The Emma-Watson.net Forum

In the Netherlands we have a tv-program called "Over Mijn Lijk" ("Over my dead body"); a reporter follows the life of five young cancer patiens who have no chance of recovery anymore for more than a year. All participants of the five series by now created were between 14 and 38 years old approximately. Only one of them is still alive right now. 
Watching this program taught me a lot about life and death. I was stunned by the incredible courage of most of the participants and it inspired me a lot. I used to be really scared of death, but seeing these young people (mostly my age) cope with a fate so terrible in such an incredible way made me see things so differently somehow, and I really feel a lot of respect for them. I wonder if there are programs like this one in other countries too. Have you seen them? What did you think of it? And even if you haven't seen them, what do you think of the concept? I must emphasize how integer and beautifully this program is made; there's no slightest bit of sensationalism in it at all, and that's one of the many things that make it so beautiful. 

I haven´t seen such a program in Germany. But i have seen some peaces of Documentations about it.

It seems to me, that what you so admire, is the accepting of the truth of life. this Life, may it give another or not, is worth something because it ends some day.

These Young people know they will die and have made there piece with it.

It is a bit strange how many of us are afraid of death, because it is part of the life and some Culturs, like the Egyptians, was obsessed with it. There was even some American cultures who kept there dead in there bedrooms, to protect them. 

i am always sad when i see kids and young people with cancer. it breaks my heart. :( of course, i am sad too when i see older people get it too, but at least they got to have a good number of years, in the long run. where did all these cancer types come from? did they exist before the 1900s Industrial Revolution?

No, Cancer is older.

It is not recognized as Cancer in older texts, like other illnesses, too, but it was existing in the past. it may be we get if more often today.

But there are no statistics of the Medieval and so on and it may be that we get it more often, because we outlive other diseases who killed the people in other times, like a flu.

So it may be just a selection process, or Evolution. I would guess, even if the count the "new" and maybe more deadlier (can´t count for all, the pest is described in some chronics like an stronger version of ebola, longer incubation phase but in the end even more deadly) diseases we are much healthier then you ancestor was.

wrong place i guess, but i heard it to. But it was a pre intervention, to be sure she gets no cancer in her breasts. So she has no cancer, and wanted to be sure she will not have them, in one part of her body at least.