The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Hi, my name's Andre, as you can see on my username.

Do you believe in life after death? I do believe but I guess it will only happen when Jesus save the Earth again.

What do you think about it? Open discussion for everyone! 

Well biological speaking there is. When you die and your body gets decomposed, the organic substrates go back to the earth, which will be used by other organisms for new life etc (sorry for the amateurish way to describe it, it's 3 am and I'm very tired xD).

What happens to the soul, if there is one, I don't know. I don't think there is a afterlife such as heaven or hell. 

Edited by I am Not Purple

Like anybody else, I don't know for sure what happens after I die except that my body and organs decompose. 

There's a theory that the energy inside us never dies or gets lost. It just turns into another form of energy or it converts to a lower form (i.e. less powerful form) over time. 

People that have been classified as "brain dead" have shown to continue to have brain activity that resembles the ripples of waves on an ocean, but which is not sufficient to power the brain to wake up. It is also common for brain dead people to move their limbs - as fading electrical impulses circle through the spinal cord.

Even people who have died due to heart failure can have several minutes of heart activity that is due to fading electrical impulses that are not sufficiently powerful not synchronized to keep the heart pumping appropriately. 

Everything I've come across points to the "some kind of consciousness after death". Science is still to young and unexplored to make any definitive statement and religion is too old and dogma-ridden to take at faith value so I'm left to my own experiences and explorations. 

In the end, it can't be comprehended or understood by us right now. 

Edited by Bagel of Death

Well biological speaking there is. When you die and your body gets decomposed, the organic substrates go back to the earth, which will be used by other organisms for new life etc (sorry for the amateurish way to describe it, it's 3 am and I'm very tired xD).

What happens to the soul, if there is one, I don't know. I don't think there is a afterlife such as heaven or hell. 

I'm actually with you on that ! 

I don't believe in life (for the soul) after death. Also, because I'm agnostic (non believer), I don't believe neither in Hell nor Heaven. 

I once thought about reincarnation in another human, but I computed that it's mathematically impossible xD 

I'm actually with you on that ! 

I don't believe in life (for the soul) after death. Also, because I'm agnostic (non believer), I don't believe neither in Hell nor Heaven. 

I once thought about reincarnation in another human, but I computed that it's mathematically impossible xD 

Yah, I'm an atheist myself.

haha. :P To be honest imo the buddhist way makes the most sense. It kinda goes with the first part of my first post.

• 5 months later...

There is life after death, but it's not for most humans..  At least six made it..  Heaven is empty, and stinks like hell..

The afterlife is not the BS "heaven" as is written and described in your insane narcissistic childish fantasy story books..

The gate to the afterlife, and the afterlife is made of absolute innocent pure love.. It holds four layers which repeat, or a delta as one wishes..  Haters, abusers, and the mindless, will never get to it..  You must be 100% love to even find and see the way into the afterlife, and you must have a fully functional mind running at at least 27% capacity.. Most bright humans run at 2.5% to 3% .. Hell is the afterlife's shield against you mindless hateful demons trying to enter.. If you somehow happen to enter through the shell of the afterlife, you are instantly met by a huge bloody monster that is ten-times meaner and a hundred times faster and horrid than our best sci-fi depictions of mighty werewolves..  I kiss them on the sides of their mouths..  It makes them purr..  When I meet them, I slit a wrist, and feed them each some warm salty blood as treats..  but I just can't get them to eat slowly and savor.. They are such pigs with candy..  They love me as them...  Just into the gates of the so called afterlife you are met by one of those monsters.. If you are not of absolute innocent pure love you are attacked and devoured in your first three seconds in the afterlife..  Prayer poetry BS doesn't cut it..  There is no god to help you.. and if there was, who would want You in his of her heaven..?  You are on your own...  Forget the afterlife.. It's not for you..  Recycle..  Have a noice extinction..  Live your life here and now with all you've got, cuz there ain't no more for people..  My sweetheart pets have instructions to eat everything that comes through the shields..  You mindless hateful spiteful abusive destructive critters would only piss on the roses, and hurt, kill, and eat my little friends there, as you would damage everything, just like you did to this planet..  "Heaven" doesn't want AH's and violent rogue apes...

Hope that answers the silly questions, cuz it's only truth and fact...  Just telling it like it is...  It's not meant to insult, nor offend..  It's just meant to poignantly provide the true hard facts as they be...

• 7 months later...

Before my mother died i thought that there was no such thing as life after death.

but when she died my mind altered and maybe that was due to grief i do not know. 

Either way I believe that in some way there is life after death, there has to be.