The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson to Star in Thriller ‘Regression’

She's probably improved a lot.

Also since she's been practically living in the USA for quite some time now, she might have been able to pick up the American accent better.

I'm sure she'll be better!

What do you mean by "the American accent"?  There is no singular American accent.  That said, I don't think she'd ever pick up on a Minnesotan accent by residing in NYC.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean by "the American accent"?  There is no singular American accent.  That said, I don't think she'd ever pick up on a Minnesotan accent by residing in NYC.

you could learn any accent by listening to it and working with a dialect coach or whatever they're called.

you could learn any accent by listening to it and working with a dialect coach or whatever they're called.

Exactly and especially in New York City and and brown because there are literally people from every state that go there

That's odd.  Where do you see anything stated about working with a dialect coach in Ashley's comment?

Also since she's been practically living in the USA for quite some time now, she might have been able to pick up the American accent better.

She's probably improved a lot.

I'm sure she'll be better!

Well, since Emma's been attending Brown University (Rhode Island) she might've mastered their accent (a.k.a Eastern New England accent). However, they are different compared to Minnesotans (a.k.a Upper Midwest accent). We'll just have to wait until the trailer comes out and see. 

That's odd.  Where do you see anything stated about working with a dialect coach in Ashley's comment?

um, sup with that?! me and ashley didnțt argue or anything, everybody's friendly, as bagel of death mentioned, we'll have to wait and see what she sounds like in her character, first of all ashley didn't mention anything about a dialect coach I DID. ashley and I are excited to see more of this, and I know for a fact, emma had/has to work with one coach for finding the character's voice for the filom, hence she's british. I responded like this:

because I truly believe that.  Peace out. Helen out.

I love thrillers and I am so going to look forward to this film. I'm also curious how Emma is going to pull off the Minnesota accent. I must admit I thought her acting was great in Perks, but the accent was not as good as I would hope. It was too stressed and unconvincing. However, she's probably gotten more training over time. Hopefully this will be different.  

Minnesotan accent? I hope not . She just needs to stick with a generic Midwestern.  :unsure: 

I'm not really going to focus on the accent as long as she sounds American/Canadian instead of British. I mean it's really silly to do that. I have a Southern accent but I sound nothing like Paula Deen when I talk but that still doesn't mean she or I aren't Southern. Unless someone really lives in that area or is Saoirse Ronan it's almost impossible to do a perfect accent. It's like the song "Hey Brother" by Avicii...a lot of people I know don't like it because they say he's trying too hard to do a Southern accent and they can tell. But I love the song and I personally know people who speak with a strong accent like that from certain areas nearby...so to me focusing too much on such a simple thing could take away from what is essentially a great story/song or what have you. I have no idea what a Minnesota accent would sound like so I think only a person born in Minnesota would be affected by this. My main focus is the hopes that this film is great and that Emma's acting in it is great and if "The Others" is anything to go by then this film is going to be Awesome IMO. Ex:

I'm not really going to focus on the accent as long as she sounds American/Canadian instead of British. I mean it's really silly to do that. I have a Southern accent but I sound nothing like Paula Deen when I talk but that still doesn't mean she or I aren't Southern. Unless someone really lives in that area or is Saoirse Ronan it's almost impossible to do a perfect accent. It's like the song "Hey Brother" by Avicii...a lot of people I know don't like it because they say he's trying too hard to do a Southern accent and they can tell. But I love the song and I personally know people who speak with a strong accent like that from certain areas nearby...so to me focusing too much on such a simple thing could take away from what is essentially a great story/song or what have you. I have no idea what a Minnesota accent would sound like so I think only a person born in Minnesota would be affected by this. My main focus is the hopes that this film is great and that Emma's acting in it is great and if "The Others" is anything to go by then this film is going to be Awesome IMO. Ex:

amen

Agreed

When I want to find the answer to something, I'll at least do a search for it first.  So all you had to do was:

1. Go to http://google.com .

2. Type in When does the movie Regression come out? in the search bar and hit Enter.

3. You would have seen the answer at the top of the page:  http://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=When+does+the+movie+Regression+come+out%3F

Are you even capable of doing that much, yes or no?

I'm very excited for this movie, I probably wouldnt care on what accent she'll have :P I hope I won't missed this one.

You know, you could type out the question in a search engine bar and find out for yourself.

actually she can search it on Google but she said she doesn't trust Google that much on release dates, which is btw that she's not the only one who is like that and you can 'Google' that for yourself if it's not too much for you, or if you have time and if you want proof (which i feel that you will do because I think you will have this feeling that you have to answer to my post and it's not that hustle isn't, like what you did and posted that picture) and btw Why not Yahoo or bing or etc? Maybe because she knows she's on a Emma Watson fansite (and her question is related to Ms. Emma) and maybe some Emma Watson fans can answer her question (but she's not obligating anybody to answer her). She's been here since 2003 and she knows who she can trust for facts. But you just popped out and starting being rude to her instead of talking to her politely. I don't know what you feel for being rude to someone, but please before 'googling' anything, start 'googling' how to have respect for others and how to talk to others in a simple manner. but if Google can't answer that please ask your parents to send you back to grade 1.

I said what I wanted to say, I will not talk about this anymore. And sorry dookie for this. *sigh*

Some people act like they are on a menstrual struggle, why take it on the internet on someone younger? Anyway, it is a long time till we will get this film but I can wait for her.

This film is interesting and yeah I will not care much about accents, but the acting is what I will look forward seeing.