102 replies to this topic

#41 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

I dont think you can generalize all minidresses as that. I am speaking as a female who has been obsessed with fashion for my entire life.

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#42 Badab

Badab

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

I think she shows her personality best if she dresses in a normal outfit.

"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought bravely. And Rhaegar died" - Jorah Mormont about Rhaegar Targaryen from A Storm of Swords.

coldplanet64bannercolor.png

Combi made by the talented cutiesmartgurl!

Odi et amo. Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris.
Nescio. Sed fieri sentio et excucior.
>> I hate and i love. Why i do this, you maybe want to know.
Don´t know. But i feel, that i get true it, an i feel great torment.<<

carmen 85 by Catull

#43 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

^That's true. I was speaking in terms of what she wears to formal events though. We all show our personality more in what we are every day as apposed to some sort of fancy event.

thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#44 Badab

Badab

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

hm there you maybe right. But evening dresses are so elegant and i like to see her in them. So self if a mini is more here, i prefer the evening.

"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought bravely. And Rhaegar died" - Jorah Mormont about Rhaegar Targaryen from A Storm of Swords.

carmen 85 by Catull

#45 Emma_Rules

Emma_Rules

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Virginia

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

i'll always have a thing for that black-lace mini-dress she wore, and wore it well. wow. :blush:

good_music_zps1def08f8.gif

#46 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

She wore perfect minidresses in the past (like the black one) and not so perfect ones.

The one in red looks like it was knitted by my grandmother.

What I will say: Emma has shown in the past a very good hand for dresses. She has picture-perfect legs, so why not show them (more we will never get...  ^_^ ), but with the right outfit. Is it possible that she had better advisors during her time in the HP-franchise? Sometimes I think so.

Yes! :wub: :wub: :wub:

936314_563546073683422_1651488177_n.jpg

Yes! :wub: :wub:

400699_560704753967554_327427350_n.jpg

Yes! :wub: :wub: :wub:

72769_541729515865078_88514514_n.jpg

And I do not mention all the perfect outfits, she wore during shootings......

"Benutze es!" = "Use it!"

„Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” John Updike

#47 Badab

Badab

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

hm maybe she had better advisers, then she should have learned more from them, or she is know wearing what she likes or a last suggestion the fashion simply grows crazier^

carmen 85 by Catull

#48 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:40 AM

164241_565447663493263_1684542918_n.jpg

Well, at least a confirmation that she will wear something at Cannes.....

„Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” John Updike

#49 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

Sorry for the double-post, but I found a picture with a makeup-suggestion for her....

Link deleted - Private pictures are not allowed

#50 Badab

Badab

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

At least it is confirmed now, that she will come. 

carmen 85 by Catull

#51 CRAPMUFFIN

CRAPMUFFIN

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

Emma-Watson-deja-vu-Style.jpg

Emma+Watson+Dresses+Skirts+Print+Dress+g0910emma-watson-erdem-toronto-film-fest_

Anyone seeing a pattern? A pattern... hehe, ok sorry not funny. Anyhow, I don't mind these dresses at all, it's just that Emma's been wearing a lot of them lately.

I would love to see her wear something from Elie Saab:

elie-saab-fall-2013-navy-blue-dress.jpg?

elie-saab-2012-2013-haute-couture-collec

Sk%C3%A4rmavbild-2013-03-13-kl.-23.08.55

Aww she would look like a princess.

Or this? Keeping the patterns and colours but adding some length and elegance.

Elie+Saab+Spring+2013+fwoAwQFi2vwl.jpg

Edited by CRAPMUFFIN, 06 May 2013 - 01:42 PM.

Posted Image

#52 Badab

Badab

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

Many minidresses indeed. But i think there is some time between the pics.

Yeah the Elie Saab dresses aren´t looking bad. Maybe she will wear one, i think it could be her style.

carmen 85 by Catull

#53 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Those are all nice choices. But, I think we may see something a little less elegant. The theme this year is punk inspired. I think there is going to be a lot of weirdness. I am not quiet sure how a dress can be elegant and punk. Can't wait to see what everyone wears!

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#54 CRAPMUFFIN

CRAPMUFFIN

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

There is time between these occasions indeed, but not that much time, and it's still quite obvious she had a thing for short, kind of futuristic, colorful dresses with special cuts and shapes.

