The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma to be in and guest edit Wonderland magazine

I picked up a copy at Smiths this morning. I got the cover with the pink to orange gradient with her hair down. The magazine is GORGEOUS (I have a bit of a "thing" for magazines... secretly I'd love to be a magazine designer although I actually work in interactive digital design). It's HUGE (I currently carry a reasonably sized Kate Spade bag-- this, but in black because it's winter ;) -- to/from work and it did not fit inside, plus is about an inch thick). Emma's section is about 50 pages long (the whole magazine comes in at 352 pages). The interviews are all great, especially for someone like me who loves creative people (i.e. she interviews Clint Mansell- a favourite film composer of mine, Tavi - who I love, Lorde- whose music I love, etc). Many of them are quite conversational which is a style that I really enjoy. 

It's such a nice magazine that I'm really shocked it was only a fiver. :)

wow seems so nice, too bad I'm over here I would have loved to be able to go buy it. I look forward for somebody to scan all that but 50 pages that's a whole lot!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can order it from the UK here, but it's rather pricey.

Try  larger newstands or booksellers with a large foreign magazine selection. Also, it may not be available yet if they do carry it. I've had to wait a few weeks sometimes for local bookstores to get copies of some UK magazines.

I tried to find this magazine but man I had a hard time finding it.   :( no luck.

it barely came out so be patient! you'll find it!

You can order it from the UK here, but it's rather pricey.

Try  larger newstands or booksellers with a large foreign magazine selection. Also, it may not be available yet if they do carry it. I've had to wait a few weeks sometimes for local bookstores to get copies of some UK magazines.

i had to ask a friend to help me out so I'll get it in a couple of weeks myself, I am keen to own the prada bruiser.

Whoa it's more than double the price on that site! 

I know when I lived in Canada and wanted to get .net magazine it always arrived there about a month after it came out in the UK. I've never seen Wonderland in Indigo/Chapters at home before though (and, like I said, I'm fairly obsessed with magazines!).

Whoa it's more than double the price on that site! 

I know when I lived in Canada and wanted to get .net magazine it always arrived there about a month after it came out in the UK. I've never seen Wonderland in Indigo/Chapters at home before though (and, like I said, I'm fairly obsessed with magazines!).

5 dollars is 10 pounds, and they add three more pounds to the price on magazinecafe.co.uk for the european delivery, coz for the rest is 20 pounds. Yeah...

I have settled with a friend to help me so he'll send it to me and I'll get in like 2 weeks from UK. That'd be so nice, I'm so anxious. Now I have to ''bribe'' my friend too.

Ahh this is what happens when one has the flu?!!!!! UGH I feel like I was on another planet being away from here but I literally couldn't get to my iPad even to read-I was sleeping day and night and missed a week of work...now I am back...

Ok without going all crazy and such I didn't find the JKR interview as bad as I thought. I am a DIE hard ROMIONE fan/shipper and it really was not so bad. Besides it did us R/Hr shippers a favor-re-ignited the passion for our couple ;) HEHE...

Anyway onto Emma: ok that is it, this girl, well young woman is hands down the most talented actress I have ever seen...her artwork is unreal-she has been hiding that talent....the pics are just simply stunning...the interviews have been so much fun to read...the Noah one was awesome...but UGH stagnate water???? YEAH...I drank some tainted water in Mexico once and well sick doesn't describe what you feel. Thank you for posting!!! Hope someone can scan the rest when they get their magazine!

Ok without going all crazy and such I didn't find the JKR interview as bad as I thought. I am a DIE hard ROMIONE fan/shipper and it really was not so bad. Besides it did us R/Hr shippers a favor-re-ignited the passion for our couple ;) HEHE.....her artwork is unreal-she has been hiding that talent....the pics are just simply stunning...the interviews have been so much fun to read...the Noah one was awesome..

the whole JO interview happened coz they miss the HARRY POTTER HYPE that was, around they films, premieres etc they misss it sooo much decided to stirr some cappucino's for people and stay home and enjoy the reactions from people like they used to get. It was 'bout time emma angered some folks, she's been too nice.

So she blew a cherry bomb and set us all 'angry'. You know she's pleased.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok when I have a bad day at work I am gonna come home and just have you say something on the forum - Your comments make me laugh so hard!!! :) I have to say yes it bothered me but after reading the whole interview, it was nothing-tbh it stirred back up the Romione shippers all over the boards-we have been in hibernation mode and with this interview it was like waking sleeping bears so JKR did Romione shippers a favor ;) ...truly I know I miss the HP hype not gonna lie! LOL But it is time to move onto other projects for Dan, Rupert, and Emma. All in all thought Emma did a great job with the interview and it was fun seeing her from that side of the table! :)

Finally.....

