The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is definitly acting...  

some acting, others get someone drunk to stalk buildings.... dont worry, the next interview, she will has his hands tied, because everybody knows 

moving your arms when you talk----------->acting

I just think we ALL need to ignore the critics on here yall...I truly do not enjoy coming here when certain people come here and ruin the subject/topic discussion which is happening more and more lately.

Adebisi, love you!!!! :) :) :)

Anyway getting back to the topic which may be useless because those certain people will yet again have a negative comment but will try anyway...I love how animated Emma is and has always been since her first interviews. She cracks me up so much!! :)

I just think we ALL need to ignore the critics on here yall...I truly do not enjoy coming here when certain people come here and ruin the subject/topic discussion which is happening more and more lately.

I truly do not enjoy people jumping like angry girl scouts at the throats of those who want to discuss what Emma is doing rather than cheerleading.

I love how animated Emma is and has always been since her first interviews. She cracks me up so much!! :)

Are you really not noticing a difference between Emma here and in her HP days? I might be imagining things but there are certain things signifying that Emma is less at ease with her role nowadays, or maybe a bit confused over what that role may be. The changes in style she undergoes for shoots is really dramatic and I don't think Emma has decided on her "true" identity yet. The "imposter syndrome" comment comes to mind; and that's really not far off when you simply assume a persona that you think you must assume for your job but are really ambiguous about. It's not entirely honest.

Are you really not noticing a difference between Emma here and in her HP days? I might be imagining things but there are certain things signifying that Emma is less at ease with her role nowadays, or maybe a bit confused over what that role may be. The changes in style she undergoes for shoots is really dramatic and I don't think Emma has decided on her "true" identity yet.

Are you talking style as in clothing, hair, makeup for the shoot? You don't think she is the one that chooses that do you? That's not how it works.

Or are you talking her interview style, the way she behaves during the interview? Like cbmac said, Emma is quite animated in many interviews.  But not all. It depends on the interview. The more she seems to enjoy an interview, the more expressive she is. She "talks" a lot with her hands. I think she had fun with this interview, you can hear people laughing in the background, so, lots of hand talking. That's not acting.

Are you talking style as in clothing, hair, makeup for the shoot? You don't think she is the one that chooses that do you? That's not how it works.

Or are you talking her interview style, the way she behaves during the interview? Like cbmac said, Emma is quite animated in many interviews.  But not all. It depends on the interview. The more she seems to enjoy an interview, the more expressive she is. She "talks" a lot with her hands. I think she had fun with this interview, you can hear people laughing in the background, so, lots of hand talking. That's not acting.

i agree. :)

Basically a thread/topic without the gang of jonny (lord forbid for me to mispell it and add an H) and sacred_path. Seriously, I do not have the time to MISS YOU! You know I'm your Romanian Oak 24/7, loyal and all. To miss you means you'd have to be removed from the forums. Then I'd miss you.

Anyway, Emma has a private life you can agree with me, how she styles herself when she isn't working isn't relevant, she does what she wants like the rest of US ladies out there(The real world not the online environment). The styling on photoshoots isn't relevant either because she doesn't really get to choose many things, there's a creative director, stylists and make-up artists, hairdressers and other people - a team from a certain company or magazine - the only thing is she does go to fittings which is totally normal we all do it, moreso Emma coz she's gotta look her best, and most probably out of a ton of dresses she could pick her favorites out of what the stylist shows her on a particular shoot. If I had a shoot with W MAGAZINE I'd tell you how it actually works. I do know that the photos are perfect well that's Michael Thompson for ya, huge photographer famous and respected in his craft so no photoshop on her face. #TeamGoodLighting.

That TIMES magazine interview made emma very nervous and feel not so at ease there, it felt weird for me to watch. It depends on THEM the interviewers, and seems to me ROOKIE is better than many of these professionals, I hope that girlie makes a career outta that.

Edited by Elena

I was talking mostly about the difference between "show Emma" and "real Emma", styling-wise.

It's clear that you're sometimes more animated and sometimes not. But if you look at basically all the interviews she's done over... the last two years?, Emma seems less and less inclined to put herself out there. It seems she's trying not to raise any issues. All the things she said in this one we already knew. This, together with her body language, just signifies that she's feeling less at ease in public than she used to during HP. And I think that has to do with her being unsure of what role she wants to play and others want her to play.

how she styles herself when she isn't working isn't relevant

Really? You don't see a difference between someone dressing up for a photo shoot and someone assuming a role? Because that's what it seems like. Edited by Sacred_Path

some acting, others get someone drunk to stalk buildings.... dont worry, the next interview, she will has his hands tied, because everybody knows 

moving your arms when you talk----------->acting

Ok, so she is not acting.

580230_594280340609995_452963412_n.jpg

1013490_594279377276758_1134572645_n.jpg

If this is so, the only other explanation for her exaggerated body language in this clip is, that she is under the influence of controlled substances. But I cannot believe this. So, for me this interview shows that she is indeed a great actress and that she is getting better and better in her facial expressions and her body-language. Two things, a actress needs to be  successful, I think.......

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

I was talking mostly about the difference between "show Emma" and "real Emma", styling-wise.

