The Emma-Watson.net Forum

It's time to take my leave

I feel like my time here has come to an end. That is why I have started this thread, to say goodbye.

I rarely come here now and when I do I’m bypassed and with that said I’d like to take my leave. I may pop in every few months or so to graze over posts, but other than that I will not be posting and will send PM’s to the members who have impacted me. The reason I’m writing this message is because I’d like you all to know I’m thankful before this forum closes, not because I think I am an important member or because I'm trying to make a monumental statement.

I’d just like to say thank you to every member that has interacted with me here. Yes, even the ones who have disrespected me. I have been here since 2002-3 (I think) and it has been an extreme learning curve for me. It was the first forum I joined and it was the first place I created online friends. Not only did Emma Watson grow over the years I have been here, but so did I and everyone else.

I have loved the many years I have spent here on the forum, this one and the previous forum. On the previous forum I highly respected Jo for what she achieved. She started a large community in which I met friends that I have gained for life. I really enjoyed many years of forum awards and meeting new members year after year. I’ve enjoyed watching you all grow older and the fact I got to witness the graphics section grow. (The section in which I posted.) It really breaks my heart to leave such a community.

With all that being said, thank you everyone for many years of joy, laughs, tears and fun. I hope you all do well and prosper in the future.

Edited by Jade

^bypassed and disrespected? You shouldn't have to leave because of that, I think. You should've reported those people to our mods. And I'm pretty sure our mods will do action for it. But if that's your decision, it's so sad that an old member of this forum has to go :( Anyways, goodluck and always remember "you'll never be brave if you don't get hurt, you'll never learn if you don't make mistakes and you'll never be successful if you don't encounter failure" aha google :P

I do the same thing, I just check the homepage and every now and again my graphics topic. I'm working 10 hrs a day now at this graphic design job it's demanding and exhausting so I rarely check everything but I won't leave it. Even if there are members of the forum I CANNOT stand. I love the forum. In life, you have to do what you want to do. Therefore, if you want to leave, just sign out, but never cancel the account. You may have a change of mind. OR heart.

Edited by Elena

Hate to see you go. I hope you'll maybe pop in and say hello once every blue moon. Many of us here have been a part of this community for quite some time (and for some including myself over a decade) and I feel many of us have grown with each other over the years. I truly feel that you're a part of this family as every one of us. It has been a pleasure communicating with you on here, Jade. I wish you the very best.

Edited by The Midnight Q

I’d just like to say thank you to every member that has interacted with me here. Yes, even the ones who have disrespected me. I have been here since 2002-3 (I think) and it has been an extreme learning curve for me. It was the first forum I joined and it was the first place I created online friends. Not only did Emma Watson grow over the years I have been here, but so did I and everyone else.

I can't imagine anyone disrespecting you in this forum, Jade, you're too likable. But then again, I'm not around here too often to get to know everyone.

You will surely be missed! You should stop by and say 'hello' once in a while. I really admire your work too, by the way. I'm almost inspired to work on my Photoshop skills. That is if I ever get the time. :] 

Aw I'm sorry to see you go Jade. I had been missing your posts lately so I'm glad I happened to catch this thread.

We haven't had a great deal of interaction over the years, but I've always noticed your presence around the forums (I've been here since 2005, though I am also posting less and less these days) and it's always sad to see another 'old' member leave. :(  I just want to wish you the best of luck with whatever you do in life, you seem like a lovely girl with a lot of talent - I LOVE your graphics! Please do pop back and see us every now and then if you wish :)

The first person I ever talked to on the forums is leaving the forums nawwwhhh it's the end of an era :sob:

Ιt's so nice you took the time and wrote this. It shows leaving here means a lot to you and thank you for sharing! A lot of people have left or are inactive for a great amount of time, for many reasons, but still are here from time to time. I hope we'll be seeing you from time to time as well.

If you're sure that the reasons you're leaving for are right then go for it and good luck with everything. You will surely be missed sweets.

Even if there are members of the forum I CANNOT stand. I love the forum. In life, you have to do what you want to do. Therefore, if you want to leave, just sign out, but never cancel the account. You may have a change of mind. OR heart.

Agreed with Elena. There are always people who will dislike you, who will judge you, who will put you down, we're not a dollar to be liked by everyone. But are you here to satisfy others? If somebody dislikes you, then it's their own problems, it's only their loss that they don't see the greatness in you. It's hard when people don't accept you but we must do what we want to do no matter what anyone says, feels about you. Despite that, there will always be people who care about you, like us..

