The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I hope this is the right sub forum, if not you can put it in another, but i thougt because it inflicts Travel it would be fitting here.

Because i don´t know how many here, know what a Freak wave is i will explain it first.

A Freak Wave is an wave of unnormal form and size. She can get more than 25 meters high, some was counted as 30 meters. They have not the form of normals waves, they are a Wall of water with an deep valley before them. There power is  extraordinary.

In the 20th century, at least the beginning, no one believed in them but in the second half the scientist found out they are existing, just like the many sailors said. Also they found out that they are other than the normal linear waves,  not linear, they can come from nowhere and you just realize them when they are big. Normally they come over deep waters, so Pacific and Atlantic most and the cape of good Hope.

So they are very dangerous, and no boat or ship who know travels on the ocean is safe from them. Nor do they have a protection against them. I don´t know one at least. Some ships could resist a wave like this, with look. I have heard from one that was struck by a wave, lost all its electronic technic and all his motors, but could repair one motor in time to safe the ship from sinking. But thats Luck.

So i want to aks you. Do you travel often on the sea? Have you maybe seen such a wave? And do you fear the water know?

Maybe. But i know this phenomena before that, it just reminded me. I can give you a thread about the Megalodon, too if you like. Ah i love this monster shark, i hope he has survived somewhere.

But you are captain, do you want to ship over the Atlantic like Columbus did?

Maybe. But i know this phenomena before that, it just reminded me. I can give you a thread about the Megalodon, too if you like. Ah i love this monster shark, i hope he has survived somewhere.

But you are captain, do you want to ship over the Atlantic like Columbus did?

Heavens, no. I have to admit, I get sea-sick on the ocean. When I travelled on a ferry between Scotland and the Orkneys, we were hit by the remains of a tornado. I say "remains", but I needed two days to recover myself. So I stay on my lake. No tornados, no freakwaves, only crazy punters.

lol.

The theory say that self on your lake there are not linear waves. Of course they will not get 30 meter high, but higher than the normal waves. But your ship should stand against them.

• 3 weeks later...

I was swimming at the beach with my stepfather and sister once when we were caught by waves. They weren't really freak waves, but they were very high and made me lose control of the water and my swimming. A couple of surfers saw we were in trouble and brought us to the beach. Luckily, I didn't get a fear of water from this experience, though it was pretty frightening at that moment.