The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson to Star in Thriller ‘Regression’

Alejandro Amenábar (“The Othersâ€) is directing the movie, which will be released in 2015 by TWC-Dimension

“Harry Potter†actress Emma Watson has signed on to star opposite Ethan Hawke in Alejandro Amenábar’s upcoming thriller “â€Regression,†which will be released by TWC-Dimension in 2015,TheWrap has learned.

Amenábar (“The Othersâ€) will direct from his own original screenplay, while his longtime partner Fernando Bovaira will produce for his MOD Entertainment banner along with Canadian producer Christina Piovesan.

FilmNation Entertainment is handling international sales for the film, which is keeping plot details under wraps.

“I am passionate about Alejandro and his work and am so happy to be collaborating with him. I’m really excited by the challenge my character presents to me as an actress. I can’t wait to begin,†said Watson.

“Emma is a beautiful, humane, sensitive and very talented woman, and I feel very fortunate to be working with her. I’m sure that her long-standing stellar career has barely begun,†said Amenábar.

“Regression†finds Amenábar returning to the thriller genre, where he and Dimension previously had great success with the Nicole Kidman movie “The Others,†which grossed over $200 million worldwide.

The film marks the fourth planned release under TWC-Dimension, which has Bob Weinstein and Harvey Weinstein teaming up to acquire, develop, produce and distribute films for which they both share a common passion. The Weinsteins have been primarily responsible for their own labels in recent years, but TWC-Dimension will allow the two to join forces and combine some of the core prestigious sensibilities of a TWC release with the mainstream sensibilities of a Dimension title. The new company’s other movies include “Paddington,†“Passengers†and “Murder Mystery.â€

Watson, who is best known for playing Hermione in the “Harry Potter†franchise, last starred in Sofia Coppola’s “The Bling Ring†and played herself in Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg’s apocalyptic comedy “This Is the End.†Watson next stars alongside Russell Crowe and Jennifer Connelly in Darren Aronofsky’s biblical epic “Noah.â€

Watson is repped by WME and Markham Froggatt Irwin.

source

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMDb has a few details:

Storyline: A father is accused of a crime he has no memory of committing.

Language: English

Release Date: 28 August 2015 (USA)

Comments: Shoots this spring. 

Updated: 7 November 2013 

Synopsis: set in 1980 in a small Minnesota town where a man is arrested for sexually abusing his daughter. He admits his guilt despite having no memory of it. With the help of a psychologist, he relives the memories and implicates a police officer as his partner in crime. The man’s estranged son and other townspeople are also suddenly able to relive suppressed memories of horrific abuse. At the same time, the local news reports blame a Satanic cult that has been performing rituals of orgies, assault, killing animals and even babies, for years. The officers are alarmed when similar reports come in from all around the country—they believe they’ve uncovered a national and possibly supernatural conspiracy. Is the abuse real, or something else?

The air of mystery is very reminiscent of The Others.
Edited by Roberto

How sad.....She's fallen under the control/manipulation of Bob/Harvey Weinstein. These guys want to OWN and 

CONTROL everybody in Hollywood. Most actors consider them a joke. Jennifer Lawrence was the only one

that got on stage and called them out, she said, "Thank you for killing whoever you had to so I could get this award"!!!  

(Oscars acceptance speech 2013). They pay everybody off so their movies will win. They're totally disgusting!!

I don't like the way it sounds, the synopsis....too weird not even in a horns way kind of weird. I'm reading Horns by Joe Hill and it's a fun book to read and the film will be even better but this....

Actually, the source on that synopsis isn't official. It's more of a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt.

Okay, well I look forward to more official stuff to come out, if they really film this year then she'll be on a roll, shoots, stills, etc.

The film marks the fourth planned release under TWC-Dimension, which has Bob Weinstein and Harvey Weinstein teaming up to acquire, develop, produce and distribute films for which they both share a common passion. The Weinsteins have been primarily responsible for their own labels in recent years, but TWC-Dimension will allow the two to join forces and combine some of the core prestigious sensibilities of a TWC release with the mainstream sensibilities of a Dimension title. The new company’s other movies include “Paddington,†“Passengers†and “Murder Mystery.â€

UGH I don't know...creepy and I hate movies like this. But I support Emma in her career so I will see it probs LOL...guess yes we will need to wait and see...it does seem these guys are taking over Hollywood lately.

http://entretenimiento.terra.com.mx/cine/emma-watson-inicia-rodaje-de-regression-en-canada,b8de5c3c75044410VgnVCM10000098cceb0aRCRD.html

Filming is reportedly starting in a few weeks, and Emma will be filming in Toronto for seven days.

