The Emma-Watson.net Forum

okay so today i went to the doctors and i got diagnosed with Pneumonia

has anyone ever had it before?

she gave me antibiotics but i was wondering if anyone has an ideas for some natural ways to help it get better?

I am sorry about that...antibiotics are the only way to go...also try not over-exert yourself too much...want rest but also try to walk around a little, not alot. Those are your lungs you want to watch so be careful.

Feel better soon!

trust me i'm going to take the meds but i was just wondering what would be good for extra help!

I am sorry about that...antibiotics are the only way to go...also try not over-exert yourself too much...want rest but also try to walk around a little, not alot. Those are your lungs you want to watch so be careful.
Feel better soon!

thanks! i'll try not too. it's work i'm worried about :/ i have to stand usually for 5 hours straight

wishing you well, Ashley, eat healthy, drink tons of water, take the antibiotics the way they schedule them, keep an exercise regimen when you're up to it, make sure you have some kind of humidifier device in the house or put bowls of water somewhere, and if you smoke, stop. not preaching if you do, just that smoking makes every serious physical condition that much worse.

I'm sorry to hear about your illness. D:

It depends on which infection you have the viral one or the bacteria based one. I'm guessing as you have anti-biotics it's the viral one. I wouldn't worry too much you don't have it forever. However, do you know what the infection is? It's inflamed lungs. Is there anything you've done in the past that may have caused it to happen? If so I'd stop. If you have an X-Ray you're then eligible to get a vaccine, so I strongly urge you ask your GP about this.

Other than that, it's your average illness (450million per year) and I wouldn't get too worked up. You asked if anything will help other than the anti-biotics you need to take? Just look after your organs and immune system to make the process quicker. Also look into the X-Ray to be eligible for the vaccine. I urge you to not worry too much, just keep healthy. <3

Edited by magicbeans

I'm sorry to hear that you were diagnosed with pneumonia.  Continue to be strong in the Lord and His mighty power.   :)

thank you

wishing you well, Ashley, eat healthy, drink tons of water, take the antibiotics the way they schedule them, keep an exercise regimen when you're up to it, make sure you have some kind of humidifier device in the house or put bowls of water somewhere, and if you smoke, stop. not preaching if you do, just that smoking makes every serious physical condition that much worse.

i'm drinking tons of water and green tea (i hear it helps) but i don't think i should work out..i can barely walk long distances without feeling like i'm going to pass out.

I'm sorry to hear about your illness. D:

It depends on which infection you have the viral one or the bacteria based one. I'm guessing as you have anti-biotics it's the viral one. I wouldn't worry too much you don't have it forever. However, do you know what the infection is? It's inflamed lungs. Is there anything you've done in the past that may have caused it to happen? If so I'd stop. If you have an X-Ray you're then eligible to get a vaccine, so I strongly urge you ask your GP about this.

Other than that, it's your average illness (450million per year) and I wouldn't get too worked up. You asked if anything will help other than the anti-biotics you need to take? Just look after your organs and immune system to make the process quicker. Also look into the X-Ray to be eligible for the vaccine. I urge you to not worry too much, just keep healthy. <3

yeah i think i have a viral one because i remember that word being used while i was there ha. the only things that i think could have caused it was from binging/purging. i heard you can get liquids or something like that in your lungs while doing it or i got it from the mixture of allergies (i'm very allergic to pollen-i thought that was my issue at first because i've always had trouble breathing at this time of the year) and smoking.

ill ask about the vaccine. my bffs mom suggested it and is a nurse.

thanks for your help!

• 4 weeks later...