The Emma-Watson.net Forum

NEW HARRY POTTER SPIN-OFF FILM

I'm very intrested in the world of HP. Harry's story have been told.

What I do hope for is to get more about the world. But I dunno if these spin offs will give me (us) more or not..

, but there are alot more that I want!

This isn't based off Harry at all. This movie is about the world and from wayyyyy before Harry was born

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm very intrested in the world of HP. Harry's story have been told.

What I do hope for is to get more about the world. But I dunno if these spin offs will give me (us) more or not..

, but there are alot more that I want!

This isn't based off Harry at all. This movie is about the world and from wayyyyy before Harry was born

If we were following the Wizarding World historically along a timeline of course the story of Newt Scamander happens long before Harry's story and does not involve Harry personally in any way.  

I think what Trixie is doing is taking something of a teleologic view in mentioning the "World of Harry Potter".  

After all, we as an audience to the Wizarding World were first introduced by JKR to the World of Harry Potter and it is in Harry's world (albeit in an entirely ancillary manner) that we first learn of Newt Scamander.

So in that way Newt's story could be viewed as a derivative or product of the Harry Potter World because our first conceptual understanding of Newt and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find came from our exposure to the World of Harry Potter.    

Or I could be wrong.  But I believe that is where Trixie was coming from.  She was not trying to suggest that Newt's story has any direct correlation to Harry's.  

Has a release date for the new film come out yet?  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Has someone actually read this book? Do you feel it would make a good movie?For WB this is certainly a cash cow, but for JKR, I think it's more of an ego cow. HP is simply a different affair from obscure crime novels and simply less popular books like Casual Vacancy.

Yeah, I read it. I don't think it has much chance of becoming a big thing, but then it is WB we are talking about here, so....