The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Obama say´s sorry for calling a woman "good Looking"

I currently read on an german side that Obama has sad sorry, because he introduced chief public prosecutorat a provincial high court  of California ( in german much easier Generalstaatsanwältin) Katrina Harris and said that she is a great and tough jurist, then he adds and that she is also the best looking.

For that he became bad posts on twitter and so and they said it would be a sexist.

And know i want to know, why in goods god name can´t you say that a woman is beauty? Man that say nothing about her Qualitiys. Katrina Harris does certainly a brilliant job.

If i know say Obama is sexy, does it make me a Sexist? Does it question his qualification to be president or the way he is president? 

Or better if i say Angela Merkel is not good looking, does this mean i am a sexist and that she would make her job better than she does?

Such a .....

Edit: An English article for the same theme: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-obama-sorry-for-kamala-harris-good-looking-comment-20130405,0,4152251.story

i think so.

Why do you think, this topic is wrong here. This site is about a young woman who is very successful and talented and good looking. There is a link between her and miss harris. So I think it fits.

What's wrong with that? There's nothing wrong in tellin a woman that she's good looking. IMO it's not sexist at all, I don't think it's a sexist comment. It's not like he's asking her to have sex with him lol, so yeah not a sexist comment lol

It's this crazy political correctness...

When I started working at the bank in 1983, it was no problem to say to a female: "Oh, whow. A new dress. You look good!"

In 2004 we got a "Sheet for correct behaviour", which told us, that a male should ask before making a compliment to a female empoyee.

Like: "May I make you a compliment?"

Poor Obama. He had certainly nothing bad in mind. Hope he will not go to jail for telling a woman that she looks good.

(btw: is it political correct to say that Emma looks good?)

My god, you have a sheet who say such things.

Damned world. Why can´t you just say something like that. Can a woman say a man is good looking or is this also wrong?

To you both, i think if i say Emma is a beauty i´m a sexist, because for some people out there in the web, its like i say she can´t act, nor handle money or do something good at all. But in truth, i only mean that she is gorgeous.

my Mom says that everyone is beautiful in their own ways and looks, but not everyone is equally beautiful.

i have a question...so our society puts limits and requirements for the defintion(s) of beauty, which changes a lot year to year. every year, People mag puts out their 50 Most Beautiful People list, and pretty much it is different every year. so if you're picked out of hundreds of thousands of people, and make this list one year, then the next year you are not on it, or even years after, yet you look basically the same, no face-shattering accidents, diseases, etc, are you no longer beautiful?!

I would guise you are, but this list includes also popularity, and i think some blaze the persons had get and of course, they want to change is, there is a will behind. it should be a honor to be chosen twice.

What your Mother said is wise. I like it. 

But if anyone noticed, there just male users who say something here. It could be the female population has another meaning to that.

By the way, it is a shame that Hugh Jackmann is not twice chosen as sexiest man alive. He is so handsome! Rubbish sounds like i´m a girl. 

• 3 weeks later...

This just makes me laugh. That's it. We had this same sort of thing here in the Netherlands a couple of years ago. The prime minister was being interviewed by a journalist who was asking the same question he would not answer over and over again. Then when she asked for the fifth time he said: 'Ah well, you look so sweet'. Oh no, apocalypse. He had to apologise too.