3 replies to this topic

#1 kiaranah

kiaranah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:26 AM

I remember starting this thread waaay back when in one of the older versions of these forums and there were a lot of supporters, so did any of you guys ever ship Harry and Luna?

After I finished OotP I personally couldn't get enough of them and hoped they'd be endgame :P

tumblr_mriqxz8uQF1qe5udso9_250.gif

dude I am from like old old school ew forum days, it's been 84 years

tumblr | twitter | livejournal

#2 Dumbledores Woman

Dumbledores Woman

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

Aw, Harry/Luna are cute. Whilst I have always been/will always be a true H/G and R/Hr Shipper, I have enjoyed pairing Luna with just about everyone at some point or other in fandom. She is such a unique, fresh character with such an interesting dynamic with so many people - I find I can enjoy Harry/Luna, Ron/Luna, even Draco/Luna in fanart and fanfiction. In the books however, the nearest I've got to shipping Luna with someone is Dean for a while during the seventh book and more generally, Neville.

But yeah, good idea for a thread! For me the things which I like about Harry and Luna together are that she is so positive and free in herself, a breath of fresh air for Harry, and open-minded enough that she is one of few who are really capable of understanding him. The loss of their mother is also a bond they both share. Harry likewise, as an outsider himself, is more capable than most of understanding - and even being attracted to - Luna's loneliness and unconventional ways. They are both people who will never quite fit into 'normal' society, so I think there's a lot of common ground there which could have been a good basis had Harry and Luna been put together romantically.

Posted Image

Katharine. Atheist. Vegetarian. HP Fanatic.
Dumbledore's Woman Through And Through :)

My Fanfiction - Harry Potter and the Broken Pieces

#3 Mr. Pumpkinhead

Mr. Pumpkinhead

Advanced Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Mood::Happy =)
  • LocationLooking for Loooove in the Room of Requirement! ;)

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:59 AM

I could ship movie Harry/Luna a lot easier than book Harry/Luna I think.  Even though I could easily understand the appeal considering their personalities and histories. 

I was never big for the whole Luna/Neville thing that the movies (esp. DH2) tried to portray.  To me it seemed contrived simply to appeal to HP fans who liked the pairing.  I don't like when movies veer off from the canon just to pander to fandom. 

While I appreciate any fan's shipping choices I come down a bit harder on "shipping" when a movie director or producer is imparting their ideas and those stray from canon. 

Posted Image

Beautiful Emma Watson St. Patrick's Day signature graphic and icon by BoMa
special thank you to BoMa for her talent and her time and to Mr. and Mrs. Watson for having such a photogenic young lady. =p

MY E-FAMILY: e-married to Mrs. Pumpkinhead <3; e-niece: Kim and Kimberley (Kim Twins); e-grandkids: BoMa, Ardi, favorite e-grandchild: Arie<3; e-greatgrandchildren: Will =O, Sarah, Lindy; EX-e-nurse: Carlyn; e-son: Andrew e-daughter: Tara e-soninlaw: Chris e-bestie: Tom jsjs (don't tell Lolly)>.<

#4 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

Oh gosh to be honest I mean completely honest...ok...book version I wanted H/G always-they were meant to be together...BUT movie-I really wanted Harry and Luna together-there was something about them together...but overall no I would rather it be Harry and Ginny (which of course it was :)).

Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users