The Emma-Watson.net Forum

JK admits Hermione should have wed Harry

As I shipped Harry/Hermione I do not really feel any real enjoyment for this. As said, the books are already written, Rowling admitting she might be mistaken does not change how the books were written and won't change my opinion about them. The canon couples were only a small part why I cared less about 6 and 7 having Harry/Hermione in it would not have made them that much better. 

i don't put any stock in media-generated publicity and author/cast interviews years after books and films, because i have personally gotten much entertaiment value out of both the books and films, and nothing will ever change that. i get just as much enjoyment today when i watch my HP films on blu-ray or read the books i bought each year they came out, as i did back then. i still remember sitting on the sidewalk in a massive line of people, both kids, teenagers, and adults, at a Barnes n Noble, waiting many hours to get my copy of Deathly Hallows. i had damn fun waiting, and no amount of contraversey and author-generated revisionist media publicity will change that.

MY HP BOOKS AND FILMS ARE CANON! :happydance:

• 1 month later...

In my opinion, if it wouldn't have been Ron, thank god it wasn't Harry. Simply because of the cliche. Main hero gets the main heroine would have been way too predictable. Rather she'd end up with someone completely else.
Like a muggle. Who lives in Finland. 
Please.