It's clear that you're sometimes more animated and sometimes not. But if you look at basically all the interviews she's done over... the last two years?, Emma seems less and less inclined to put herself out there. It seems she's trying not to raise any issues. All the things she said in this one we already knew. This, together with her body language, just signifies that she's feeling less at ease in public than she used to during HP. And I think that has to do with her being unsure of what role she wants to play and others want her to play.Really? You don't see a difference between someone dressing up for a photo shoot and someone assuming a role? Because that's what it seems like.

I do see the diference but we all dress diff. we all have a diff in how we dress when at home or for work, so what? Can we talk/write about something else?

I do see the diference but we all dress diff. we all have a diff in how we dress when at home or for work, so what?

I think it's a matter of degrees. People trying to be stylish in private will simply seem glammed up in a photoshoot. But if you dress down short of walking around in your pajama pants, and then do shootings, it's like assuming another personality. It begs the question why one does that. She's not the property of Warner Bros. anymore, she could choose not to pose for a magazine. Does she feel like it just comes with the job even if she doesn't care about it? That would be sad, because I see her as an artist, not just a professional who tries to have all boxes ticked.

No because the 2 people here ALWAYS have to critique and it just honestly is old. I only will respond to certain people here now. It is sad that when I see the 2 screen names around here have responded to a post that I already know for a fact that they have put down Emma in some way, critiqued Emma in some way or is being negative about Emma.

What I truly find sad too is if Emma doesnt dress like your typical celebrity or her hair is up and not perfect, then she is considered unstylish...sorry to some out there but about 99% of us girls dress down and wear hardly make up and our hair is up, especially for us girls who live in humidity. Emma fits into the 99% of us...so do Faith Hill, Heidi Klum, Taylor Swift, Emma Stone, etc...ITA about the Rookie magazine-she felt comfortable, good interviewer and enabled Emma to share more.

Anyway maybe try back OT: the mouthing the lines of Harry and Ron was hysterical!!!! ;)

The best though was her experience at college...I think we all had rude awakenings having to share the bathroom with 8-10 people!!! ;)

Like I said, this was one of the best (besides Rookie) interviews this year :)

It is sad that when I see the 2 screen names around here have responded to a post that I already know for a fact that they have put down Emma in some way, critiqued Emma in some way or is being negative about Emma.

For all her acting I've only had balanced to favorable comments. Selective reading FTW

I think it's a matter of degrees. People trying to be stylish in private will simply seem glammed up in a photoshoot. But if you dress down short of walking around in your pajama pants, and then do shootings, it's like assuming another personality. It begs the question why one does that. She's not the property of Warner Bros. anymore, she could choose not to pose for a magazine. Does she feel like it just comes with the job even if she doesn't care about it? That would be sad, because I see her as an artist, not just a professional who tries to have all boxes ticked.

Today I wore leggings, an old t-shirt and piled my unwashed hair in a bun on my head.

Yesterday I flat ironed my hair nicely, put on a nice summer dress and went on a tour of an English country house.

In the past, I've been very glammed up... I've done video shoots, photos, gone to weddings, parties...

And rest assured, my personality did not change. My motives, aspirations and values did not change. All that changed was what I wore on my body and how I did my hair. Of course, I was a lot quieter with only a few people around today. But yesterday, I was really quite animated, answering questions about my life because people are curious. 

I was still me, though. Just like Emma is Emma, and some days she throws on whatever is closest and is a bit more reserved, and other days she has a bit more effort put in and feels like being rather animated. 

Honestly, the way you guys talk as if this is some kind of phenomenon makes me wonder if you know any women at all.  :rolleye0012:

Today I wore leggings, an old t-shirt and piled my unwashed hair in a bun on my head.

Yesterday I flat ironed my hair nicely, put on a nice summer dress and went on a tour of an English country house.

In the past, I've been very glammed up... I've done video shoots, photos, gone to weddings, parties...

And rest assured, my personality did not change. My motives, aspirations and values did not change. All that changed was what I wore on my body and how I did my hair. Of course, I was a lot quieter with only a few people around today. But yesterday, I was really quite animated, answering questions about my life because people are curious. 

I was still me, though. Just like Emma is Emma, and some days she throws on whatever is closest and is a bit more reserved, and other days she has a bit more effort put in and feels like being rather animated. 

Honestly, the way you guys talk as if this is some kind of phenomenon makes me wonder if you know any women at all.  :rolleye0012:

How many magazine covers have you graced?

I may only have a rough overview of Emma's private style (I don't specifically hunt for pictures - but I do browse related sites every now and then), but as I said, the contrast seems stark.

I don't want to think of Emma simply enjoying playing dress-up - she's too reflected a person for that. Like I said, I suspect she still thinks of it as part of the job, not knowing how to deal with these things differently. She's already half-heartedly disassociated herself from the whole fashion affair, which shows IMO that her heart is no longer in that.

I kinda miss that Emma who was always pushing frontiers for herself and was always ready to take her mouth full. Someone with an agenda.

i'm a guy, a huge fan of Emma (no matter her attire/look, mood, or career choice), and i too wonder the same thing, Ling.

You need to watch!! :) Yeah I know what ya mean- I don't do anything that is not work related-big brother is always watching now...the interview was just sweet and fun-I love seeing Emma get into her interviews. If you have not seen her Rookie magazine interview, you need to check that one out too!