Back from a wonderful holiday at London I managed it to bring my very own copy of the "Wonderland-Mag" back to Austria. 5 pounds for a bunch of heavy paper.

1932164_10203257421503462_419373706_n.jp

I had to visit four (!) shops in Central London on the 7th of Feb. until I found this magazine behind some "more important" gardening-magazines. Happy to capture a copy I went to the till to pay and said something like: "Finally I found her....". The girl behind the counter smiled and said: "Yes. Fotoshop. A lot of fotoshop. Are you a professional fotoshopper?" --- Aaaah, what?

Then I found out - very surprised - that she was not "guest-editing" the whole magazine - as they said before - but only "her section". And, honestly, I could not find any "personal style" of her. Her section is in the same layout and in the same style as the rest of the magazine is. So what was she editing?

The interviews - well, it seems that nobody told her a golden rule of journalism: "Never, really never do a interview with a friend or let yourself be interviewed by a known friend".  In fact, the "talk" with Blasberg tells nothing really new, some old stories freshly cooked, and the other interviews are - well, interviews with friends, riding the old "Harry Potter-horse".

And - it is a hugh PR for Noah (a funny coincidense, half of England was already under water when the magazine came out), and she even confessed it, that the prime idea was PR for Noah.

So, for me, the interviews are.... but well, if you like it.
The pictures are - fotoshop or not - stunning and very good and I think, she is really loved by the camera.

And another thing, a guest editor is not meant to edit the whole magazine as in cut text, and arrange interviews etc, means to collab on collecting and putting the material together(apparently the case here); in most magazines, a guest editor has ONLY one column. This is huge, at 50 pages, so why not just enjoy it? Coz then why bother buying it? When you could have read through the whole thing, call it garbage and call it a day?

Don't be so harsh on her for having an ooportunity like this. She's not a people pleaser and well she cannot be one. There's too many of us(all Earth modern people). Whatever she wanted to do is good, she'll do better next time too, coz she already has experience on it with this one. The girl selling it call it Photoshop work when they didn't even change backgrounds is like....FUNNY. If i had ice-cream it would melt in her hair.

I'll come back with an honest opinion about the whole thing after reading through.

I am not an editor by any means but I give Emma HUMONGOUS props for doing this...this did not seem like a small feat at all...I really enjoyed reading the interviews of everyone...her questions were REALLY good and fun to read...I am not kidding but interviewers that interview her NEED to start thinking of better questions and stop being so redundant all the time. She worked SO hard on this!!! GO EMMA!!!!! :)

Elena, I will be very curious to hear your take on this. :)

Thank you for providing scans. That was very kind!

It is no big deal; I just think she could have done more out of this instead only making "interviews" with her closest friends...... And her interview should have been made by a real independend journalist and not by buddy Blasberg. But as I said, if you like it..... be happy.

I forgot two more scans yesterday.... Sorry for the poor quality, but it was difficult to get the heavy mag in my scanner....

1899958_706156796089015_1353673256_n.jpg

1779225_706156619422366_26933582_n.jpg

Oh, and of course they announced, that she is editing "the whole issue"....

1969386_706368929401135_489842703_n.jpg

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

You being one of my fave online uncles(you're funny like that).....Gues editor is like an assistant to the editor example ''do you like tavi gevinson?'' ''yes'' '''interview her'' ''that'd be cool'' sort of thing. She didn't edit any text maybe within her own 50 pages, she had a say about who she prefers and who's going to be in the magazine, along with the dude(s) who is/are in charge. We dunno how they worked, so again stop being so harsh on 'er.

I am not harsh to her; I am simply disappointed with the written part, because she had no better ideas...... And beeing interviewed by Blasberg is simply stupid, it is like "Oh, write the interview and send it to me to read it. If it is ok, we have no need to meet. Derek."

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

I am not an editor by any means but I give Emma HUMONGOUS props for doing this...this did not seem like a small feat at all...I really enjoyed reading the interviews of everyone...her questions were REALLY good and fun to read...I am not kidding but interviewers that interview her NEED to start thinking of better questions and stop being so redundant all the time. She worked SO hard on this!!! GO EMMA!!!!! :)

Elena, I will be very curious to hear your take on this. :)

Thank you for providing scans. That was very kind!

I cannot wait to get it, I am too excited for it, i have her vogue UK magazine and I knew that I want this one too, and it's probably as heavy as a brick.

I thought the Vogue mag was heavy in the package how about the over 300 pages one? This will be oh so very interesting to read from front to back.

1,2 kg, to be exact.

You're officially my new stats man online. I have one on youtube/facebook and one here yay for me <3

Now, on a more serious note, lifting that will make my muscles bigger. Reading it will entertain my brain too.

But darn that's heavy!