The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Happy graduation Emma!

Congratulations! I'm so happy for her!

The video is on YouTube too:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=60Rnqdqf9dc

Awe she looks so cute and happy!!!

Omg, I'm officially worried for her life now!

Look at the last picture...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emilyhennen/emma-watsons-graduation-pal-was-actually-an-undercover-bodyg?bffb&s=mobile

I think she looks fine...I'm sure that she didn't mind security there. It's not really THAT huge of a deal. I'm sure she's used to security being around her for things like this. I mean it's not exactly new to her. You have to remember that she's been in the public eye since she was 9.

Awe she looks so cute and happy!!!

I think she looks fine...I'm sure that she didn't mind security there. It's not really THAT huge of a deal. I'm sure she's used to security being around her for things like this. I mean it's not exactly new to her. You have to remember that she's been in the public eye since she was 9.

exactly, she wants protection, coz maniacs are all around.

I'm surprised by how much attention the cop got by the press. Not sure why the press went crazy over it.

But Emma looked absolutely beautiful(what else is new?). It's always great seeing her happy and she should be proud of herself. She's worked hard for this. :)

I'm surprised by how much attention the cop got by the press. Not sure why the press went crazy over it.

But Emma looked absolutely beautiful(what else is new?). It's always great seeing her happy and she should be proud of herself. She's worked hard for this. :)

Not sure? Well, the whole PR-stunt around her graduation was well coreographed. Emma had not ONE, but FOUR bodyguards during the event, which brings her in a league with the American President, The Queen or the Pope. The armed female officer which dressed up as a graduate too, to be able to sit with Emma during the ceremony (only graduees and ONE relative are alowed normally) was only one of a group of security personell. There was Denise (understandable), a officer of the Brown security team, a gentleman with earphone and the undercover-officer with a visible gun. I think she overestameted her impact on the ceremony; the 2000 other graduees had obviously better things to do then approaching her and asking for selfies or autographs. I always thougt that Emma is a down-to-earth girl, but this stunt.... Really.

But Luke Windsor achieved what he tried to achive: Emma was for days in the newspapers, first because of her spontantanious need for top-protection (I wonder how she can run around in London without any bodyguard) and then with her graduation.

1508053_757094460995248_5681461571768475

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

I was actually wondering when will you come here and be proud emma graduated. It actually happened. How did you do that? W/out any assistance?

This is amazing, i mean a BA is quite an achievement. I'm glad you agree.

It was a lot of security, but better safe than sorry. Also it was widely known she would be there, therefore much easier for a crazy stalker (like some weirdo on the Internet who is obsessed with her to the point where he feels personally offended by her every move, memorizes everything she's ever said, gets her address off people so they can go look at her house in London, brings her up in conversation with random people at pubs so they can bash her, writes creepy stories about her, makes diagrams in an attempt to make some kind of irrelevant point, etc etc etc) to find her. Unlike in London where she'd be unannounced and a lot more anonymous. She obviously lives a life and isn't afraid to walk around alone/with a friend, yet there aren't new paparazzi pics every day as far as I can tell. So, yes, one is obviously riskier than the other. There obviously were people who wanted to make money off her there, so who knows who else could be there?  

Well Elena,

I have to accept that she has now a degree. Big deal! But I will not judge the quality of this degree, because for me some questions are still unanswered (and I think they will remain unanswered).

How is it possible that she did a form of studying which is not available to other students? Brown does not offer online-studies on their website, exept some "teasers" for kids from highschools.

How was it secured that she did the same amount of work (in volume as in time) like “normal†students at Brown?

What method was used to verify that all the written stuff she did online was done by her alone and not by a payed “ghost-writer�

What method was used to verify that she did all the library work on her own and not by aids who gave her the results?

Was there substitute work for parts of the study (group-works, discussions, exkursions) she could not do because she was not present at Brown?

Why was it possible for her as british citizen to do a year “overseas-study†in her homeland, which is uncommon and not possible according to the rules of british universities.

What was done that she was able to do a form of study normally not possible at Oxford (or the other british uni, I do not have the name present)?

Obviously she never did oral exams in front of professors. What was done instead to verify the genuinity of the results of her studies?

How much money – besides the normal fees for attending Brown – was donated or offered to Brown by her or her people for the special treatment?

So many questions.....

@ling:
Oh god, she was sooooo in danger there. This is by far the greatest nonsense I have read for months. Take a Glock 17S (a semi-automatic weapon, often used in shooting at schools) with the apropriate bullets and you can fire 25 bullets a second. This weapon can be bought free in the US. If there would be a creepy stalker, she would have no chance. It would be over in a second. (And NO, of course I want that this will never happen to her. Its just a example for the hype that was produced there.) But it is stupid to say that four bodyguards can give her full protection. And that she is not happy about interacting with fans we know. So.....)

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

What are you talking about? Google "Brown University Independent Study":

http://www.brown.edu/academics/college/support/faculty/independent-study-options

http://bulletin.brown.edu/independentstudyplans/

http://brown.edu/academics/college/advising/curricular-resource-center/independent-studies/independent-studies

http://www.brown.edu/academics/college/degree/course-options/independent-study

You know. Just the first few links. Not even the in-depth information she could easily get from an advisor. They even have programs specifically for students who will be based internationally.

She did the degree in 5 years... so she would have had less classes per semester than a full-time student. That's obvious. But MANY students are not full-time students. So this isn't very surprising. 

