The Emma-Watson.net Forum

UEFA Champions League 2010/11

It is ridiculous..

I have thought over the past few months about the possibilty of trying to get a ticket for the Champions League final, it's one of the biggest games in the football calander and as it's at Wembley it was the perfect opportunity, let's face it... barring some miracle, Stoke will never get there.

It's a massive game and I was (reluctantly) prepared to pay £50-£70 but I simply can't afford or justify paying those prices, it's pricing the average fan like myself out of the game.

The most I have paid for a ticket following Stoke is £42 for Old Trafford, the average Premier League game is about £30, while Bolton only charge £21. To put things further into perspective I have this week paid £15 for Stoke v Brighton on Saturday.

It may be the Champions League final but it is still just a game of football, and those prices simply cannot be justified.

Yeah, it's just a game. I mean you could buy more usefull stuff for that amount of money.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's just a game. I mean you could buy more usefull stuff for that amount of money.

They are stupid prices, there will be a lot of genuine fans who simply won't be able to afford tickets.

I wouldn't be surprised if FIFA was behind this !

It is ridiculous..

I have thought over the past few months about the possibilty of trying to get a ticket for the Champions League final, it's one of the biggest games in the football calander and as it's at Wembley it was the perfect opportunity, let's face it... barring some miracle, Stoke will never get there.

It's a massive game and I was (reluctantly) prepared to pay £50-£70 but I simply can't afford or justify paying those prices, it's pricing the average fan like myself out of the game.

The most I have paid for a ticket following Stoke is £42 for Old Trafford, the average Premier League game is about £30, while Bolton only charge £21. To put things further into perspective I have this week paid £15 for Stoke v Brighton on Saturday.

It may be the Champions League final but it is still just a game of football, and those prices simply cannot be justified.

You are soooo right! It's a shame what they've done to the 'PEOPLES GAME'! I found this video and I think it get the point (except the police scenes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJcJKsJsHdU

When I see this prices I should be lucky my team is only playing 3th league :icontwisted8pz::angry::(

• 4 weeks later...

Well Barcelona advanced against Arsenal (3:1), Shakhtar Donetsk against AS Rom (3:0), Tottenham against AC Milan (0:0) and Schalke against Valencia (3:1).

On March 15 ManU plays against Marseille and Bayern Munich vs Inter Milan.

And on March 16 Chelsea meets København and Real Madrid plays against Lyon.

Well Barcelona advanced against Arsenal (3:1), Shakhtar Donetsk against AS Rom (3:0), Tottenham against AC Milan (0:0) and Schalke against Valencia (3:1).

On March 15 ManU plays against Marseille and Bayern Munich vs Inter Milan.

And on March 16 Chelsea meets København and Real Madrid plays against Lyon.

Okay: United, Inter, Chelsea and Madrid are also threw. I so hoped Bayern Munich would kick Inter out (I dislike Bayern very much, but it was important for the UEFA coefficient).

QF: United v Chelsea

Real v Spurs

Barca v Shakhtar

Inter v Schalke

Either way, cant wait for the games, bring it on Chelsea lol, we're not afraid of u lol

Edited by Slash

QF: United v Chelsea

Real v Spurs

Barca v Shakhtar

Inter v Schalke

Either way, cant wait for the games, bring it on Chelsea lol, we're not afraid of u lol

United vs Chelsea: NICE. The final from a few years ago.

Real vs Spurs: Also nice.

And Inter vs Schalke...I don't like Schalke but I hope they win. :P

i want Spurs to win, but i wanted to see an El Classico semifinal tho, Barca v Real lol

Yeah Inter's in a deep trouble this season lol.. im sure Schalke would win it

• 2 weeks later...

i want Spurs to win, but i wanted to see an El Classico semifinal tho, Barca v Real lol

Yeah Inter's in a deep trouble this season lol.. im sure Schalke would win it

:lostit: How did you know that?

