The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Jane Austen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i like jane austen as well.Mansfield Park was the first book i ever read in english and it charmed me instantly.i fell in love with classic literature ever since.i also read sense and sensibility and i liked a lot too. i am now looking for pride and prejudice in english beacuse i dont want to spoil my lecture by reading it in romanian :D

• 2 weeks later...

I love Austen.

I think my favourite has to be Pride and Prejudice because I found it the most compelling, even though I already knew the story so well.

Sense and Sensibility disappointed me a little, because I thought it would be one of my favourites, but it wasn't. In fact, Persuasion and Northanger Abbey turned out to be two of my favourites when I had ranked their film adaptations lower. If that makes sense.

But I love them all.

Edited by Dumbledores Woman

I love Austen.

I think my favourite has to be Pride and Prejudice because I found it the most compelling, even though I already knew the story so well.

Sense and Sensibility disappointed me a little, because I thought it would be one of my favourites, but it wasn't. In fact, Persuasion and Northanger Abbey turned out to be two of my favourites when I had ranked their film adaptations lower. If that makes sense.

But I love them all.

It does make sence. I wasn't so hot on Sence and Sensibility either. Northange Abbey on the other hand is a master piece!

Has anyone seen any movies or ITV programmes?

I've seen the movies for Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma and I believe Mansfield Park.

ITV dramatisations of Mansfield Park, Emma, Northanger Abbey and Persuasion.

And the AMAZING BBC adaptations of Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility.

... I think that's it. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading Pride and Prejudice at the moment, and I'm liking it very much.

It is the fist Jane Austen's novel I've ever read and your input is very appreciated as I was going to continue with Sense and Sensibility later.

But I think now I'll have a go at Northanger Abbey first, as you are all agreeing that is very good.

I was also planning on reading Emma, since it's one of JK Rowling's favourite novels. :)

I'm reading Pride and Prejudice at the moment, and I'm liking it very much.

It is the fist Jane Austen's novel I've ever read and your input is very appreciated as I was going to continue with Sense and Sensibility later.

But I think now I'll have a go at Northanger Abbey first, as you are all agreeing that is very good.

I was also planning on reading Emma, since it's one of JK Rowling's favourite novels. :)

I'm not to keen on Emma. The novel wasn't to good. Pride and Prejudice I think is a maasterpiece and is very well known these days.

I've only read Emma....it was brilliant. One of the few books at uni that I enjoyed. I enjoyed her style of writing, so addictive. But the plot itself is not anything impressive. Not interested in reading her other books though, way cooler stories and writers that have come out since back then.

Edited by halleluJah
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been making my way through all the various BBC adaptations of the Jane Austen books, and I have literally begun speaking like they did back then :P

I LOVED Emma and am so excited to read it now!! Also, Manisfield Park!

I have been making my way through all the various BBC adaptations of the Jane Austen books, and I have literally begun speaking like they did back then :P

I LOVED Emma and am so excited to read it now!! Also, Manisfield Park and Northanger Abbey!