The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just really would love to see her show off her talent on stage- Broadway or even West End theater.

she doesn't get offers on that, but she said she'd do theatre after graduation, so now that she did graduate, it's time to shine!

PRECISELY my feelings!!!!! :) I would definitely travel to a city to watch her live on stage!! My friends and I are talking about going to see Rupert too :) I would actually had loved to see Dan perform live but our schedules and family obligations just were not available. But I heard that Dan was awesome in HTSIBWRT :)

PRECISELY my feelings!!!!! :) I would definitely travel to a city to watch her live on stage!! My friends and I are talking about going to see Rupert too :) I would actually had loved to see Dan perform live but our schedules and family obligations just were not available. But I heard that Dan was awesome in HTSIBWRT :)

I wanted to see Dan in TCOI but didnt work out, so I'm a bitter lady. But he'll do another play in the future for me to be able to attend. I'd leave tomorrow to see her on stage.

• 1 month later...

"After “Bleed for This,†Teller heads back to Los Angeles to start shooting “La La Land†with Emma Watson."

“It’s with the same director as ‘Whiplash,’†he said. “It’s a musical that takes place in L.A., hence the ‘La La Land.’ I’ll get to play piano, sing and dance and stuff like that.â€

http://www.bustle.com/articles/40343-miles-teller-talks-two-night-stand-fantastic-four-his-high-intensity-career

"Next summer is Legion. The summer after is the next Fantastic Four and then the next Legion. And I know I’m doing – the director of Whiplash, Damien – I know I’m doing his next film in March. Me and Emma Watson. And then, hopefully I can do something in the fall,†he explains.

• 3 weeks later...

http://collider.com/damien-chazelle-whiplash-la-la-land-interview

"It's a love story, so it's the same way that Whiplash lives or dies based on the chemistry between its two leads, La La Land is about the chemistry between its two leads."

"It's very much in the vein of Singin' in the Rain, A Star is Born, The Umbrellas of Cherbourg."

"It's an old fashioned song and dance musical with music, kind of in the 1950s/60s vein, but set in contemporary L.A. and hopefully a kind of exciting, kinetic portrait of the city."

"I'm sort of throwing a lot of my favorite L.A. movies into it: Boogie Nights, The Graduate, Punch Drunk Love"

You're filming in The Valley or Downtown?

"We're filming a little bit everywhere. We're sort of location scouting now."

"I want to do a big, Cinemascope, Technicolor, love letter to Los Angeles."

Are you going for the MGM-style pre-record for the musical numbers, or trying to capture them live?

Eh, it was good enough for Fred and Ginger it should be good enough for us. I think the problem is that people have forgotten how to pre-record. So you see a lot of musicals where you can really hear the pre-record; it sounds like someone pressing "play" on a CD, because they've designed the number as if it's going out on the radio. But if you look at Fred and Ginger or Gene Kelly's stuff it's much different. They recorded dialogue differently back then, studio controlled, all that stuff, and they did the singing differently—much more conversational, a little more distance and less goosed up. So everything feels more of a piece.

But for the kind of dance numbers that we're going to do in this movie there's no possibility—and no point—to do them live. In “Whiplash†there's hardly anything that's live and we managed something there. You just have to know how to do it properly. The thing about musicals is—if you screw them up, there's nothing worse, but if you do them right, there's nothing better. They're this huge risk/reward genre so you can really fall on your face, but if you get it right the sky's the limit. It just lifts off the screen, and it's why a lot of those old MGM movies still feel just as fresh today as they did back then. I guess I'm both scared and excited to do the next one.

Just saw Whiplash and was totally blown away. Easily one of the best movies of the year.

The pacing and confidence in the editing alone was unlike anything I've seen in a long time.

Chazelle is a great up-and-comer with huge potential.

• 2 months later...

"Although Emma Watson has been rumored as the female lead, Chazelle said that he could only talk about Teller’s involvement"

"Teller and Chazelle are collaborating again later in the year on a movie musical called La La Land."

"Emma Watson was interested in doing it, too, but it may clash with another of her films."

So either she's shooting Tearling this summer, or she has another mystery film to be announced.

Edited by Roberto