Inter vs Schalke 2:5!!!!! :D:ohyeah:

dang youse beat me to it lol

well then it decided El Classico for this year semi-final

lol Benitez screw Inter up and left it to dead...

next game will be good United v Chelsea

UNITED UNITED UNITED!!!!!

update

Barca 5-1 Shaktar

Chelsea 0-1 United

Barca sweep through Shaktar defence like they were nothing, while sending a msg to Madrid "we can do better" by scoring 5 goals

dang youse beat me to it lol

well then it decided El Classico for this year semi-final

lol Benitez screw Inter up and left it to dead...

next game will be good United v Chelsea

UNITED UNITED UNITED!!!!!

update

Barca 5-1 Shaktar

Chelsea 0-1 United

Barca sweep through Shaktar defence like they were nothing, while sending a msg to Madrid "we can do better" by scoring 5 goals

Lets see who's gonna win the el classico this time.

Meh, Inter won last time. :P

United was lucky tho. That foul was a clear penalty.

lol... i take that as a rhetorical question Rich lol.. i want Barca to smash Madrid like always but its football anythin can happen

yeah Inter won last season cus it was their time lol and like i said itd football, anything can happen

lucky or not, wins a win lol

lol... i take that as a rhetorical question Rich lol.. i want Barca to smash Madrid like always but its football anythin can happen

yeah Inter won last season cus it was their time lol and like i said itd football, anything can happen

lucky or not, wins a win lol

I don't care who wins. I'm not very fond of both teams anymore. Both teams have brilliant players, but thats about it.

And it's not their time this year. :P

Never said anything else. Only said it was a mistake of the ref.

El Classico Semi Final!!! cant wait to see it, this going to be interesting...

And Manchester United playing Schalke in the semi, its going to b a tough one

El Classico Semi Final!!! cant wait to see it, this going to be interesting...

And Manchester United playing Schalke in the semi, its going to b a tough one

Yeah man, awesome semi's. About Schalke, they suck in the league, but are in the final of the DFB Cup and now in the CL semi final. Interesting matches.

Edited by I am Not Purple

United won away game 2-0 over Schalke , cant wait till the next game , which is in 6 hours or so...

GO BARCA!!!! This is going to b d biggest game in the Champs League history ;p

Edited by Slash
  • 4 weeks later...

barcelona is CLASS.

who else is watching this match?

hahahahhaa im loving the faces on UTD now. before the match started i was in wembley and they were all proper confident :P 3-1 now and this is pure class!

messi is just quaaaality. <3

barcelona is CLASS.

who else is watching this match?

hahahahhaa im loving the faces on UTD now. before the match started i was in wembley and they were all proper confident :P 3-1 now and this is pure class!

messi is just quaaaality. <3

I don't care about Barca. I don't like'em. I hoped Man U would win, the lesser of the two evils. But I of course watched.

Well, Barcelona won the UEFA Champions League 2010/11 against Manchester United (3:1, 27' Rodriguez, 34' Rooney, 54' Messi, 69' Villa).

Barcelona will meet FC Porto at the UEFA Super Cup.

Edited by I am Not Purple

I don't care about Barca. I don't like'em. I hoped Man U would win, the lesser of the two evils. But I of course watched.

Well, Barcelona won the UEFA Champions League 2010/11 against Manchester United (3:1, 27' Rodriguez, 34' Rooney, 54' Messi, 69' Villa).

Barcelona will meet FC Porto at the UEFA Super Cup.

whose ur team normally?

i support liverpool so obviously, was ecstatic to see my rivals thrashed. although i'm upset for VDS, since it was his last game, but i guess thats football.

whose ur team normally?

i support liverpool so obviously, was ecstatic to see my rivals thrashed. although i'm upset for VDS, since it was his last game, but i guess thats football.

Hamburg (Hamburger SV)! But in the Premier League I like Tottenham and Fulham.

I can understand that. :P I'm not a big Man U fan my self. Yeah, but he's 40. I guess it was time for him.

• 11 years later...