The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The reason was in the first place that I thought to find people here who see her how she really is - a human being with much range to improve, but also with mistakes and errors. She is NOT 100% perfect and she is NOT able to do each and everything without any training or without making mistakes.

There are so many times when I absolutely disagree with you because 99% of the time you are way too harsh for a fan forum(most HP die-hards) but in that you are right, who stated otherwise? let's not get into a fight over ''you put emma on a pedestal, she's not a role model'', or let's just not fight at all.

I never said or written the other way but this mentioned above by you. Even if you wrote this, you know what you do? Bring down everything she does, she's actually prepping her ground for what is to come, she had to take things slowly, there's no need to hurry. She's already proved that she can be a blockbuster success, a rising, promising talent, and that she's grounded -- didn't get drunk on all that that she already achieved. Let her take her time. Can you stop criticizing her every move and choice? An artist needs space and time and freedom. The end.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we even arguing about this?

All I can say is, if dan can do BROADWAY (when he can't even song well...at all) then I have no doubt that Emma who CAN sing can do a musical.

Also, I'm 100% that musicals have TONS of training and rehearsals before even starting filming

Why are we even arguing about this?

All I can say is, if dan can do BROADWAY (when he can't even song well...at all) then I have no doubt that Emma who CAN sing can do a musical.

Also, I'm 100% that musicals have TONS of training and rehearsals before even starting filming

Dan is amazing! He can sing even opera! I heard it from his Young Doc's Notebook. But he trained for years taking singing lessons and dancing lessons, so yeah Emma can do the same and blow people's minds. They do lots of rehearsals for the choreos for the film from months before. I have no doubt Emma can be a huge success with singing and dancing.

Dan is amazing! He can sing even opera! I heard it from his Young Doc's Notebook. But he trained for years taking singing lessons and dancing lessons, so yeah Emma can do the same and blow people's minds. They do lots of rehearsals for the choreos for the film from months before. I have no doubt Emma can be a huge success with singing and dancing.

I haven't seen that yet so I didn't know that about dan

But yeah I have no doubts about Emma

I dunno I'm sick of jonny bringing Emma down and doubting her.

it is useless to even try to intelligently reason with the Grand Admiral of Negativity, much less avoid getting pulled into his black-hole of pessimism. i believe Emma can sing, dance, act, do whatever she puts her very keen intelligence and mind to, and i will view and appreciate her talents, no matter what she takes on. Go Emma!!! :happydance:

What I want to say is that she TRIED to do this things on a very low basis but we still have no proof that she can really DO it as a lead character in a musical.

Everyone knows she would be in uncharted territory here. She could absolutely fail and be horrible at it.

But isn't the idea of her possibly succeeding and doing a really good job in a musical exciting to you?

I know that would involve getting your hopes up, but sometimes its okay to get excited about something that might end up disappointing you.

Hope and anticipation make success so much more enjoyable.

Everyone knows she would be in uncharted territory here. She could absolutely fail and be horrible at it.

For the second part I agree with you; the first part is not right, because if you read the comments here all her fans think that she can carry a musical; the most funny argument was, that if Daniel can it, Emma can it too, of course. All what I want to say is, that nobody can say at the moment, that she is a highlight in a musical. We can talk about that after she delivered her performance. But what I know and saw of her up to now, my opinion still is, that she would be great in a british comedy and that she would need more work with experienced actors (in private lessons or at a school) to make her acting more intense and more believable. She also should stay away from "schoolgirl" or "teenager"-roles, she is a 24 year old woman and should do other things then, uhm, playing a student or a teenager princess.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

People believe she can carry a musical because they simply want to see her succeed.

They aren't looking to argue with anyone. They're just excited and showing it by coming here and talking about it with other people who are also excited.

Everyone here is aware of what Emma has and has not done. You're the only person here who is trying to argue about this.

There's nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but you don't have to imagine this as an argument. 

We can all just talk about this subject without challenging everyone and trying prove our own opinion correct. It really makes for a more welcoming environment.

People believe she can carry a musical because they simply want to see her succeed.

They aren't looking to argue with anyone. They're just excited and showing it by coming here and talking about it with other people who are also excited.

Everyone here is aware of what Emma has and has not done. You're the only person here who is trying to argue about this.

There's nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but you don't have to imagine this as an argument. 

We can all just talk about this subject without challenging everyone and trying prove our own opinion correct. It really makes for a more welcoming environment.

Agree again... :-)

But I do not think that everyone here is aware about what she has done or not done. Telling me that she can it because Dan can it, is simply..... funny (to be nice). And I do not see this as an "argument" at all. But if you read the comments here, you will find out, that I tell my point of view and get in return insulted in a very unfriendly way. Many ladies here forget that I worked 30 years in the industry and maybe I look at Ms. Watson with a different eye. But, nevertheless, good to see that sb. is here willing to discuss things in a nice and friendly way.

I know you think you are right and they are wrong, but that doesn't mean their opinion is any less informed than yours.

You may think your opinion is the most realistic based on the facts, but you don't really know what's going to happen anymore than anyone else here.

Nobody is really "wrong" or "right" about any of this.

Anybody that says that Emma can do something because of whatever reason is just stating their opinion. They're aren't 100% convinced that it's true, they're just guessing.

They don't have a pile of evidence to support their opinion because that's the kind of mindset you only have when you're in an argument.

