The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Does Emma inspire you ? If yes, how ?

Hi everyonce  :D I think the title is clear enough ! are you inspired by Emma ? How ? To do what ? 

As far as I am concerned, she inspired me to start a diary of my dreams. I thought it was a great idea, and when I read about her several diaries, I thought it was smart to do so. It will make her keep her memories of who she is and was during her life. 

It reminded me of a friend of mine who writes herself letters to read at her birthday several years later. That was a funny idea at first, but in the end you see yourself evolving as a personn, and I believe it's a frightening but great thing to do. 

Emma inspires me because I'm mostly bored/ unimpressed by modern art; but with someone like Emma, it showed me that if an interesting personality is shining through a piece of art, that can make it interesting too. IOW, I wouldn't care about most movies if it wasn't for Emma.

She inspires me on so many aspects, work and career, life,....um 1. to enjoy myself and not be hard on myself which is hard at times 2. to stay focused on what I want to achieve. 3. Paint. To take the digital onto physical canvas.

Emma inspires me often...here she is this multi millionaire actress who can retire like 20 times over by now and not only does she continue to work, but she is getting her college degree (something she doesn't need but is choosing to get). She also is an inspiration with how she uses her twitter to spread word about social issues.  She is always a class act when the media is hounding her and the paps are in her face. She also is probably one of the most grounded down to earth actresses I have ever seen. Up and coming young actresses should be looking to Emma as their role models.

@cbmac12

Emma inspires me often...here she is this multi millionaire actress who can retire like 20 times over by now and not only does she continue to work, but she is getting her college degree (something she doesn't need but is choosing to get). She also is an inspiration with how she uses her twitter to spread word about social issues. She is always a class act when the media is hounding her and the paps are in her face. She also is probably one of the most grounded down to earth actresses I have ever seen. Up and coming young actresses should be looking to Emma as their role models.

I totally agree with you and understant you. She's kind of a model for me because of her choice to go to college, because of the way she explains she lives her life. I actually believe her and believe what she says in her interviews. Some people (in this forum of elsewhere) think she tells b***s**t for some reasons, I felle it's because they don't understand her.

I can relate to what she explains, for example in class, you shine for your smart talks and interventions, not for your look and reputation. That's the same for me, if you suck in maths you are disrespected for that.

She said also something that went directly to my heart :
Emma Watson : It’s interesting, because people say things to me like, “It’s really cool that you don’t go out and get drunk all the time and go to clubs,†and I’m just like, I mean, I appreciate that, but I’m kind of an introverted kind of person just by nature, it’s not like a conscious choice that I’m making necessarily. It’s genuinely who I am. Have you seen Quiet by Susan Cain?
Rookie : No!
Emma Watson : It discusses how extraverts in our society are bigged up so much, and if you’re anything other than an extravert, you’re made to think there’s something wrong with you. That’s like the story of my life. Coming to realize that about myself was very empowering, because I had felt like "Oh my god, there must be something wrong with me because I don’t want to go out and do what all my friends want to do".

Well I feel exactly the same way, and that's why I understand her so much. but I believe that for those who never felt the same, it feels like unreal or "playing smart", I don't know...
So anyway, she inspires me for who she is, for the fact that she took the time to figure out who she is. I try to do the same, to work on myself the same way : we are looking for happiness and peace of mind.

Edited by Thessalie

After some thought, I'd say Emma is just straight up classy. She's a great role model. I mean, she has so much money in the bank that doesn't ever have to work another day in her life, but she chooses to keep at it anyway. She also went out of her way to get an education.

9/10 child stars don't do that last bit, and I think that's why a lot of them have gone off the rails.

Hi everyonce  :D I think the title is clear enough ! are you inspired by Emma ? How ? To do what ? 

As far as I am concerned, she inspired me to start a diary of my dreams. I thought it was a great idea, and when I read about her several diaries, I thought it was smart to do so. It will make her keep her memories of who she is and was during her life. 

It reminded me of a friend of mine who writes herself letters to read at her birthday several years later. That was a funny idea at first, but in the end you see yourself evolving as a personn, and I believe it's a frightening but great thing to do. 

No, not really.