The Emma-Watson.net Forum

@dook: Money can buy you everything.......

For people like Emma who loves education, buying a degree would be an great insult to them. I don't see anything point why she would do that.

Edited by KITTY

For people like Emma who loves education, buying a degree would be an great insult to them. I don't see anything point why she would do that.

I do not say that she buy/bought her degree; but the way she went to get it, was exceptional and I bet, not for every student available. And we all know, a donation to a university can make many things possible.

I do not say that she buy/bought her degree; but the way she went to get it, was exceptional and I bet, not for every student available. And we all know, a donation to a university can make many things possible.

what is exceptional is the way you go after her. It took her more time than to the average student to graduate. She had to take time off to promote Harry Potter and do these films that we saw and talked about. It ain't easy to go to university, some people DO NOT AFFORD it, like I didn't afford it, it does take money to go to a IVY LEAGUE uni. But to suppose she paid her degree is rubbish, if she had her professors would have made it public and it wouldn't be Hermione. I read the ELLE interview and I haven't come across that,.......I reconsider buying glasses coz I haven't seen it ANYWHERE. Even if they stated June, I have no idea what is the program of a uni in Ivy League in the US. To me it's obvious you deny everything she does, and to you she's wrong with saying she graduates in may, we'll wait and see the robe photos.

Edited by Elena

Emma didn't say June. If she did you would have seen quotation marks around the sentence.

The editor put June because they were doing background research for the article, after-the-fact, and made a mistake.

That's how these interviews work.

Emma doesn't provide every interviewer with her life history and future plans.

That's the editor's job. Blame them.

Are you joking? Do you really not know how magazine interviews work?

Yes. First, there is a fact-sheet prepeared for the journalist, with accurate facts and informations about fixed engagements and projects, the artist wants to promote / inform about. You can also list a bunch of topics, the artist wants to adress (f.e. "Camfed", "Cateringservice in NY", "The End of my friendship with Sophie"). Then, normally, it is checked with the journalist befor the interview by a pr-person, what he wants to know. So you can - as artist - check, what you don't want to discuss, what is a no go and so on. Prepeared is not only the journalist, but the artist, too. Means that he knows when he graduates, when he appears on tv in the upcoming future ecc.

Ok, maybe Ms. Watson's interviews are prepeared in another way, maybe over some tequilas, but I worked with a real Oscar-winning actor and this was the benchmark for all other PR-projects with artists, I did.

Emma is - still - badly adviced and I thank Rowan Atkinson for the word, I searched so long for: "PR-Nitwits".

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

They met up at a bar and had a conversation.

That conversation represents the totality of Emma's involvement.

Everything surrounding that conversation was researched and written by the editor, who then submitted it to Elle.

This isn't a junket interview, or Inside The Actor's Studio.

It's just a conversation.

Yes, I blame her to have the most incompetent PR-team in the whole industry, when it comes to accuracy and truth. Why is she so often  blamend to be "contradicting" or a "liar"? And, honestly, she has enough actual stuff to talk about; letting the journalists cooking up the oldest possible stuff (f.e. "rubber", "food-delivery") for a actual interview with her is simply amateurish.

Yes, I blame her to have the most incompetent PR-team in the whole industry, when it comes to accuracy and truth. Why is she so often  blamend to be "contradicting" or a "liar"? And, honestly, she has enough actual stuff to talk about; letting the journalists cooking up the oldest possible stuff (f.e. "rubber", "food-delivery") for a actual interview with her is simply amateurish.

she isn't blamed by anyone else, you are the ONLY one cooking up stuff all over the forum, the rubber/eraser story is from the d. letterman show from one of her uni classes; the food delivery happened when she was filming noah in NYC during hurricane sandy - actual stories, not smh elle usa came up with. I doubt anyone thinking straight could call her an amateur when she's been working since 9 years old. she knows interviewers/journalists make stuff up so she really is used to it by now, she doesn't even care that there's online trolls on her ass, she's shaking it off. After all, she's the Watson diva That keeps you talking and writing.

she isn't blamed by anyone else, you are the ONLY one cooking up stuff all over the forum, the rubber/eraser story is from the d. letterman show from one of her uni classes; the food delivery happened when she was filming noah in NYC during hurricane sandy - actual stories, not smh elle usa came up with. I doubt anyone thinking straight could call her an amateur when she's been working since 9 years old. she knows interviewers/journalists make stuff up so she really is used to it by now, she doesn't even care that there's online trolls on her ass, she's shaking it off. After all, she's the Watson diva That keeps you talking and writing.

ACTUAL stories? Come on, the hurrican happend in 2012, the rubber-thing in 2011 or 2012... Now we have 2014

I always forget the golden rule, that Ms. Watson can never do something wrong.

"If Emma will drive over a pedestrian with her car, all her fans will stand in the street, shouting and cheering. Well done, Emma, bullseye!"!

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

ACTUAL stories? Come on, the hurrican happend in 2012, the rubber-thing in 2011 or 2012... Now we have 2014

I always forget the golden rule, that Ms. Watson can never do something wrong.

"If Emma will drive over a pedestrian with her car, all her fans will stand in the street, shouting and cheering. Well done, Emma, bullseye!"!

Take a break, learn to relax more often, in the real world.

LOL!!!!!....OH OH I KNOW!!!!!! ELLE!!!!! How dare you listen to Emma's words Dooks!!!! FOR SHAME ;) But I am disappointed in US Elle magazine...all US colleges/universities graduations are either May or December. NOT JUNE. Bad Elle! LOL 

There are quite a few that have the graduation ceremonies in June, but Elle (and virtually all magazines) could do a better job editing and fact checking. On the other hand, most people wouldn't think a minor thing like that of any importance, and certainly wouldn't say Emma is lying.

Precisely....either way I don't care if she graduates in October LOL-Emma says she is doing something from her own mouth I trust it. I am also getting tired of some people here calling her a liar. It is getting so freakin old.