the net), so maybe giving birth to twins (as it was told somewhere here) is a "significant" part of the new Noah-Story. Well, maybe the character of Ila is dies when giving birth... but I do not know how realistic Aronofsky wrote his bible-fairytale.The question here was, what role she should play. And my opinion is, that she needs a real adult part as a leading lady in a comedy or drama. Unfortunatly she is running after some directors (her "wish-list") and these directors giving her only "girli"-roles. And if you read the interview in GQ, even the interviewer admits, that she looked like a "girl" (.. she looks not much older then my eldest daughter...). From this point of view the decisions of the directors are understandable. She needs a real challenge, and I really hope she will get one soon.

I've seen the script. 

She gives birth and it happens in the third act.

It's not glossed over. It's serious.

I don't care how old her character is. If she gives birth in a movie, you can't call that girly.

I've seen the script. 

She gives birth and it happens in the third act.

It's not glossed over. It's serious.

I don't care how old her character is. If she gives birth in a movie, you can't call that girly.

As I said - at the time of "Noah" a female of 16 years was "adult". If you see it that way I agree with you. But it is still a role of a "16 year old girl" (16 year old having children today too, and they are counted as "minors").

For me the really "big thing" for her has not arrived yet.

Oh - and I really, really hope that she is not doing one of these horrible birth-scenes, you always see in movies.

In the GQ interview, she says she wants to become a character actress.

That kind of actor doesn't really do a bunch of big budget leading lady type movies, and I don't think that's necessarily where she wants to take her career.

I've doubts about the "maturity" of the entire Noah film though. The graphic novel certainly doesn't instill confidence in me. And since she'll play just another young woman (surprise!), I'll venture a guess that we won't see deep displays of maturity in that role. It would sort of pit her against the alpha male clan leader Crowe :P

And Aronofsky... I think the only movie of his I've seen is Black Swan, but that one was horribad.

Edited by Sacred_Path

which role you would choose for her if you could? mm none. I never wanted her to continue after potter 

ps. her role is importan cause god tells to noah kill the baby if she is a girl and lol she has two girls

i didnt know that with 20 21 or 22 years old, someone isnt allow to do young roles. interesting

i didnt know that with 20 21 or 22 years old, someone isnt allow to do young roles. interesting

She always says that she do not want to be stuck in a drawer. Means, she want's to play different roles. In the end - up to now - she was always playing young girls. Remember, a woman with 23 can have a husband, childs, a life to tell about. This is what I mean, when I say I miss "adult roles". Of course she can stay in the "girli"-mood for some years more..... But if that really helps her career????

Well, when i am away it stated an i´m not there. Damned^^

I have in some part agree with Jonny Carinthia (may i call you Jonny, your surename makes me think i wrote something wrong).

She haven´t played an "Adult Role" yet. Blind Ring, Noah and Perks aren´t adult roles. They may be good roles, roles who she likes and are fun for her. Challenging they may be to, she said so herself, but she is never confronted with some "adult" stuff.

In some parts i understand, or better think to understand, why she chooses them. She wants to be different than hermione and different from her. She wants a challenge. I like that.

Maybe she enjoys playing an Teenager as long as she can. At some point it stops.

But if i could make a wish, i would want to se her in a Tragedy. It don´t have to be one of the old ones like "macbeth" but a role where she plays an Adult and got some problems with live who strikes her down. Maybe her husband mistreads her and her child or she looses her child and can´t go with it or i don´t know. Some massiv soulmatering problem. Do you know what i mean?

I have in some part agree with Jonny Carinthia (may i call you Jonny, your surename makes me think i wrote something wrong).

But if i could make a wish, i would want to se her in a Tragedy. It don´t have to be one of the old ones like "macbeth" but a role where she plays an Adult and got some problems with live who strikes her down. Maybe her husband mistreads her and her child or she looses her child and can´t go with it or i don´t know. Some massiv soulmatering problem. Do you know what i mean?

Carinthia is the english translation for my home-country "Kärnten", the southern province of Austria.

I know, we want to see her in a comedy or a tragedy, but I do not think, that the producers and directors seeing her in such a movie.  It's much more easier to make money with a "girlish" Emma Watson (even the crappy "End of the World" will be a sucess due to her participation). I would love to see her in a perfect british comedy like "4 weddings", "Love actually" or "Notting Hill". Surrounded by a perfect british cast she would go to the best. I think, she can be funny. I even have a idea for a plot. Usless, I know. But I have.

But that you could make out of her. She is perfect for a new version of "Notthing Hill". i love the film.

Or your Script would be great, too.

I think she should break free and make such a movie. Like Miss Monroe only better, because Monroe had not such a good end. But she only gets offers and can decide from these. such a crap. Sometimes these buisness makes me angry. Damned Romans with there damned Philosophy and damn these Templers with there banks and at least damn these first shipowners and there shares.

She is perfect for a new version of "Notthing Hill". i love the film.

I suggested this here a year ago and was nearly killed....... :puh:

Maybe something in context with modelling. Like a contestant of "Britains next top model", bullied out of the contest and make her own way. Meets a crazy designer (a spitting image of Lagerfeld) and in the end she is the "supermodel". Oh, and she get married with the little tailor who changes her dresses overnight.

You really was? Its a nice Movie. And if they want to put me on a cross for it, so be it.

Would be a nice idea, too.

I would like to see her as Morgaine in a new version of Excalibur. I like these old films, and she once said she would want to play a bad person once.

And it would be a very English role. Oh i can see her right now and merlin says to her "very good. Better than i ever could have done. But i have to warn you, it will do no good to you Beauty." an then he laughes. And of course she dies then but, thats the end.

there's a difference between a character that just happens to be young and one that's meant to portray youth in contrast to other (more mature) roles.

I don't see what's wrong with her portraying youth while she still can.

She has her whole career to play mature roles.

Since she still looks young, what's wrong with using that to her advantage?

Since she still looks young, what's wrong with using that to her advantage?

From Emma's perspective, nothing. Like you said, this way she can maximize the diversity of characters she gets to play (if she sticks with acting until she's older).

From a fan perspective, I'd like to see her move on to more demanding roles to see if she can shine in those and because I don't want to see a dozen versions of the same girly over and over.

Her roles are becoming more demanding, it's just a slow process.

I'd rather have her take small steps towards more complex roles, instead of jumping ahead into characters she's not ready for.