The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma is scheduled to attend the 2013 Costume Institute Exhibition at The Met

Anyone seeing a pattern? A pattern... hehe, ok sorry not funny. Anyhow, I don't mind these dresses at all, it's just that Emma's been wearing a lot of them lately.

I would love to see her wear something from Elie Saab:

Aww she would look like a princess.

Or this? Keeping the patterns and colours but adding some length and elegance.

Edited by CRAPMUFFIN
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many minidresses indeed. But i think there is some time between the pics.

Yeah the Elie Saab dresses aren´t looking bad. Maybe she will wear one, i think it could be her style.

Those are all nice choices. But, I think we may see something a little less elegant. The theme this year is punk inspired. I think there is going to be a lot of weirdness. I am not quiet sure how a dress can be elegant and punk. Can't wait to see what everyone wears!

There is time between these occasions indeed, but not that much time, and it's still quite obvious she had a thing for short, kind of futuristic, colorful dresses with special cuts and shapes.

Punk theme, that will be interesting. Then Elie Saab might not be very suitable hehe, but maybe in the future. Would be lovely to see Emma in a flowing Elie Saab dress for summer maybe.

Yeah I wouldn't expect to see much plastic. I have been looking up some of the rumors but haven't found too many good examples yet of what people may be wearing. All I know is the theme is Punk: Chaos to Couture.

This is taking from the event's site:

The bold part lists designers that will be featured in the exhibition. We will most likely see many many people wearing their clothes. Perhaps Emma will be.

Exhibition Overview
The exhibition, in the Museum’s second-floor Cantor galleries, will feature approximately 100 designs for men and women. Original punk garments from the mid-1970s will be juxtaposed with recent, directional fashion to illustrate how haute couture and ready-to-wear have borrowed punk’s visual symbols, with paillettes being replaced with safety pins, feathers with razor blades, and bugle beads with studs. Focusing on the relationship between the punk concept of 'do-it-yourself' and the couture concept of 'made-to-measure,' the exhibition will be organized around the materials, techniques, and embellishments associated with the anti-establishment style. Presented as an immersive multimedia, multisensory experience, the clothes will be animated with period music videos and soundscaping audio techniques.

Organized thematically, each of the seven galleries will have designated punk ‘heroes’ who embody the broader concepts behind the fashions on view. The first gallery will be devoted to CBGB in New York City, represented by Blondie, Richard Hell, The Ramones, and Patti Smith. Next will be a gallery inspired by Malcolm McClaren and Vivienne Westwood and their Seditionaries boutique at 430 King’s Road in London. The Clothes for Heroes gallery, embodied by Jordan, will examine designers who extend the visual language of punk, as it was originally articulated by McLaren and Westwood, by merging social realism with artistic expression.

Do-it-yourself, punk’s enduring contribution to high fashion, will be explored in the four final galleries: D.I.Y. Hardware, focusing on couture’s use of studs, spikes, chains, zippers, padlocks, safety pins, and razor blades, with Sid Vicious as its icon; D.I.Y. Bricolage, highlighting the impact of punk’s ethos of customization on high fashion, including the use of recycled materials from trash and consumer culture, as epitomized by Wayne County; D.I.Y. Graffiti and Agitprop, exploring punk’s tradition of provocation and confrontation through images and text exemplified by The Clash; and D.I.Y. Destroy, examining the effect of punk’s rip-it-to-shreds spirit, typified by Johnny Rotten, via torn and shredded garments associated with deconstructionism.

Designers in the exhibition will include Miguel Adrover, Thom Browne, Christopher Bailey (Burberry), Hussein Chalayan, Francisco Costa (Calvin Klein), Christophe Decarnin (Balmain), Ann Demeulemeester, Dior, Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana (Dolce and Gabbana), John Galliano, Nicolas Ghesquière (Balenciaga), Katharine Hamnett, Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren (Viktor & Rolf), Christopher Kane, Rei Kawakubo (Comme des Garçons), Karl Lagerfeld (Chanel), Helmut Lang, Martin Margiela, Malcolm McLaren, Alexander McQueen, Franco Moschino and Rossella Jardini (Moschino), Kate and Laura Mulleavy (Rodarte), Miuccia Prada, Gareth Pugh, Zandra Rhodes, Hedi Slimane (Saint Laurent), Stephen Sprouse, Jun Takahashi (Undercover), Joseph Thimister, Riccardo Tisci (Givenchy), Gianni Versace, Junya Watanabe, Yohji Yamamoto, and Vivienne Westwood.

Yes, its tonight. I believe you can watch the red carpet arivals starting at 7PM. I think a few sites are live streaming the arivals.

I can post some links if anyone is interested.

Yes, its tonight. I believe you can watch the red carpet arivals starting at 7PM. I think a few sites are live streaming the arivals.

I can post some links if anyone is interested.

yes, please do, as i do not have tv/cable. i watch everything on the net.

Here are the ones I have seen but I have no clue if they will work outside the US.

Pretty sure all those sites are using the same stream coming from the Met's site.

http://www.metmuseum.org/metgala

Vogue.com (not sure exactly where on the site it will be)

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxys4/punk.html

http://www.styleite.com/livestream-2/met-gala-red-carpet-2013-livestream/

http://modaoperandi.com/

LOL...I was thinking the same thing ;) paper only...normally she tweets stuff like that but maybe was too busy readying or is not attending (would be cool of course but we will see :))

Btw, your siggy-FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!! David Grohl NAILS my feelings about shows like The Voice and AI.

Yes but I enjoy see parts of the met gala regardless and I wasn't sure if anyone else were interested. That's why I posted. I'm not just tryin to stalk Emma. The Met Gala is one of my favorite events of the year.

^Gorgeous!!!

and to all those who laughed at us who were hopeful that she would be there :tongue0020:

Emma's dress is designed by  Prabal Gurung for this event. Emma is also only wearng one long earing to stick with the theme.

I know it's supposed to be half punk half elegant, but the upper half doesn't really match the lower half.

Like, the top half of her body is punk, and the lower half is elegant.

Maybe if she wore a diamond necklace or something, it would've helped to balance it out a little.

Well, Emma definitely looks better in this dress. I dunno, the model looks kinda spooky it it.

Yes, Roberto, I agree, a short necklace would give it some balance. The black diagonal band is what's throwing it off.

This is what I call a dress for her......

^_^:wub:

A very good overview over the worn dresses here (just look at the pictures, no need to read the text):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2320469/Met-Ball-2013-Miley-Cyrus-Rooney-Mara-Nicole-Richie-Sienna-Miller-unleash-inner-punk-princesses.html

Edited by Jonny Carinthia