The Emma-Watson.net Forum

British GQ October 2013

I want the article. Don't tell me I have to wait until the morning to go to the shops for it. :P

i will get the magazine and scan it all up after that, scanning is cheap too and I will be able to take the text off  <3

Emma has been my Woman of the Year for a few years now. :wub::happydance:

same here, this wasn't actually news for me.

Awwww that video! :) Tom Hiddleston! Love him!!! Ok Emma, is truly not that little girl anymore is she? I mean I know she is 23 years old now but I remember I didn't start feeling more like a woman rather than a girl til I was about 25.

She is so humble and so sweet...just a cool person.

The magazine shoot is GORGEOUS...I love the dresses and make up and her hair! This shoot just ROCKS!!!!!

i hate it when the trashmedia still snidelyrefers to her as 'that harry potter girl', as if those movies were just so much claptrap. those movies were awesome, still are, Hermione is still awesome, and i'll always have a special place for the Harry Potter films in my cinematic heart. screw you, trashmedia.

love Hermione :wub:

love Emma Watson :wub:

I have said it once and will say it again...she is a class act....the media overall are bunch of arses....they don't care who they hurt, who they are nasty towards...personally, the journalists who write shite about public figures are simply jealous of the fame, fortune, and popularity. Really pathetic of this Will Self- GO EMMA FOR SELLING THIS ARSE OUT.  The Potter stars have MORE than worked hard for where they got to...the really sad thing about that Self guy is that R/E/D all started out as young kids and continued working their tails off into their late teens/early adulthood.

Anyway, good article...Emma as down to earth as always....sweet young woman!

I have said it once and will say it again...she is a class act....the media overall are bunch of arses....they don't care who they hurt, who they are nasty towards...personally, the journalists who write shite about public figures are simply jealous of the fame, fortune, and popularity. Really pathetic of this Will Self- GO EMMA FOR SELLING THIS ARSE OUT.  The Potter stars have MORE than worked hard for where they got to...the really sad thing about that Self guy is that R/E/D all started out as young kids and continued working their tails off into their late teens/early adulthood.

Anyway, good article...Emma as down to earth as always....sweet young woman!

^ i wholeheartedly second this post....Emma is a class act in every way. love her! :wub:

Someone pens an interview that doesn't simply shower praise on Emma and people get their pants in a knot? O rite, internets.

The troubling thing is that Emma herself feels she was unjustly portrayed in that article. I mean yeah, it's not nice to read in a papar about how you left someone thoroughly unimpressed when you met them in person, but hey, common people don't even get the chance to read something like that about themselves ;)

I think, Will Seif did only a good job - unimpressed, unaffected, unexcited did he report what he actually saw and heared. He did nothing wrong. Definitly not.

Many of the other interviewers seems to write stories about her with the background "I want to be in Emma's phone-registry and I want her e-mail adress" - and so they are writing "political correct" stories, but not the truth. The article in GQ is no exception - this is not the real Emma, this is the Emma, the editor and the publisher wants to see. And "woman of the year?" How....... (censored).

Coming back from London I tried to find out, what her fellow countrymen are thinking about her. There is no better place then the pub to hear the truth. Best comment: "Somebody who is writing four diaries has either too much free time or needs mental help". She is still considered to be the HP-girl - without a radical change of her image ("how often will she show us her shoulders like a 14 year old?") she will not make it. Yes, I love pubs. Maybe Emme should visit them more to learn.....

I think, Will Seif did only a good job - unimpressed, unaffected, unexcited did he report what he actually saw and heared. He did nothing wrong. Definitly not.

Those adjectives do not describe the tone of the article at all. Try patronizing, condescending, dismissive, sarcastic.

Reading the interview again, I think he was just bitter about having to spend so much time with his children watching Harry Potter and less time admiring himself.