It's not a reason to leave, it never is. But best of luck and stay well. :)

I think it's all been said, but I will miss you too. I am sad to see any good member go. From the newbies who join and then stop coming after a while, to the old timers especially who helped make this forum what it is/was. Usually they just drift away and you one day realize they haven't been here for a long time. I wonder what happened to them. Rarely does anyone say goodbye. Which is fine in a way, I hate goodbyes. So, I hope you will still visit occasionally, but if not, have a good life.

^bypassed and disrespected? You shouldn't have to leave because of that, I think. You should've reported those people to our mods. And I'm pretty sure our mods will do action for it. But if that's your decision, it's so sad that an old member of this forum has to go  Anyways, goodluck and always remember "you'll never be brave if you don't get hurt, you'll never learn if you don't make mistakes and you'll never be successful if you don't encounter failure" aha google

Over the years I have been yes, but I'm not leaving because of rude members. I just feel like it's time for me to go. Thanks you.

You will be missed hun, at least by me. I will miss your graphics a lot. Your work rocks!!

Thanks, Stef. :kiss:

you don't rly need to leave! you never need to leave!

:kiss:

Hate to see you go. I hope you'll maybe pop in and say hello once every blue moon. Many of us here have been a part of this community for quite some time (and for some including myself over a decade) and I feel many of us have grown with each other over the years. I truly feel that you're a part of this family as every one of us. It has been a pleasure communicating with you on here, Jade. I wish you the very best.

Dude I'm still going to private message you. :D

I can't imagine anyone disrespecting you in this forum, Jade, you're too likable. But then again, I'm not around here too often to get to know everyone.

You will surely be missed! You should stop by and say 'hello' once in a while. I really admire your work too, by the way. I'm almost inspired to work on my Photoshop skills. That is if I ever get the time. :]

Since I've been here, there's been a fair few. D: Thank you hun. :hug:

Aw I'm sorry to see you go Jade. I had been missing your posts lately so I'm glad I happened to catch this thread.

We haven't had a great deal of interaction over the years, but I've always noticed your presence around the forums (I've been here since 2005, though I am also posting less and less these days) and it's always sad to see another 'old' member leave. I just want to wish you the best of luck with whatever you do in life, you seem like a lovely girl with a lot of talent - I LOVE your graphics! Please do pop back and see us every now and then if you wish

Aww Katharine, I always have admired you. :hug:

The first person I ever talked to on the forums is leaving the forums nawwwhhh it's the end of an era

Ιt's so nice you took the time and wrote this. It shows leaving here means a lot to you and thank you for sharing! A lot of people have left or are inactive for a great amount of time, for many reasons, but still are here from time to time. I hope we'll be seeing you from time to time as well.

If you're sure that the reasons you're leaving for are right then go for it and good luck with everything. You will surely be missed sweets.

Dina, my Fairy Tail loving otaku. :hug: I will miss you.

Agreed with Elena. There are always people who will dislike you, who will judge you, who will put you down, we're not a dollar to be liked by everyone. But are you here to satisfy others? If somebody dislikes you, then it's their own problems, it's only their loss that they don't see the greatness in you. It's hard when people don't accept you but we must do what we want to do no matter what anyone says, feels about you. Despite that, there will always be people who care about you, like us..

It's not a reason to leave, it never is. But best of luck and stay well.

Thanks

Oh no, sad to see you go, Jade

Hopefully we will see you around from time to time

I shall still visit :hug:

I think it's all been said, but I will miss you too. I am sad to see any good member go. From the newbies who join and then stop coming after a while, to the old timers especially who helped make this forum what it is/was. Usually they just drift away and you one day realize they haven't been here for a long time. I wonder what happened to them. Rarely does anyone say goodbye. Which is fine in a way, I hate goodbyes. So, I hope you will still visit occasionally, but if not, have a good life.

Thanks, dook.

Best wishes Jade.

Just remember. The one thing about home is you can always come back and it's still home.

Thank you. :D This place is like a home.

^dito.

It's sad seeing people leave after you've seen them online nearly everyday in the past years. We never really talked, but it's still sad.

Good luck!

:hug:

Jade even though I never really interacted with you, you will be missed! I am kinda getting annoyed myself with certain members (ones I feel have become trollish) on here but will continue to post as I refuse to be chased away from a forum that I enjoy hanging and talking to people. I respect your decision and wish you luck with everything ya do in life!