The Emma-Watson.net Forum

When is emma going back to brown sometime this year?

for all we know she could be doing online classes.....and it doesn't seem like she'll be filming anything any time soon, so it's possible she'll go back in the fall.

sometimes you have to choose work over school.

after harry potter emma seems to have a lot more enjoyment with acting, so maybe she's changed her mind about school.

Well she always said how much school means to her and how nerdy she is. If she was really into studying that much she would've graduated long ago. Bonnie did.

Well there are rumors about her doing “Queen of the Tearling.†Filming a blockbuster would take up almost all of her free time.. I guess she'll have to miss a few more semesters.

BTW, didn't Emma say that she doesn't want to be a part of big franchise for a while? :sweatdrop:

It's really hard to understand her lately.. :( seems like she says one thing and does something else entirely. :unsure:

Well she always said how much school means to her and how nerdy she is. If she was really into studying that much she would've graduated long ago. Bonnie did.

Well there are rumors about her doing “Queen of the Tearling.†Filming a blockbuster would take up almost all of her free time.. I guess she'll have to miss a few more semesters.

BTW, didn't Emma say that she doesn't want to be a part of big franchise for a while? :sweatdrop:

It's really hard to understand her lately.. :( seems like she says one thing and does something else entirely. :unsure:

Zain, you are really taff..... asking such inpropper questions....

A discussion about the fact, that she is saying one thing and behaving later in the complete opposite way is, what is called here, "the right to change her mind". So any remakes in that direction are fruitless in this forum. ;)

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

she's very much able to change her mind hah.

• 3 weeks later...

Zain

BTW, didn't Emma say that she doesn't want to be a part of big franchise for a while?  :sweatdrop:
It's really hard to understand her lately..  :( seems like she says one thing and does something else entirely.  :unsure:

@Zain

You put in the same sentence "rumor" and "invented facts" that are just assumptions YOU made. Why are you worriying about something that has not been officially said ? For each project she made she twitted a little something about it. So wait, and we will see.

As for college, I believe we should wait and see. Sometimes the last years are not consequent in terms of hours spent in the University, it's sometimes a lot of work at home. Maybe she can manage both filming and education. Moreover, if she misses one semester, maybe she'll do it in january ? 

I believe she was serious and honnest about what she said on education, and I'm sure she'll fine the time to do it, for the self-respect she has. Better late than never ! 

Jonny Carinthia

A discussion about the fact, that she is saying one thing and behaving later in the complete opposite way is, what is called here, "the right to change her mind". 

@Jonny

I agree on that ! even though I'm wondering if it's not just a matter of delaying more than changing her mind. 

Edited by Thessalie

I think one of the things that I respect the most about Emma is that she actually decided to get an education unlike most "child stars". She'll get 'er done in time. I feel like after Harry Potter ended, going to school was somewhat liberating for her and I feel like doing these other projects is just as liberating.

She may be doing her courses online for all we know. If she is filming "Your Voice in My Head" starting in November (I read that somewhere), I don't know how she'll balance filming and doing the university thing. I've never had to do it, so I can't say that it's impossible.

If she isn't back for the fall semester/term, maybe she'll go back in January?

• 2 months later...

I never understood how people didn't believe she could be doing a self-directed distance learning program considering that's how she did THE MAJORITY OF HER EDUCATION?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! 

She probably learns better that way. :P

I never understood how people didn't believe she could be doing a self-directed distance learning program considering that's how she did THE MAJORITY OF HER EDUCATION?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! 

She probably learns better that way. :P

She can do it, of course. But it is a hugh privilege to do it that way and not every "Tom-Dick-or-Harry"-student can go this "way" of education, for reasons of money and simply possibilty. I do not think that Brown or Oxford is a "distant learning University". But I have to say, I see that from an Austrian point, where such long, again and again interupted studies are simply not possible or better, not available.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

No, anybody can do their education that way in North America, there are plenty of programs like that. Obviously she did her first year on campus, probably in general studies and fundamentals, and we know she did some time at Oxford. So she probably met her required in-class time quite easily. I was going to do something similar, and get another degree by spending 2 weeks per semester on campus and doing the rest remotely in a different part of the country, which would allow me to continue working at my job while studying in my spare time. And that was in Canada at just a regular university, for an undergrad degree, and I'm just a normal person.

Edited by ling

It's not uncommon to do your degree in that amount of time, even when you're NOT one of the most famous people in the world. Things are obviously quite different nowadays than they were when you were in uni.

(And before you go on about how things are done in Austria, one of my friends/colleagues is Austrian... and she works in Brighton for a big chunk of the year, and spends the rest of the time at her university in Austria.)

You can take courses online without having to attend the school itself. I figured this is what Emma has been doing when she hasn't been able to attend university directly. She just hasn't mentioned it since she decided to keep her education private, probably as a result of the tabloids making up bullying rumors and paparazzi occassionally sneaking onto campus. This is why Emma keeps her personal life private, as she decided to share this one thing with the public, and they used it for that nonsense. It's her education, not theirs. I'm glad to see she's been able to continue her studies. :)