The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What was the best movie of Emma so far?

Best movie, or movie with best performance by Emma?

PoA has been a favorite for some time but there were some powerful scenes in DH. Outside of HP, she was good in Perks but that's not really the type of movie I watch, and wouldn't have if not for Emma. Haven't seen Bling Ring yet, which is another I wouldn't watch if not for Emma.

I really hope she can show all her talent in "Your voice in my head". Not counting the HP-movies I loved her best in "MwwM". Maybe because she was acting as a "european girl" and not as a teenager from the United States. Unfortunatly she did after HP nearly only movies for the US-market. I know that there is more chance for success and money, but after watching Bling Ring I asked myself if people could really be so...... different.

She has definitly get rid of her "teenager"-image. After that, I see a lot of good movies coming up.

I have to go with Perks mainly because it meant so much to me. Harry Potter obviously meant a lot to me as well, but it was really such a constant in my life from age 11 to now, which meant that I grew with it, so I'm just extremely comfortable that universe. The Perks novel came to me at a time when I was being more exposed to the harsher realities of adolescence (and subsequent adulthood) and I wished for a movie of it for so long, and it did not disappoint.

I go with Perks as well, I made sure I'd read the book first before the film came out and I wasn't disappointed(when I watch a film I distance myself from what I read online or whatever, even if I read the book that won't influence my opinion on the film) and I absolutely loved her performance, I remember the film started and I was so excited for her to do well and man she did. More than well, more like amazing.

i agree with Elena and Ling...loved her as Hermione, and HP is still one of my enduring favorite film series, but Emma's performance as Sam touches my heart on a different level and i remain entranced by her emotion, vulnerability, and aliveness throughout the role. i cannot say enough good things about Perks and it's cast. wow. love the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to choose actually...Bling Ring was such a DIFFERENT role that I loved seeing this different side to her...but I would say to this day it is DH 1 and 2 also for me.

I know Trixie-same here about Tale :)