The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson's official Facebook Page

Hello everyone =) 

Here is a place to talk about Emma's official facebook page. 

https://www.facebook.com/emmawatson

I wanted to start with the recent posts.

I felt that recently it was as if a different person was managing the page (I mean, usually it's not her, but still a different person from now), and I felt it was more childish. Did you feel the same ? 

Hm it was also the "like if you agree !!" that I find only in pages for teenages in lack or recognition, and I prefered the quote system. 

I agree that the page is boring. I prefer her twitter which is much more alive, or other HP pages. 

She has a official facebook-page, has she?

Maybe years ago.....

Is Jo still in charge of the facebook-page?

In fact: Emma has no real presence in the new media. Facebook - gone. Own homepage - gone. Twitter - boooooooooooring (she should ask her friend Sophie how to creat a nice twitter-account).

And please do not say, she is so busy. This is not true. True is, Emma has no interest in this sort of presence. That's all. We have to live with it.

Emma has always struck me as the kind of person who isnt into the whole social media...Rupert Grint and Daniel Radcliffe dont either. I dont believe it is because she doesnt want to communicate with fans...put yourself in her shoes-she is opening herself up and we know she likes to keep her privacy, which we all should respect. I will be honest-our social media has grown WAY out of control...it scares me to know anyone can even look up info about me...google yourself-stuff is out there!!!! I enjoy her tweets because they are funnny and really spreads good music taste :) FB is going bye bye anyway I feel-I think I am on my FB like every few months. Even my cousin who is in college told me she and her friends use more Instagram and twitter than FB.

Emma is smart-the public is too much of a scary place these days-you have freaky people in our world who obsess over celebrities and their lives-Bling Ring completely shows this. I for one admire Emma and any other entertainer or sports figure who dont open themselves up to the public. We are not these people's friends or family. I am not paying money to learn about their personal lives-I pay to see them act or play sports or perform a concert. Those that do open themselves up, that is their choice. I dont think it's wrong but I do think they need to be more aware of our world today. Sometimes I think some celebs are too trusting and share way too much. But that is just my two cents :)

• 1 month later...

No, Jo is not in charge of the FB page as far as I know. 

I've heard of Jo often, but I actually don't know who she is. I've also seen the video on Youtube on the red capet where Jo talks to Emma, and Emma says "you're Jo, you sent me the I-pod ?" because i guess the comunity managed to offer an I-pod to Emma ^^ 

So I wondered, who is she ? 

Jo - she is the founder of this page - was responsible for Emma's homepage and a little bit also for her Facebook-presence. Jo told me, that she tried to establish with Emma-Watson.net a "true Emma" page, means no gossip, no paparazzi-pics, no private matters. It seems that this worked well on this page during the time Emma was with Warner Brothers, because the PR-department there knew what to do to feet this page with "official informations".One day she got a call from Emmas father and she started working for her. When she left this page, dook took over. Last year we had a emotional discussion about Emmas homepage (does not longer exist) and ideas for that homepage.

Jo is still member of this page, but was not online for 3 month now.

Dook can tell you, if I remember my private chat with Jo right.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

I've heard of Jo often, but I actually don't know who she is. I've also seen the video on Youtube on the red capet where Jo talks to Emma, and Emma says "you're Jo, you sent me the I-pod ?" because i guess the comunity managed to offer an I-pod to Emma ^^ 

So I wondered, who is she ? 

That was actually Carol in the video, an EW.net staff member. Jo founded the website Emma-Watson.net in 2004, and was webmiss until early 2006. She organized a project for Emma's 16th birthday. You can read about it, the video, and a letter we got from Emma at http://emma-watson.net/Fans/projects/16th-birthday.php

Jo - she is the founder of this page - was responsible for Emma's homepage and a little bit also for her Facebook-presence. Jo told me, that she tried to establish with Emma-Watson.net a "true Emma" page, means no gossip, no paparazzi-pics, no private matters. It seems that this worked well on this page during the time Emma was with Warner Brothers, because the PR-department there knew what to do to feet this page with "official informations".One day she got a call from Emmas father and she started working for her. When she left this page, dook took over. Last year we had a emotional discussion about Emmas homepage (does not longer exist) and ideas for that homepage.

Jo is still member of this page, but was not online for 3 month now.

Dook can tell you, if I remember my private chat with Jo right.

I have no idea what you talked about with Jo, but some of your statement is correct. Jo founded the website Emma-Watson.net, and yes the "mission" was to have a site that respected Emma as a person. This led to Jo being asked to work for Emma. The forum (this page?) was started by someone else at emmawatson.net and eventually they merged.

Emma has always struck me as the kind of person who isnt into the whole social media...Rupert Grint and Daniel Radcliffe dont either. I dont believe it is because she doesnt want to communicate with fans...put yourself in her shoes-she is opening herself up and we know she likes to keep her privacy, which we all should respect. I will be honest-our social media has grown WAY out of control...it scares me to know anyone can even look up info about me...google yourself-stuff is out there!!!! I enjoy her tweets because they are funnny and really spreads good music taste :) FB is going bye bye anyway I feel-I think I am on my FB like every few months. Even my cousin who is in college told me she and her friends use more Instagram and twitter than FB.

Emma is smart-the public is too much of a scary place these days-you have freaky people in our world who obsess over celebrities and their lives-Bling Ring completely shows this. I for one admire Emma and any other entertainer or sports figure who dont open themselves up to the public. We are not these people's friends or family. I am not paying money to learn about their personal lives-I pay to see them act or play sports or perform a concert. Those that do open themselves up, that is their choice. I dont think it's wrong but I do think they need to be more aware of our world today. Sometimes I think some celebs are too trusting and share way too much. But that is just my two cents :)

although Dan has google+ and it's interesting to watch, there's video diaries, behind the scenes photos/pics, recent articles and links to photoshoots, which I like.

Well, for me a good, fanrelated homepage is something different to a homepage, revealing "private matters". She has so much to say about her job, the shootings, the movies, even charities or fundraising things... there would be no need to reveal, on which side of the bed she sleeps or if Will is a good cook......
But she decided to say nothing at all, not about her private life (understandable) and not about her job (questionable)......

That was actually Carol in the video, an EW.net staff member. Jo founded the website Emma-Watson.net in 2004, and was webmiss until early 2006. She organized a project for Emma's 16th birthday. You can read about it, the video, and a letter we got from Emma at http://emma-watson.net/Fans/projects/16th-birthday.php

I have no idea what you talked about with Jo, but some of your statement is correct. Jo founded the website Emma-Watson.net, and yes the "mission" was to have a site that respected Emma as a person. This led to Jo being asked to work for Emma. The forum (this page?) was started by someone else at emmawatson.net and eventually they merged.

Thank you for the informations ! That's incredible that she got to interact and work whith Emma. That mean Ema trusted her, she must have been a good person :)

I slightly misread that sentence.

Hahaha :D

Well, for me a good, fanrelated homepage is something different to a homepage, revealing "private matters". She has so much to say about her job, the shootings, the movies, even charities or fundraising things... there would be no need to reveal, on which side of the bed she sleeps or if Will is a good cook......

But she decided to say nothing at all, not about her private life (understandable) and not about her job (questionable)......

Now I understand better what you mean, and I kinf of agree with you on the fact that she could share more about her work and charities without talking about personnal stuff. That would be a good idea to developp her social media, though while filming a lot of actors must keep everything secret because of their contract.