The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Romeo and Juliet

Classic reboot of Romeo and Juliet is due to release July. NOT MODERN.

Douglas Booth as Romeo, Hailee Steinfield as Juliet and Ed Westwick as Tybalt!

I can't wait!

Wow, this looks really nice! I liked Baz Luhrmann's adaptation already, but found DiCaprio too cheesy at some points...I think this will be great! But I looked up some info and I saw this Juliet is born in like...1996! So she's about 16, wow! Great choice though, for Juliet in the play is in fact really young. I hope it will come to the Netherlands too!
Edit: oh wait funny this Douglas is playing Emma's love interest in Noah, isn't he?

Edited by Sterre**

Looks nice, but i have some points that don´t fit to me.

First it seems like they have added some scenes who wasn´t in the screenplay. Can´t remember any scene when they was judge by an holy man.

Also i don´t like the modern song in the trailer.

But the cast for Juliet is very nice, young and a good actress. Loved her in True Grit.

Wow, this looks really nice! I liked Baz Luhrmann's adaptation already, but found DiCaprio too cheesy at some points...I think this will be great! But I looked up some info and I saw this Juliet is born in like...1996! So she's about 16, wow! Great choice though, for Juliet in the play is in fact really young. I hope it will come to the Netherlands too!

Edit: oh wait funny this Douglas is playing Emma's love interest in Noah, isn't he?

Douglas plays Miley's boyfriend in LOL, that's the only place I know him from.

When she was cast she was 14, directors had to cut the sex scene out and make it innocent because she refused to get naked.

I don't think I noticed any scene's that weren't in the play. The judge scene, if you mean him sitting on the throne was changed a little bit. Romeo still gets banished whether it be he standing or sitting.

Though the song is rather modern it adds a nice touch to a present day adaptation. Times are moving on.

Edited by magicbeans

I'm interested in watching the film but I will wait until it's on dvd. I only watch blockbusters at the cinema. I haven't watched any version of Romeo and Juliet so it will be interesting to see this one and some others in time.

• 1 month later...

Looks good, will probably give it a watch :) I've always loved Romeo and Juliet. At least they cast a great looking actor as Romeo lol, would be wrong if they didn't :P. I don't think this will beat the 1996 version though, that's amazing. Leo and Claire..just the perfect actors for the roles. I'm surprised its not a modern version though but looks good all the same :)

Edited by Emmafan456