The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Trayvon Martin Case/George Zimmerman Trial   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who else has been following the Trayvon Martin Case (aka George Zimmerman Trial)?

Do you believe George Zimmerman's story that Trayvon attacked him first and he was just acting in self defence? Or do you believe he is lying?

Also, what do you think about race playing a crucial role in this case?

Earlier, I was reading the laws in Florida and it appears to be that there are two justifiable homicide laws.

One is for situations where no deadly weapon was used. Since Zimmerman used a pistol, he has no excuse under that law. The other law is "Stand Your Ground". It's only for situations where someone does not pursue someone else. Because Zimmerman chased Martin, he has no excuse under that law either.

That's according to the Republicans who wrote Stand Your Ground:
Link - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/21…
And the Republican former-governor that signed it into law:
Link - Link - http://globalgrind.com/news/george-zimme…

Illegal homicide is murder. That's why Zimmerman stands accused of it.

It'll be interested to read everyone else's opinion on this case/trial.

I'm not really into the details of this case, but I do think that following an unarmed person while being armed with a firearm and then claiming self-defense seems a bit dubious. People under pressure might do all sorts of weird things though....I guess that's what trials are for.

I feel skin colour unfortunately might also play a role in this case.

I'm not really into the details of this case, but I do think that following an unarmed person while being armed with a firearm and then claiming self-defense seems a bit dubious. People under pressure might do all sorts of weird things though....I guess that's what trials are for.

I feel skin colour unfortunately might also play a role in this case.

Zimmerman would have known that Martin was unarmed when he was following him because...?

Zimmerman would have known that Martin was unarmed when he was following him because...?

would you suspect that any random person you choose to follow on the street carries a gun?
  • 2 weeks later...

I see one of the choices in the poll was "No - Trayvon Martin was just minding his own business and George Zimmerman was asking for trouble therefore it was not an act of self defence."  Zimmerman was asking for trouble by having Martin commit assault and battery on him? 

no he was asking for trouble when he was following a boy who was minding his own bussiness and even after the 911 operator told him not to follow him he still did

Point 1:  I believe Zimmerman was speaking with the NEN (Non-Emergency Number) operator, not the 911 operator. 

Point 2:  The exchange was-

Operator:  Are you following him?

Zimmerman:  Yes.

Operator:  We don't need you to do that.

Zimmerman:  Okay.

The operator testified in court that what she said was a suggestion, not an order.  (Go ahead.  Look it up.)

Point 3:  It's not illegal to follow someone, but it is illegal to commit assault and battery.

he called the authorities on him, and he should have waited until they came have to have them see what was so suspicious. why would he continue to follow this young man around, and as trayvons lawyer said he was trying to play cop.

• 2 years later...