The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson to Star in Thriller ‘Regression’

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perks was filmed in my original hometown of Pittsburgh, PA, and i thought Emma's American accent for the film was good enough to pass as a Northern accent, and through quite a few viewings of Perks, her acting and accent has stood the scrutiny and test of time. love that film! looking forward to this next film......

Release date of Regression is 28 August 2015. This is the first date so far. That depends if they finish production on time.

That's really far away ! I thought that kind of movie didn't need so much time for editing and stuff. 

That's really far away ! I thought that kind of movie didn't need so much time for editing and stuff.

Movie editing takes soooooooo long

Also is this an independent film?

That could be why it will take so long too

You mean when you chose a date that won't put the movie the same week as other big movies, promotion and things like that ? 

Yes, things like promotion or they position certain types of movies at particular time during the year more advantageous for box office return.  Studios get the largest returns during the Summer and Fall. The 25th of August would put it towards the end of the Summer and before the Fall release times. Movies like this seem to come out in the at this time or in the Spring.   :)

Edited by sparkvark111

Oh ok thanks !

I really thought that summer was not a good time for movies. Just like TV shows, a lot of them, a lot of emissions stop in summer. 

Of course it depends on region, but in general, Summer and Fall are usually where most of your blockbusters are released. This is the time that people take off for holidays or breaks from school or work. Other reasons to release between Summer and Fall is to show movies before awards or for smaller or independent movie releases.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...