The article also mentions that Emma's fee for this project is rumoured to be €600,000.

what do you mean by emma's fee? emma pays to be in the movie or they pay her this amount?

http://entretenimiento.terra.com.mx/cine/emma-watson-inicia-rodaje-de-regression-en-canada,b8de5c3c75044410VgnVCM10000098cceb0aRCRD.html

Filming is reportedly starting in a few weeks, and Emma will be filming in Toronto for seven days.

The article also mentions that Emma's fee for this project is rumoured to be €600,000.

What makes this source more reliable than the other?? Still a grain of salt??? Just wondering.

Famous actors get to choose the fee they charge for their work.

Not Famous actors usually charge an amount set by the Screen Actors Guild.

Oh, right! Well She's Emma to the W to the a......

Harvey Weinstein must definitly have a crush on her.... € 600.000,-- (or approx. $ 500.000,--) as salary for Emma for a movie, which can not be easely sold to her HP-fan-family, is much money.

yeah it is a huge amount for such little time of work(a week?) but good for her. I'm happy when I'm paid more too so I understand.

What makes this source more reliable than the other?? Still a grain of salt??? Just wondering.

The filming details aren't rumours. That is being reported as fact. They could be wrong, but I doubt it.

The money amount, however is very much unconfirmable, and should definitely be taken with a grain of salt.

Harvey Weinstein must definitly have a crush on her.... € 600.000,-- (or approx. $ 500.000,--) as salary for Emma for a movie, which can not be easely sold to her HP-fan-family, is much money.

For actors as famous as Emma, I would categorize anything less than a million as low.

I think it's so low because this isn't a traditional big studio film, so the production budget is probably reflective of this low figure.

Also, the financing for this movie is coming from Spain and Canada. The Weinsteins are just distributing.

Well, it might be € 600.000,-- befor taxes, but still.... even € 300.000,-- are much money......

And Weinstein... well, bodylanguage says it all... :blink:

such a jerk that guy, and look at sophie being like ' what are you doing?' and emma's like 'oh no he didn't''

Well, Jonny---I usually don't agree with you, but this time---100%!!!!! There's another photo of her just getting out

of his limo, and she looks like she wants to turn around and slap him in the face. He had his hands all over her, like he

does with all the young actresses.  :tongue0020: I bet at that point, she wished she had a real wand. 

Btw, at the Oscars last year, one of those Hollywood show reporters was playing a game with the stars as they came in

on the red carpet. They had to guess what time the show would end, and they would win a "special" prize. That "special" prize

was dinner with Harvey. :tongue0020:

So, Catherine Zeta Jones guessed about 11 pm, and then asked what the "special" prize was. When she found out, she

said, "I want to change my answer"!!! Then I think it was Clooney or Pitt that came up next, guessed, and when they found

out, said, "Ewwwww.....he's a hairy guy--I want to change my answer"!!! My point being--Harvey's got a bad reputation in that

town, and NOBODY wants to work with him. That's why he's had to change the name of his production/distribution company. That's

the only way he can get the young actresses like Emma to work for him. :tongue0020: I'm really surprised that she fell for this after what

happened at the premiere of MWWM.

It doesn't matter if he's just distributing---he's still involved in the success of this movie, and he's using Emma for $$$$$$ gain.

I could explain it to you, why she is doing that movie - but I will not start arguing again and say only: Go, Emma, and show us your talent in a dramatic movie. After all I am still waiting for that.....

I think, the "casting couch" ist still very common in Hollywood and even in the british film industry. Emma, I grant her that, is certainly not jumping on this couch, so this is why it takes so long to get a demanding leading part in a movie.

I could explain it to you, why she is doing that movie - but I will not start arguing again and say only: Go, Emma, and show us your talent in a dramatic movie. After all I am still waiting for that.....

I think, the "casting couch" ist still very common in Hollywood and even in the british film industry. Emma, I grant her that, is certainly not jumping on this couch, so this is why it takes so long to get a demanding leading part in a movie.

I agree on this yes. As you said it's gonna take a while, she said she's in it for the long run and so are we.

Again we will just need to see what happens...and yes Elena we are ALL in it for the long run :) Sorry not much else to say just waiting to see what happens :)

SS...that guy seems like such a CREEP...ugh...

can't wait to see her in this, after all to have such a hot dad Ethan Hawke nice one....you can't say no to an offer like this Emma knows.