#61 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

Awww I am sorry girl...yeah when you know you can see something and you ya can't because of unavoidable reasons...sucks!
Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

#62 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

Awww I am sorry girl...yeah when you know you can see something and you ya can't because of unavoidable reasons...sucks!

yep!

set by ashley

213omyu.jpg

#63 Roberto

Roberto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

"After “Bleed for This,” Teller heads back to Los Angeles to start shooting “La La Land” with Emma Watson."

“It’s with the same director as ‘Whiplash,’” he said. “It’s a musical that takes place in L.A., hence the ‘La La Land.’ I’ll get to play piano, sing and dance and stuff like that.”

nL2DwrX.png

#64 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:18 PM

yupiiiiiiii, i hope so!

set by ashley

213omyu.jpg

#65 Ashley

Ashley

Extreme Poster

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,378 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:29 PM

So does that mean this is a for sure thing?!

#66 berrytea33

berrytea33

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:00 AM

Emma is still listed as rumored for this movie.

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_1

#67 Roberto

Roberto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:39 PM

http://www.bustle.co...ntensity-career

"Next summer is Legion. The summer after is the next Fantastic Four and then the next Legion. And I know I’m doing – the director of Whiplash, Damien – I know I’m doing his next film in March. Me and Emma Watson. And then, hopefully I can do something in the fall,” he explains.

nL2DwrX.png

#68 Szalka

Szalka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationHexham , UK

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

This movie is in Post-production  now. But they keep changing the date . 

"I don't want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself." 

Hot-Emma-Watson-GIF.giftumblr_n2a8gukRTG1s6o2svo2_250.giftumblr_n2a8gukRTG1s6o2svo1_250.gif

#69 Roberto

Roberto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:28 AM

http://collider.com/...-land-interview

"It's a love story, so it's the same way that Whiplash lives or dies based on the chemistry between its two leads, La La Land is about the chemistry between its two leads."

"It's very much in the vein of Singin' in the Rain, A Star is Born, The Umbrellas of Cherbourg."

"It's an old fashioned song and dance musical with music, kind of in the 1950s/60s vein, but set in contemporary L.A. and hopefully a kind of exciting, kinetic portrait of the city."

"I'm sort of throwing a lot of my favorite L.A. movies into it: Boogie Nights, The Graduate, Punch Drunk Love"

You're filming in The Valley or Downtown?

"We're filming a little bit everywhere. We're sort of location scouting now."

"I want to do a big, Cinemascope, Technicolor, love letter to Los Angeles."

nL2DwrX.png

#70 Roberto

Roberto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:41 PM

Are you going for the MGM-style pre-record for the musical numbers, or trying to capture them live?

Eh, it was good enough for Fred and Ginger it should be good enough for us. I think the problem is that people have forgotten how to pre-record. So you see a lot of musicals where you can really hear the pre-record; it sounds like someone pressing "play" on a CD, because they've designed the number as if it's going out on the radio. But if you look at Fred and Ginger or Gene Kelly's stuff it's much different. They recorded dialogue differently back then, studio controlled, all that stuff, and they did the singing differently—much more conversational, a little more distance and less goosed up. So everything feels more of a piece.

But for the kind of dance numbers that we're going to do in this movie there's no possibility—and no point—to do them live. In “Whiplash” there's hardly anything that's live and we managed something there. You just have to know how to do it properly. The thing about musicals is—if you screw them up, there's nothing worse, but if you do them right, there's nothing better. They're this huge risk/reward genre so you can really fall on your face, but if you get it right the sky's the limit. It just lifts off the screen, and it's why a lot of those old MGM movies still feel just as fresh today as they did back then. I guess I'm both scared and excited to do the next one.

nL2DwrX.png

#71 Emma_Rules

Emma_Rules

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Virginia

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:00 AM

Funny Face, with Audrey Hepburn in 1957, is still such a great musical, great costumes and colors, music direction...waiting for the Blu-ray someday.

good_music_zps1def08f8.gif

#72 Roberto

Roberto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:41 PM

Just saw Whiplash and was totally blown away. Easily one of the best movies of the year.

The pacing and confidence in the editing alone was unlike anything I've seen in a long time.

Chazelle is a great up-and-comer with huge potential.

nL2DwrX.png

#73 Roberto

Roberto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:13 PM

Congrats to Chazelle and Teller on 5 well-deserved Oscar nominations for Whiplash.

nL2DwrX.png

#74 Roberto

Roberto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:04 PM

"Although Emma Watson has been rumored as the female lead, Chazelle said that he could only talk about Teller’s involvement"

"Teller and Chazelle are collaborating again later in the year on a movie musical called La La Land."

"Emma Watson was interested in doing it, too, but it may clash with another of her films."

So either she's shooting Tearling this summer, or she has another mystery film to be announced.

Edited by Roberto, 16 January 2015 - 07:08 PM.

nL2DwrX.png

#75 Ashley

Ashley

Extreme Poster

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,378 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

Thanks for the info!

#76 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:26 AM

Yes thanks for the updates!! :) either way, it's a film she will be doing again- girl is BUSY!!! :)
Posted Image

#77 Roberto

Roberto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:31 PM

http://www.latimes.c...0215-story.html

"Now that he's had a taste of acclaim, Chazelle is trying not to let it mess with his head as he gears up to start shooting "La La Land" in the fall, with Teller once again starring."

So they pushed to fall, which could mean they are trying to accommodate her schedule, or are buying time to find a replacement. 

It's still possible, but with both Regression and Colonia coming out in the fall, I just don't see her being able to do the press tours alongside this type of production.

nL2DwrX.png

#78 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:02 PM

I think they'll make it work after all. 

set by ashley

213omyu.jpg

#79 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:41 PM

Only time will tell!!!!! :)
Posted Image

#80 Roberto

Roberto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:00 AM

http://www.vh1.com/c...cars-interview/

Can you talk a little bit about the plot of La La Land?
Yeah, it’s a Singing in the Rain-style musical set in contemporary Los Angeles that will be shooting in L.A. in the fall.

Is Emma Watson confirmed?
Nothing is set in stone besides Miles. We’re still finalizing the female lead.

nL2DwrX.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users