The Emma-Watson.net Forum

New outtakes from "ELLE" 2011 (!)

Yeah, Emma's PR was definitely consulted for a tumblr post that only a couple thousand people will ever see.

Ok, but these are "outtakes". I understand outtakes as pictures, not selected for publication. They should remain with the magazine or the photographer. So why is it possible that they are posted on tumblr? What is with the copyright? I think nobody would post such official pics (out of a shoot, Emma was definitly payed for) without permission.

The photos are posted by EMMA WATSON DAILY DOT ORG. Known for allegedly stealing photos to only post them on tumblr and her mentioned website as tagged or LQ. 

tumblr_n6x44erGNZ1qdm4v9o1_500.png

Are those "outtakes" really authorised by her or her management? On pic one she looks like pregnant, on pic two like she has a dental problem, only pic three is a nicer one.....

she does not look pregnant!

You don't need permission if the copyright holder doesn't find out about it and/or just doesn't care.

Mariano Vivanco saw that his photos are tagged online by her and I don't see any actions taken by him so people might not care so much.

On pic one she looks like pregnant

Haha agree on that ! 

Ok, but these are "outtakes". I understand outtakes as pictures, not selected for publication. They should remain with the magazine or the photographer. So why is it possible that they are posted on tumblr? 

I always wondered !! 

I think out takes are just photos from the photoshoot that are released but not in the magazines.

That's just my guess.

yes that is what outtakes mean and are.

Official definition of a "outtake" (mind the red written words):

A blooper, also known as an outtake or gag reel, is a short sequence of a film or video production, usually a deleted scene, containing a mistake made by a member of the cast or crew.

I do not think that Emma is happy about her mistakes (and these pics are mistakes) to be published.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

What he ^ said.

And Emma may not be happy when some photos from a shoot that are less than flattering are used or posted, but there is not much she can do about it. They aren't her photos, they belong to the copyright holder. And again, it's not like the photos were posted with permission.

So, no matter how you try and twist things, it's not the fault of Emma or her management.

What he ^ said.

And Emma may not be happy when some photos from a shoot that are less than flattering are used or posted, but there is not much she can do about it. They aren't her photos, they belong to the copyright holder. And again, it's not like the photos were posted with permission.

So, no matter how you try and twist things, it's not the fault of Emma or her management.

I never said that it is Emmas fault or a mistake of her management. I asked why they do nothing against such creepy "outtakes".

I never said that it is Emmas fault or a mistake of her management. I asked why they do nothing against such creepy "outtakes".

work can never be described as creepy, this is her work, they shot for a whole day I am sure. They try numerous make-up looks, wardrobe changes, angles, light set-ups etc to GET THE PERFECT ONES to be published in the magazine(or whatever the purpose of the shoot is, maybe it's for a fashion campaign, or anything else). There's no such thing as creepy outtakes but then again, you're the biggest fan.

There's no such thing as creepy outtakes but then again, you're the biggest fan.

I am her fan; and out of that I say that such creepy outtakes never should be released. And I cannot imagine, that she does not have her hands on the copyrights. The "right of the own picture" is valid also in GB. Except, of course, she sold all rights. B)

No, she would not hold the copyrights for the photos. "Right of own picture" or rights of publicity/privacy would apply if posting the pictures was for commercial use or she could prove they were damaging to her in some way, not just posting them on tumblr. And no, she did not sell the rights. They weren't hers to begin with. She would likely have signed a model release, that's all.

And you continue to ignore that the photos were not "released". Likely someone hacked an online account of the photographer or agency and found the photos.

And you continue to ignore that the photos were not "released". Likely someone hacked an online account of the photographer or agency and found the photos.

that is so possible, because ewd mentioned a guy who has all these photos and makes them available to her but she has to pay for them(which does not give her the right to tag them and post them everywhere but I'm happy coz I can untag some).

They're really not THAT bad..

But these pictures have not the Level "A"-quality they should have for beeing printed or released. Just look on the last one: her smile is more like "uh, I hope I can stand on one feet for longer" and you see her white panty under the body, which is, I think, a mistake. These pics are not genuinly "bad", but not of the quality we are used to get by Emma. That's my point.