I haven't seen that yet so I didn't know that about dan

But yeah I have no doubts about Emma

I dunno I'm sick of jonny bringing Emma down and doubting her.

I'm sick and TIRED of seeing it all over the forum.

Agree again... :-)

But I do not think that everyone here is aware about what she has done or not done. Telling me that she can it because Dan can it, is simply..... funny (to be nice). And I do not see this as an "argument" at all. But if you read the comments here, you will find out, that I tell my point of view and get in return insulted in a very unfriendly way. Many ladies here forget that I worked 30 years in the industry and maybe I look at Ms. Watson with a different eye. But, nevertheless, good to see that sb. is here willing to discuss things in a nice and friendly way.

I'm sayin' Dan worked his ass for his successes. Emma did too. The only way open for them is Forward. I want them to work their ass, get their sweat on and I will buy the tickets to see them and I will watch their films. I only mentioned Dan because I am proud of what he achieved, and I believe Emma can achieve it as well, yes, if that is funny to you, well I don't want you sad anyway. so whatever makes you happy I'll write it in capital letters.

Elena have you not learned girl to ignore TROLLS...even one's in captains hats!!!!!!! Why do you try and argue with 5 year olds? Don't ya see? He is like a FIVE year old- "but why? Because I said so...but why? Because I said so? But why? I mean why BOTHER girl!! I mean I think he thinks we are in a CRITICIZE everything about Emma Watson forum. Maybe he got lost?

Anyway 4 1/2 more days to go!!! :) NO SCHOOL FOR 10 weeks!!!

Emma is MORE than capable of singing and dancing....this young woman is TALENTED and can do anything...I want to see her do some theater where she can showcase her singing and dancing along with acting.

Okay mom! I tried to have a friend! Tried!

She mentioned she wants to do theatre after graduation, so IT'S ON. But a musical won't hurt. She can also play an english teacher with a passion for yoga in this musical. In disguise. Or not.

It must be exhausting to be such a bitter old man.

Emma has shown that she does some singing, and can probably do more. She has also shown that she's done dance... I remember back in the day she was one of the leaders of her school's dance troupe (they did Rock Challenge and stuff, I think?). Jonny hasn't been a "fan" for very long, guys. He doesn't really know very much about Emma. Everything he knows is distorted by whatever is going on in his head.

LOL APPLAUSE!!!!!!! Mega props Ling :)

Yes that's right!! She did do dance in school...she said so in an interview a couple years ago. But even her cute dance routine with Ezra Miller in Perks shows the girl's gots moves :)

=)) Okay, okay. Some chatting won't hurt though, and I'm doing karaoke with myself now, Rihanna is on, thinking of a stage. Till Emma makes this official.

Well, then I hope that at least a little bit of her many talents will ever come to screen..... Up to now (since Potter) she only had little supporting roles (yes, even in Bling Ring as she confessed by herself on twitter) with not much challenges. If she is talented, it is really time to show us. Maybe it will happen now, after finishing her exhausting studies at Brown, uups, behind the laptop.

Off now for three weeks in London. And this time I have two days reserved for Watson-street...... :ph34r:

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

You are so creepy.

I'll be in London over the next 3 weekends. Please try to give me warning before you jump out of any bushes. This weekend is museums, next weekend is Trafalgar Square event and the following is gay pride. Please avoid these places at these times. :)

Emma has shown that she does some singing, and can probably do more. She has also shown that she's done dance... I remember back in the day she was one of the leaders of her school's dance troupe (they did Rock Challenge and stuff, I think?). Jonny hasn't been a "fan" for very long, guys. He doesn't really know very much about Emma. Everything he knows is distorted by whatever is going on in his head.

^ that. yups. :)

she choreographed some dance routines for her group, from what I found online and they won the rock challenge, i had the privilege of finding the video of her dancing with her peers and winning.

it was an awesome dance routine.

Roberto, I know. But I mean, she auditioned for Les Mis, for example. Well, I do not say that any of those actors (Heatherway, Crowe...) are SINGER in the artistic sence, but even there she could never compete...... Maybe Emma has a nice voice, but I do not think that she has the singing range to carry a musical through 90 minutes. She would either be dubbed or her voice would be manipulated by computer, what makes her not genuine and a fake. To sing artisticly needs years of training and education. Why, for heavens sake, is she not able to do a good english comedy. She is always linked to the wrong stuff. She is so funny in non-staged interviews so I think she could carry a comedy easily.

It reminds me of Daniel Radcliff : i never thought he could sing (for sure he's not a pop singer) but he did very well in a musical that was very successful ! 

It reminds me of Daniel Radcliff : i never thought he could sing (for sure he's not a pop singer) but he did very well in a musical that was very successful ! 

glad I am not the only one! he's an actor not a backstreet boy. although he could be, if he wanted to lol.

“La La Land†is a two-hander that follows a pair of dreamers — aspiring actress Mia, who's lonely desperate to fit in, and cocky yet charismatic jazz pianist Sebastian — who fall in love in Los Angeles. However, the city that brought them together may tear them apart, as they soon discover that balancing love and art in such a cutthroat climate isn't easy.
A song-and-dance romance, “La La Land†bills itself as a movie about big dreams, the big city and the kind of love that makes life feel like a musical.

That actually doesn't sound like a big hit for me  :blush: