#21 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

Shocker I am enjoying this thread and this is what I come to find. I am going to say this once and once only-why are you on this forum? I mean for realz why? I mean do you EVER I mean like EVER have anything positive to say about Emma, EVER? If I had a quarter for every negative or critical thing you have to say about Emma, I would be rich. Do you know Emma personally? Do you talk to her on the phone or text or email her? If you dont, you have nothing totally NOTHING to judge her on. I am sorry for saying all of this but I am so sick and tired of your negativity when the rest of us are trying to enjoy this thread.
You are entitled to your opinion obviously but you never say anything positive or happy about Emma.

Sorry for the rant...back OT...Elena, ITA...there was some Hermione there and yes love her sense of humor :) in my opinion, she was looking very comfortable interviewing, enjoying her time with the questions. She is so adorable :)
Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

#22 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

Sorry, she looks pretty and styled in this interview, but this is not the day-to-day Emma, we know. What's wrong with it? I am pretty sure she is not so "overacting" in real life. If this would be the real her, she would be a enervating person, what she clearly not is. She is just a good actress (using lines, she used for years now).

For example:

true Emma.....
21369_594226320615397_1802063980_n.jpg

styled Emma.....
984295_581239341914095_379071278_n.jpg

"Benutze es!" = "Use it!"

„Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” John Updike

#23 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

How did we go from the fun, sweet interview that Roberto posted to this? I don't get it...is Emma supposed to look all glammed up 24/7? Girls help me out here!! Do we EVER look glammed up 24/7 too? I don't get it...I just don't. Anyway I am done because I don't want this thread turning into yet another argument.

Posted Image

#24 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Mood::excited by tangents ô.Ô
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

is Emma supposed to look all glammed up 24/7?

If you look at shots of her with fans/ in private, Emma looks very let's say casual even compared to your average 23 year old.

"Ok, well, the 'hot bod' is not a characteristic."

#25 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

She is definitly acting...  But she is..... beautiful :blush: B)

1005290_594278640610165_438821117_n.jpg

1006230_594278523943510_196040359_n.jpg

971484_594278430610186_1922648962_n.jpg

941171_594278307276865_1623296514_n.jpg

1044504_594278210610208_1211561944_n.jpg

1044950_594278093943553_459896106_n.jpg

1044448_594277993943563_1423290667_n.jpg

1016694_594279450610084_1385061500_n.jpg

1013490_594279377276758_1134572645_n.jpg

1314_594279803943382_1784679550_n.jpg

„Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” John Updike

#26 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

The voluminous hair definitely adds to her appearance. That seems to be the first thing they do to her on most photo shoots.

#27 Adebisi

Adebisi

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

She is definitly acting...  

some acting, others get someone drunk to stalk buildings.... dont worry, the next interview, she will has his hands tied, because everybody knows 

moving your arms when you talk----------->acting

Y9m353j.jpg

#28 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

so I heard you think she's totally natural in that clip

#29 Adebisi

Adebisi

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

she moves the same since her first interview, but I suppose this is the new senseless critic of the week against her. I cant wait for the next one the next week

Y9m353j.jpg

#30 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

o rly

#31 Adebisi

Adebisi

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

ya rly

Y9m353j.jpg

#32 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

I just think we ALL need to ignore the critics on here yall...I truly do not enjoy coming here when certain people come here and ruin the subject/topic discussion which is happening more and more lately.

Adebisi, love you!!!! :) :) :)

Anyway getting back to the topic which may be useless because those certain people will yet again have a negative comment but will try anyway...I love how animated Emma is and has always been since her first interviews. She cracks me up so much!! :)
Posted Image

#33 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

I just think we ALL need to ignore the critics on here yall...I truly do not enjoy coming here when certain people come here and ruin the subject/topic discussion which is happening more and more lately.

I truly do not enjoy people jumping like angry girl scouts at the throats of those who want to discuss what Emma is doing rather than cheerleading.

I love how animated Emma is and has always been since her first interviews. She cracks me up so much!! :)

Are you really not noticing a difference between Emma here and in her HP days? I might be imagining things but there are certain things signifying that Emma is less at ease with her role nowadays, or maybe a bit confused over what that role may be. The changes in style she undergoes for shoots is really dramatic and I don't think Emma has decided on her "true" identity yet. The "imposter syndrome" comment comes to mind; and that's really not far off when you simply assume a persona that you think you must assume for your job but are really ambiguous about. It's not entirely honest.

#34 dookdookdook

dookdookdook

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:38 AM

Are you really not noticing a difference between Emma here and in her HP days? I might be imagining things but there are certain things signifying that Emma is less at ease with her role nowadays, or maybe a bit confused over what that role may be. The changes in style she undergoes for shoots is really dramatic and I don't think Emma has decided on her "true" identity yet.

Are you talking style as in clothing, hair, makeup for the shoot? You don't think she is the one that chooses that do you? That's not how it works.