Punk theme, that will be interesting. Then Elie Saab might not be very suitable hehe, but maybe in the future. Would be lovely to see Emma in a flowing Elie Saab dress for summer maybe.

Posted Image

#55 Badab

Badab

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Pink and futuristic.
I hope she will not come in some sort of pink plastic bag. I hate these.

carmen 85 by Catull

#56 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

^punk not pink

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#57 Badab

Badab

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

ah sorry. Punk is ok. They seldom wear these plastic stuff, don´t they?

carmen 85 by Catull

#58 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

Yeah I wouldn't expect to see much plastic. I have been looking up some of the rumors but haven't found too many good examples yet of what people may be wearing. All I know is the theme is Punk: Chaos to Couture.

This is taking from the event's site:

The bold part lists designers that will be featured in the exhibition. We will most likely see many many people wearing their clothes. Perhaps Emma will be.

Exhibition Overview
The exhibition, in the Museum’s second-floor Cantor galleries, will feature approximately 100 designs for men and women. Original punk garments from the mid-1970s will be juxtaposed with recent, directional fashion to illustrate how haute couture and ready-to-wear have borrowed punk’s visual symbols, with paillettes being replaced with safety pins, feathers with razor blades, and bugle beads with studs. Focusing on the relationship between the punk concept of 'do-it-yourself' and the couture concept of 'made-to-measure,' the exhibition will be organized around the materials, techniques, and embellishments associated with the anti-establishment style. Presented as an immersive multimedia, multisensory experience, the clothes will be animated with period music videos and soundscaping audio techniques.

Organized thematically, each of the seven galleries will have designated punk ‘heroes’ who embody the broader concepts behind the fashions on view. The first gallery will be devoted to CBGB in New York City, represented by Blondie, Richard Hell, The Ramones, and Patti Smith. Next will be a gallery inspired by Malcolm McClaren and Vivienne Westwood and their Seditionaries boutique at 430 King’s Road in London. The Clothes for Heroes gallery, embodied by Jordan, will examine designers who extend the visual language of punk, as it was originally articulated by McLaren and Westwood, by merging social realism with artistic expression.

Do-it-yourself, punk’s enduring contribution to high fashion, will be explored in the four final galleries: D.I.Y. Hardware, focusing on couture’s use of studs, spikes, chains, zippers, padlocks, safety pins, and razor blades, with Sid Vicious as its icon; D.I.Y. Bricolage, highlighting the impact of punk’s ethos of customization on high fashion, including the use of recycled materials from trash and consumer culture, as epitomized by Wayne County; D.I.Y. Graffiti and Agitprop, exploring punk’s tradition of provocation and confrontation through images and text exemplified by The Clash; and D.I.Y. Destroy, examining the effect of punk’s rip-it-to-shreds spirit, typified by Johnny Rotten, via torn and shredded garments associated with deconstructionism.

Designers in the exhibition will include Miguel Adrover, Thom Browne, Christopher Bailey (Burberry), Hussein Chalayan, Francisco Costa (Calvin Klein), Christophe Decarnin (Balmain), Ann Demeulemeester, Dior, Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana (Dolce and Gabbana), John Galliano, Nicolas Ghesquière (Balenciaga), Katharine Hamnett, Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren (Viktor & Rolf), Christopher Kane, Rei Kawakubo (Comme des Garçons), Karl Lagerfeld (Chanel), Helmut Lang, Martin Margiela, Malcolm McLaren, Alexander McQueen, Franco Moschino and Rossella Jardini (Moschino), Kate and Laura Mulleavy (Rodarte), Miuccia Prada, Gareth Pugh, Zandra Rhodes, Hedi Slimane (Saint Laurent), Stephen Sprouse, Jun Takahashi (Undercover), Joseph Thimister, Riccardo Tisci (Givenchy), Gianni Versace, Junya Watanabe, Yohji Yamamoto, and Vivienne Westwood.

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#59 Badab

Badab

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Yeah sounds ehh punky^^

I hope Emma will wear some Feathers. Would like to see her in such.

carmen 85 by Catull

#60 Emma_Rules

Emma_Rules

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Virginia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

so this Met Ball event is today, right? May 6th?

good_music_zps1def08f8.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users