#1 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

Classic reboot of Romeo and Juliet is due to release July. NOT MODERN.

Douglas Booth as Romeo, Hailee Steinfield as Juliet and Ed Westwick as Tybalt!

I can't wait!

#2 Sterre**

Sterre**

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Wow, this looks really nice! I liked Baz Luhrmann's adaptation already, but found DiCaprio too cheesy at some points...I think this will be great! But I looked up some info and I saw this Juliet is born in like...1996! So she's about 16, wow! Great choice though, for Juliet in the play is in fact really young. I hope it will come to the Netherlands too!
Edit: oh wait funny this Douglas is playing Emma's love interest in Noah, isn't he?

Edited by Sterre**, 27 April 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#3 Badab

Badab

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Looks nice, but i have some points that don´t fit to me.

First it seems like they have added some scenes who wasn´t in the screenplay. Can´t remember any scene when they was judge by an holy man.

Also i don´t like the modern song in the trailer.

But the cast for Juliet is very nice, young and a good actress. Loved her in True Grit.

"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought bravely. And Rhaegar died" - Jorah Mormont about Rhaegar Targaryen from A Storm of Swords.

coldplanet64bannercolor.png

Combi made by the talented cutiesmartgurl!

Odi et amo. Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris.
Nescio. Sed fieri sentio et excucior.
>> I hate and i love. Why i do this, you maybe want to know.
Don´t know. But i feel, that i get true it, an i feel great torment.<<

carmen 85 by Catull

#4 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

Wow, this looks really nice! I liked Baz Luhrmann's adaptation already, but found DiCaprio too cheesy at some points...I think this will be great! But I looked up some info and I saw this Juliet is born in like...1996! So she's about 16, wow! Great choice though, for Juliet in the play is in fact really young. I hope it will come to the Netherlands too!
Edit: oh wait funny this Douglas is playing Emma's love interest in Noah, isn't he?

Douglas plays Miley's boyfriend in LOL, that's the only place I know him from.

When she was cast she was 14, directors had to cut the sex scene out and make it innocent because she refused to get naked.

I don't think I noticed any scene's that weren't in the play. The judge scene, if you mean him sitting on the throne was changed a little bit. Romeo still gets banished whether it be he standing or sitting.

Though the song is rather modern it adds a nice touch to a present day adaptation. Times are moving on.

Edited by magicbeans, 28 April 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#5 Carlyn

Carlyn

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

I'm interested in watching the film but I will wait until it's on dvd. I only watch blockbusters at the cinema. I haven't watched any version of Romeo and Juliet so it will be interesting to see this one and some others in time.

#6 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Ah I love going to the cinema. I usually go twice a week. XD

#7 EmmaEmmaEmma

EmmaEmmaEmma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

ill stick with the one from 1996 :)

I fell for you and I can't get up.

#8 Emmafan456

Emmafan456

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Mood::Illsies >.<
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

Looks good, will probably give it a watch :) I've always loved Romeo and Juliet. At least they cast a great looking actor as Romeo lol, would be wrong if they didn't :P. I don't think this will beat the 1996 version though, that's amazing. Leo and Claire..just the perfect actors for the roles. I'm surprised its not a modern version though but looks good all the same :)

2ff23311.gif

Edited by Emmafan456, 26 June 2013 - 09:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users