The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What talk show hosts that Emma likes and doesn't like?

I see emma is kind of picky choosing which late night talk shows she wants to be on. I see that she's been on David Letterman,Jimmy Fallon,Ellen,Jonathan Ross show,etc But it's been a long while since she's been interviewed by Jay Leno, Conan O'brien, and she's never been on Jimmy Kimmel before. What is it? Does emma not like those talk show hosts? Oh by the way IMO I think Jay Leno is a much better late night talk show host than Jimmy Fallon. Fallon is just average he's not funny in my opinion and he's very random. I think Fallon will ruin the new tonight show when he replaces Jay Leno. Very bad move for NBC. Jay Leno will always be one of the best talk show hosts ever!

Edited by WatsonLover479

Jay Leno not only looks but also comes across like a hotdog vendor in a suit. You'd only want to hold a forced conversation with him so he doesn't spit on your bun.

The one time I know of Emma was on Leno, when she was ~12, wasn't funny at all. And nowadays the difference between them would be palpable; that's not comical, only cringeworthy.

Emma on Conan O'Brien I'd gladly watch again, they got on so well. I think Emma feels right at home in the company of bumbling, humorous men ;)

Fallon is horrible. I remember his interview with keira knightley where he basically forced her to apologise for liking football. I also remember that interview that leno did with little emma. Very sweet. The best i think is when she is on wossy's show. Especially when he is being a bit naughty with his questions.

the thing i hate about Letterman is that he is rude to his guest and ignores their wishes. He also has a habit of talking over them and interupting them. but i do think he's kind of funny.

Fallon has his moments but i think he's just akward to watch.

i would love to see Emma on Kimmel

I think all American talk-show hosts live from the spontaneous wit and repartee of their guests. The more witty you are as guest, the more fun and "conversation" will happen. Otherwise - for the devoted observer and EDL-member - many conversations of Emma with talk-show hosts seemed to be artificial und rude. I do not know, if Emma is "witty" in the sence of "talking back funny spontanteniously". To be honest, I recogniced it only ones, when Letterman asked her about a wardrobe-malefunction and she answered after some seconds of shock "At least I am wearing underwear!". This was definitly not rehearsed or "learned", because she said then "I have still so much to learn" and Letterman: "You made an exzellent point!".
Many of Emma's visits to talk shows seemed to be rehearsed or staged. I cannot imagine, for example, that she would dance without rehearsal spontanteniously in a talk show, like she did with Fallon. And so also her answers often seemed to be "prepeared".

Leno was fun, because it was one of her first visits to a US-talkshow. Letterman sometimes is unsure if he should treat her as woman or the "Potter-girl", she was. I love him, because he is sometimes so sarcastic as I intent to be.......

Letterman asked her about a wardrobe-malefunction and she answered after some seconds of shock "At least I am wearing underwear!".

some of our famous female celebrities here in America, could never give that answer. :rolleyes: yeah, i'm talking to you, Anne Hathaway.

Yeah but ever since she was done with Harry potter...I know none of you have noticed Emma is not really been the nice sweet girl we've seen when she was soon Harry potter films. She seems like tired and sick of the interviewers. She rarely laughs anymore too I've noticed when she is on the late night shows. I think Jay Leno should be given another chance somewhere else on another channel when he leaves next year. Arsenio Hall is going to make a great talk show host! No that it matters but Arsenio I think will be the first late night African American talk show host in a long while. Montell was on but he wasn't late night,and Oprah was daytime too. His show is premiering sometime this year idk what date.

Edited by WatsonLover479

I would say Emma has changed over the years, but I wouldn't agree that she hasn't been a "nice" girl since HP. It really depends on the host doing the interview. She didn't laugh much with Letterman, but then neither do I. However, she laughed a lot with Ellen, Fallon, Anderson Cooper, and Kelly & Michael when she was doing Perks publicity last year.

Your comment about Arsenio Hall made me think, and I had to do a bit of research. There have been a number of African American late night hosts that have come and gone. It seems the last one that was successful (more than a year or 2 at most) was actually Arsenio Hall. He had a show back in 89 - 94.

With Ellen the most of there guest laugh. She is a comedian.

I would say Emma likes the host, who she can control the situation and give what she wanted to give. There she can do here "extended" job and make some fan work, too, without having trouble that she could say to much about herself.

the problem with most of the talk-show hosts, is that all they want to talk about are the gossip-dirt-trash-rumors of a celebrity's life, instead of the reasons that the person is actually there for, like film promotion, the person's career moves, talents, things they're involved in personally. i don't want to watch these shows just to see a bunch of gossip-trash and i'm pretty sure she doesn't care to be the subject of this crap either. Conan and Ellen are pretty much the only fair and decent hosts, in my opinion, as far as the interview segment goes.

I would say Emma has changed over the years, but I wouldn't agree that she hasn't been a "nice" girl since HP. It really depends on the host doing the interview. She didn't laugh much with Letterman, but then neither do I. However, she laughed a lot with Ellen, Fallon, Anderson Cooper, and Kelly & Michael when she was doing Perks publicity last year.

Your comment about Arsenio Hall made me think, and I had to do a bit of research. There have been a number of African American late night hosts that have come and gone. It seems the last one that was successful (more than a year or 2 at most) was actually Arsenio Hall. He had a show back in 89 - 94.

ya but what I mean though it has been awhile since we've last seen an African American late night host on national US TV. I know Wayne Brady had a show IDk where he is now.
  • 1 month later...

I don't see Emma appearing in any late night talk shows for her movie the bling ring? Why doesn't she want to be on the talk shows? This is quite odd,I don't think Emma has never rejected or not wanting to be on a late night talk show. Wonder why she's not doing it this time? What's her reason?