Brown isn't some community college. People take this stuff seriously. They also take things like plagiarism very seriously. We're talking IVY LEAGUE here. Again, you act like you know where she is every day of her life. You don't know how often she was on campus handing things in, working with advisors, doing presentations. There's not even close to a record of Emma's every move online. She lived in New York most of the time... not very far from Rhode Island. 

As for overseas studies being "uncommon and not possible according to the rules of british universities"... I'll let all my friends doing/ who did/ who will do their years abroad in the UK know that this is apparently not allowed. I'm sure they, their universities, and the British universities they are studying at/ they have studied at/will be studying at come autumn will all be thrilled to have your input. I'll tell one of my best friends who will be studying over here in September to refund her plane ticket and reject the British university's offer because Jonny says it's not possible.  :rolleyes: 

You're really completely ridiculous. This is all COMMON SENSE or things that are very easily Googled. 

P.S. If you need quotes about how Emma did independent studies from Emma herself here's from her Rookie interview:

I know you’re going back to Brown this fall, after taking a couple of years off for work. What made you decide on that school?

A few different things. I really like the fact that it has a very open curriculum, that there aren’t any requirements. Really, I’ve kind of been in charge of my own education since I started out on Potter when I was 9 or 10, and I liked that I could design my own major if I wanted to, and I could take independent studies if I wanted to on subjects that weren’t necessarily in the curriculum. I did an independent study on the psychology and philosophy of how and why we fall in love, which was awesome. [Laughs]

Whoa! Do you know why? Can you tell me?

[Laughs] We’d need like six hours! Opportunities like that, and the idea of classes being pass/fail, make it sound as if you don’t have to work as hard, but it actually gives you the freedom to try out things that you wouldn’t be able to do if you had to get a certain GPA on your transcript. It lets you take classes that you wouldn’t otherwise. And it attracts a certain type of student: [someone] very independent who wants to take responsibility and control of what they’re learning. That really appealed to me as well.

This kind of thing is especially easy to do with an English degree. Yeah, if she had been pre-med, I would maybe have questions about lab time. But for English Literature? No. It's all analyzing texts and writing essays. Classroom time is not as important. She did a foundation year full-time on campus as many people do, she did time at Oxford, she took classes at NYU and did independent study... sounds like a really great, well-rounded experience, one which easily culminates into an English degree.

Independent study is HARD! I finished my undergrad degree on campus...But I did the last 6 credits of my first Masters online, plus I took one modular...which is basically like a class in a week with a pre-class assignments and a post class final. I finished my entire second Masters online while working full time for an insurance company. It's hard because you're tired when you get home from work & you have a lot more busy work in online classes IMO. I didn't go to Brown but I imagine the experience is similar. I can't even imagine how hard it was for Emma to finish school while making movies.

Congrats to her!

Well Elena,

I have to accept that she has now a degree. Big deal! But I will not judge the quality of this degree, because for me some questions are still unanswered (and I think they will remain unanswered).

How is it possible that she did a form of studying which is not available to other students? Brown does not offer online-studies on their website, exept some "teasers" for kids from highschools.

How was it secured that she did the same amount of work (in volume as in time) like “normal†students at Brown?

What method was used to verify that all the written stuff she did online was done by her alone and not by a payed “ghost-writer�

What method was used to verify that she did all the library work on her own and not by aids who gave her the results?

Was there substitute work for parts of the study (group-works, discussions, exkursions) she could not do because she was not present at Brown?

Why was it possible for her as british citizen to do a year “overseas-study†in her homeland, which is uncommon and not possible according to the rules of british universities.

What was done that she was able to do a form of study normally not possible at Oxford (or the other british uni, I do not have the name present)?

Obviously she never did oral exams in front of professors. What was done instead to verify the genuinity of the results of her studies?

How much money – besides the normal fees for attending Brown – was donated or offered to Brown by her or her people for the special treatment?

So many questions.....

@ling:

Oh god, she was sooooo in danger there. This is by far the greatest nonsense I have read for months. Take a Glock 17S (a semi-automatic weapon, often used in shooting at schools) with the apropriate bullets and you can fire 25 bullets a second. This weapon can be bought free in the US. If there would be a creepy stalker, she would have no chance. It would be over in a second. (And NO, of course I want that this will never happen to her. Its just a example for the hype that was produced there.) But it is stupid to say that four bodyguards can give her full protection. And that she is not happy about interacting with fans we know. So.....)

I will be in the role of Dr. Frasier Crane.  You will be in the role of Cliff Clavin.

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

....................basically loads of bullsh** coming from you. You're talking about Hermione, who takes her education seriously even if she didn't have to, AT ALL. Coz she's already wealthy and could easily do anything else. I'm done. I don't understand why are you here, to bash everything about her, can you actually switch up celebrities, maybe emma stone? hence you love anything that is named emma.

Well, everyone knows that she only had all the security because of Jonny.

Also, by describing so precisely all the security personnel and their roles, he proves he was studying the possibility of... Well, studying some plans is enough here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although it's nice to go and look around and know the places, I have to say you must live your own life, ou know?

Example, I was kind if disappointed when I spent a week at Méribel, I thought the place was so crowded and dead at the same time...

Another example, If I wanted to live a life like hers, I would go look for a job in London, but instead i spent a holiday week there than I came to Switzerland, far far away, because here is where I like.

Now let's hope I can actually find a job...

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...