Or are you talking her interview style, the way she behaves during the interview? Like cbmac said, Emma is quite animated in many interviews.  But not all. It depends on the interview. The more she seems to enjoy an interview, the more expressive she is. She "talks" a lot with her hands. I think she had fun with this interview, you can hear people laughing in the background, so, lots of hand talking. That's not acting.

#35 Emma_Rules

Emma_Rules

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Virginia

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:58 AM

Are you talking style as in clothing, hair, makeup for the shoot? You don't think she is the one that chooses that do you? That's not how it works.

Or are you talking her interview style, the way she behaves during the interview? Like cbmac said, Emma is quite animated in many interviews.  But not all. It depends on the interview. The more she seems to enjoy an interview, the more expressive she is. She "talks" a lot with her hands. I think she had fun with this interview, you can hear people laughing in the background, so, lots of hand talking. That's not acting.

i agree. :)

good_music_zps1def08f8.gif

#36 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

Basically a thread/topic without the gang of jonny (lord forbid for me to mispell it and add an H) and sacred_path. Seriously, I do not have the time to MISS YOU! You know I'm your Romanian Oak 24/7, loyal and all. To miss you means you'd have to be removed from the forums. Then I'd miss you.

Anyway, Emma has a private life you can agree with me, how she styles herself when she isn't working isn't relevant, she does what she wants like the rest of US ladies out there(The real world not the online environment). The styling on photoshoots isn't relevant either because she doesn't really get to choose many things, there's a creative director, stylists and make-up artists, hairdressers and other people - a team from a certain company or magazine - the only thing is she does go to fittings which is totally normal we all do it, moreso Emma coz she's gotta look her best, and most probably out of a ton of dresses she could pick her favorites out of what the stylist shows her on a particular shoot. If I had a shoot with W MAGAZINE I'd tell you how it actually works. I do know that the photos are perfect well that's Michael Thompson for ya, huge photographer famous and respected in his craft so no photoshop on her face. #TeamGoodLighting.

That TIMES magazine interview made emma very nervous and feel not so at ease there, it felt weird for me to watch. It depends on THEM the interviewers, and seems to me ROOKIE is better than many of these professionals, I hope that girlie makes a career outta that.

Edited by Elena, 08 July 2013 - 05:56 AM.

sig by ashley

9.png

#37 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

I was talking mostly about the difference between "show Emma" and "real Emma", styling-wise.

It's clear that you're sometimes more animated and sometimes not. But if you look at basically all the interviews she's done over... the last two years?, Emma seems less and less inclined to put herself out there. It seems she's trying not to raise any issues. All the things she said in this one we already knew. This, together with her body language, just signifies that she's feeling less at ease in public than she used to during HP. And I think that has to do with her being unsure of what role she wants to play and others want her to play.

how she styles herself when she isn't working isn't relevant

Really? You don't see a difference between someone dressing up for a photo shoot and someone assuming a role? Because that's what it seems like.

Edited by Sacred_Path, 08 July 2013 - 09:45 AM.

#38 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

some acting, others get someone drunk to stalk buildings.... dont worry, the next interview, she will has his hands tied, because everybody knows 

moving your arms when you talk----------->acting

Ok, so she is not acting.

580230_594280340609995_452963412_n.jpg

1013490_594279377276758_1134572645_n.jpg

If this is so, the only other explanation for her exaggerated body language in this clip is, that she is under the influence of controlled substances. But I cannot believe this. So, for me this interview shows that she is indeed a great actress and that she is getting better and better in her facial expressions and her body-language. Two things, a actress needs to be  successful, I think.......

Edited by Jonny Carinthia, 08 July 2013 - 02:03 PM.

#39 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

I was talking mostly about the difference between "show Emma" and "real Emma", styling-wise.
 It's clear that you're sometimes more animated and sometimes not. But if you look at basically all the interviews she's done over... the last two years?, Emma seems less and less inclined to put herself out there. It seems she's trying not to raise any issues. All the things she said in this one we already knew. This, together with her body language, just signifies that she's feeling less at ease in public than she used to during HP. And I think that has to do with her being unsure of what role she wants to play and others want her to play.Really? You don't see a difference between someone dressing up for a photo shoot and someone assuming a role? Because that's what it seems like.

I do see the diference but we all dress diff. we all have a diff in how we dress when at home or for work, so what? Can we talk/write about something else?

sig by ashley

9.png

#40 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

I do see the diference but we all dress diff. we all have a diff in how we dress when at home or for work, so what?

I think it's a matter of degrees. People trying to be stylish in private will simply seem glammed up in a photoshoot. But if you dress down short of walking around in your pajama pants, and then do shootings, it's like assuming another personality. It begs the question why one does that. She's not the property of Warner Bros. anymore, she could choose not to pose for a magazine. Does she feel like it just comes with the job even if she doesn't care about it? That would be sad, because I see her as an artist, not just a professional who tries to have all boxes ticked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users