This depends on a lot of things. Where do you live? What do you plan on majoring in? What are your math skills? What is your price range? Any scholarships? Keep in mind that some colleges don't have the same majoring options as other colleges so you would have to do a lot of research...and as I'm typing this I realized that I may be too late on this post, so with that being said: Have you made any decisions yet?
In the right order :
- I live in France and want to spend only one month in the USA
- I don't want to major in anything because I graduated in France so I'm not seeking for any diploma, just the knowledge (if I fail at any exams I actually quite don't care, though I'm going to do it the most seriously possible). If your question means 'what courses do i want to take' : quite anything that's about mathematics, though I love numbers theory and algebra better!
- I graduated in France (3 years in the University following the French system), that's all I can say about my skills ! (and long story short, after that i'm currently preparing a master degree about teaching, that's not focused on mathematics, I'm doing my second year this year 2014-2015)
- Price range : I plan on having a budget of 3.600€, which is about 4.800$ for one month, and if I have to take a loan to have the best experience, I'll do !
- Scholarships : not any because it's not for one full year.
I haven't made any decisions, but I searched for many universities, I saw that a lot of them offer 15 days or one month of courses for about 3.500$ (depending on where, if it's California or somewhere less fancy). A lot of universities take forein students for summer class. Basically, I found many things that could be great that's I'm interested in doing. I'm also thinking about renting a flat thanks to Airbnb more than living in a residential school (for personal reasons ).
I'm still wondering in which state or city I'd like to go !
This website helped me :
Thanks for answering !
Edited by Thessalie, 11 August 2014 - 09:41 AM.