The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Bling Ring - Reviews and opinions

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello everyone ! 

I just saw the Bling Ring this afternoon, here's a topic to talk about it !

Actually I didn't really apreciate the movie. I didn't like how Katie Chang (: Rebecca - main character) plays, I thought it was not convincing, pale, annoying. Maybe it's also what her character is about, but feels like every single smile is faked, and she never has any "real energy" to me, even though she should because she's at the origin of everything. 

The general tone of the movie was weird - sometimes you expect fun, a great dynamic, and it's just slow and mysterious. I though that maybe Sophia Copolla is trying to make us see, though slow scenes, how much the situation is out of control and how bad this all is. But it didn't work for me, I felt bored sometimes (Katie Chang's parts aren't my favorites as she didn't convinced me). 

Even though I didn't like the movie, I thought Emma's performance was brilliant !!! Haha Maybe I'm biased...

I didn't feel like Emma's character Nicki was a fake, I truly believed that she was quite stupid and genuine. It felt true to me, and every moment we could see Em on screen, it was funny. 

How about you ? What did you think of it ?

Edited by Thessalie
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure, when you go with friends you don't talk during the film but after the movie, to discuss the different opinions.

Well you'll be able to talk about the movie here with us, so you won't be alone for this experience after all  :rolleye0012:

It's playing near me in NY but I can't find anyone to go with booooooo lol

let's go! tho I'm miles away from the US haha

For sure, when you go with friends you don't talk during the film but after the movie, to discuss the different opinions.

Well you'll be able to talk about the movie here with us, so you won't be alone for this experience after all  :rolleye0012:

yeah talking after the movie is a priceless moment.

LOL!!!! Arie I know what you mean-when I attended my first movie alone, it was well WEIRD and yeah it did feel kinda creepy-but it is fun seeing a movie alone and not having anyone talk in your ear ;) Yes we can all discuss it together here!! :)

Advice from your EW buddies here- GO SEE IT ALONE if ya have to ;) I will be! LOL...

I always see movies alone doesnt bother me one bit!!

I have a son so when my hubby asks if I want some time off I'm practically running for the cinema before he has finished the sentence lol. So there is nothing creepy about it no one gives two hoots if you're alone!

I used to not go to films alone, but now I find it to be relaxing and a nice activity when I don't have anyone to do anything with. 

I actually might be able to swing an invite to a pre-screening on Wednesday, so I hope I am done all my packing and stuff by then so I can go.

Arie, see a matinee-hardly anyone goes because everyones at work :)

That is actually such a good point and I totally forgot about matinees... because I work.... so that wont help me. But, I totally would got to a matinee alone!

I'd feel pathetic for myself going to the movies alone and I'd start thinking "nobody likes me, nobody needs me" bla bla, tho I love going SHOPPING alone! no one says "blah it sucks and this one is better" I will choose w.e. I like.