The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-ca-damien-chazelle-20150215-story.html

"Now that he's had a taste of acclaim, Chazelle is trying not to let it mess with his head as he gears up to start shooting "La La Land" in the fall, with Teller once again starring."

So they pushed to fall, which could mean they are trying to accommodate her schedule, or are buying time to find a replacement. 

It's still possible, but with both Regression and Colonia coming out in the fall, I just don't see her being able to do the press tours alongside this type of production.

http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/2015-02-20/whiplash-director-damien-chazelle-oscars-interview/

Can you talk a little bit about the plot of La La Land?
Yeah, it’s a Singing in the Rain-style musical set in contemporary Los Angeles that will be shooting in L.A. in the fall.

Is Emma Watson confirmed?
Nothing is set in stone besides Miles. We’re still finalizing the female lead.

They still talk to her to see if she can make it coz she's also gonna film beauty. i think beauty will win in the end as you said, I dont see how theyre gonna do that, unless they change when production will start on lalaland, to adjust to her schedule on beauty. i hope they can do that for her.

Production on Beauty is supposed to start in May.

If they stay on that schedule, I think she would have enough time to begin prep/rehearsals by Aug/Sep. (if you ignore Regression commitments)

I do like that he used the word "finalizing", though. Makes it sound like he might be expecting it to work out, as opposed to starting over fresh with different casting.

Production on Beauty is supposed to start in May.

If they stay on that schedule, I think she would have enough time to begin prep/rehearsals by Aug/Sep. (if you ignore Regression commitments)

I do like that he used the word "finalizing", though. Makes it sound like he might be expecting it to work out, as opposed to starting over fresh with different casting.

I think it sounds like they are trying to fit in her schedule after Beauty!!! She will have had singing lessons- will prep her for Lalaland then yeah?? :)

yeah, I think we're gonna get them both actually, I am so stoked. she takes singing lessons for both I feel!? I mean she's probably going to sing in lalaland, besides dancing, you tell me you have emma watson and you don't take artistic advantage of that!? Come on. I stay optimistic about it. 

After all these months on the awards trail, are you ready to finally get back to reality?

Yeah, we’re going to start shooting [the musical romantic comedy "La La Land"] in September or October. I’m definitely ready to get back to real work. You start to really feel a little weird when you’ve spent this long talking about work you did in the past and not about work you’re doing in the present. I’m really excited to make something else. 

Movies.com: Have you already started trying to figure out how to choreograph everything?

Chazelle: We've been sort of choreographing for the past few months, and then tentative rehearsals will start up in the summer as we get closer to shooting in the fall. It's a very dance heavy movie, and I want to shoot the dance in long takes and wide so you can really see the dancers, and that definitely puts a big burden on the rehearsal process.

I want to shoot the dance in long takes and wide so you can really see the dancers, and that definitely puts a big burden on the rehearsal process.

That would be grat ! I hate when there is a dance moment in a video clip, or in a movie, and they only film the head of the main dancer. It's like on some offical videos of ballets, they film the face of the dancers, or only the feet, when dance is actually about the whole body. At least here there is someone who undertands what dance is about ! 

To me it will have all the material for a great movie :)

• 2 weeks later...

Last night i was lurking on miles teller's twitter acc, checking if there were any news of la la land, then i just found out that he unfollowed emma (he was following her around dec-jan? i'm not sure), this might sounds silly to jump into conclusions too early but that broke my heart a bit... anyway i really hope emma will join them, nothing is impossible. Things might work for good to them at the end who knows? right? :sob:

It could be Beauty and Beast and promos for Colonial Dignidad and Regression maybe too much...plus Queen of Tearling will be starting assuming soon too! Is hoping forLaLaLand but who knows!!! Either way, I am just psyched by the amount of projects she is doing now!

Last night i was lurking on miles teller's twitter acc, checking if there were any news of la la land, then i just found out that he unfollowed emma (he was following her around dec-jan? i'm not sure), this might sounds silly to jump into conclusions too early but that broke my heart a bit... anyway i really hope emma will join them, nothing is impossible. Things might work for good to them at the end who knows? right? :sob:

that is sooo childish! to unfollow someone because she mite not get on lalaland's board. ugh. go back to 5 grade teller!

It could be Beauty and Beast and promos for Colonial Dignidad and Regression maybe too much...plus Queen of Tearling will be starting assuming soon too! Is hoping forLaLaLand but who knows!!! Either way, I am just psyched by the amount of projects she is doing now!

it is a lot of work to do and a life to live too!

that is sooo childish! to unfollow someone because she mite not get on lalaland's board. ugh. go back to 5 grade teller!

lmao maybe he unfollowed her because of her tweets of feminism ? lol anyway i really hope she would be able to do this only for Chazelle, if i were her, I'd fight tooth and nail to get the role. And still there is a chance that she might find a way to fit that film in her busy schedule, bc colonia's director said in his last interview that if the team didnt finish their editing work fast at the end of the year then colonia will not be released until the beginning of next year. So she might get some free time between sep-dec which it's the period when chazelle will begin shooting his movie. *fingers crossed*

lmao maybe he unfollowed her because of her tweets of feminism ? lol anyway i really hope she would be able to do this only for Chazelle, if i were her, I'd fight tooth and nail to get the role. And still there is a chance that she might find a way to fit that film in her busy schedule, bc colonia's director said in his last interview that if the team didnt finish their editing work fast at the end of the year then colonia will not be released until the beginning of next year. So she might get some free time between sep-dec which it's the period when chazelle will begin shooting his movie. *fingers crossed*

I'd be sooo happy if she'd do this, I think she will. It's a surprise she's probably keeping secret till her birthday or something.:)

We see her dance in Perks, and the girl looks like a natural :) singing- we get the backgrounds on Ben H songs but we can't truly hear her but from the sound, she has a very pretty voice. :)

We see her dance in Perks, and the girl looks like a natural :) singing- we get the backgrounds on Ben H songs but we can't truly hear her but from the sound, she has a very pretty voice. :)

plus singing is one of her dreams coming true. Just few years ago, she's been asked "If you couldn't be an actor, what would you like to be?" and she replied: I'd like to be a singer." :wub:

plus singing is one of her dreams coming true. Just few years ago, she's been asked "If you couldn't be an actor, what would you like to be?" and she replied: I'd like to be a singer." :wub:

I never eeever seen that?!